Re: MT4 Multi Time Frame (MTF) Indicators

squalouco wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:14 am

Hi,

Because I am not a coder, I have two questions that I would appreciate help with regarding the indicator Bollinger bands (mtf + arrows + alerts).ex4

1. On the indicator properties, there is an option for arrows on first mtf bar true/false - My interpretation of this is that if set to false when the actual bar prints on the lower time frame chart derived from the higher time frame chart the signal will not move or repaint, am I correct in my assumption?

2. On the indicator properties, there is an option for interpolating values on/off? Could you please in a very simplistic manner explain what are the benefits of mtf interpolation?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance in these explanations,

1. That is used when using the arrows in mtf mode, if using first mtf bar that mtf bar can change before the multi time frame is complete so if first mtf = false you can get the arrow at the last part of the mtf bar, should be less chance of the signal repainting.

2. check here viewtopic.php?p=1295389365#p1295389365

mrtools wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:26 am

1. That is used when using the arrows in mtf mode, if using first mtf bar that mtf bar can change before the multi time frame is complete so if first mtf = false you can get the arrow at the last part of the mtf bar, should be less chance of the signal repainting.

2. check here viewtopic.php?p=1295389365#p1295389365
Thank you, Mr Tools, I got it!
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

ivanzab2 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 pm Hello ! First, I want to apologize for my English. You are doing a very valuable activity on this site! My question is: can you make this indicator in MTF interpolation mode? Thanks in advance !
Sorry for the late answer just saw your request and added mtf.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
ivanzab2, vvFish

DislikeRe: MT4 Multi Time Frame (MTF) Indicators

Try Blau Tvi there are a bunch of different versions.

Thank you..that's just what I was looking for...

One request... I've looked at the code and wanted to ask if its to add a look-back-bars input to the indicator rather than reading the current bar? I tried adding it to the
the int y = iBarShift(NULL,TimeFrame,time); but it didn't work!

JP

These users thanked the author argonaut for the post:
vvFish