ChartRe: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:21 am For some reason not able to switch between slope option and zero cross option using that type of histogram.
mrtoolz!!! sorry 2 ask this but can u pls make a simple/light period separator indicator which shades every 2nd day/week/month etc in different color just like yahoo & other charts does??
here is example from eurusd charts section here
Attachments
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi mr tools, Sorry to bother you with this, But can you make an additional alert for when 3 filters are met so that I could place multiple currency pairs along the chart because I do not know how to make a dashboard.

Filter: Histogram Green, Overbrought, Grey line
Hisogram Red, Overbrought, grey line

Alert when filter matches. Thank you!

Hi MrTools

I was thinking about the notion of relative timeframes (in relation to the base timeframe of the chart).

Lets say that for example my chart is on the 5 minute timeframe (base timeframe). I have a MTF indicator attached to this that is set on the 1hr timeframe (that is 3 timeframes higher).

Now, if I switch the chart to the 30 minute timeframe how should the indicator respond? Should the MTF indicator remain on the 1hr timeframe? Or should the MTF indicator automatically change its timeframe to 3 timeframes higher (to the Daily timeframe). It all depends on the response we want from the indicator in relation to changing the timeframe of the chart.

I believe it would be useful if you could code this flexibility of behaviour in your MTF indicators.

There could be a switch (YES / NO) in the inputs of the indicator to select "Manual Timeframe vs Relative Timeframe"
The current timeframe field could remain available to feed the option for "Manual Timeframe"
A new Relative Timeframe field would be needed to select the relative timeframe:
0 = the timeframe of the chart
1 = one higher timeframe than the timeframe of the chart
2 = two higher timeframes than the timeframe of the chart etc

I have seen this relative timeframe behaviour in an indicator (not on this forum) - my personal take is that it is useful.

Would you consider this as an improvement possibility on top of the improvements already available (MTF, alerts, arrows/lines, multisymbol etc)?
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
optionhk

markstep wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:48 am Hi mr tools, Sorry to bother you with this, But can you make an additional alert for when 3 filters are met so that I could place multiple currency pairs along the chart because I do not know how to make a dashboard.

Filter: Histogram Green, Overbrought, Grey line
Hisogram Red, Overbrought, grey line

Alert when filter matches. Thank you!
Hi... does this indicator repaint?... thanks

Daim2574 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 am

Dear mrtools.... is it possible to make a mtf smoothed Laguerre RSI so it would be locked flat up when bullish and locked flat down when bearish like the one modified Laguerre in the picture below... they use the colored lines to show Laguerre outcome on higher timeframe as well.... many thanks
What would determine bullish/bearish?