Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Senior Rob wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:44 am

Hello all,

Does anyone have a problem with template XARD-TRADINGv9? When I load it, it crashes my MT4. I don't have a problem with any other XARD indicators or templates,

I loaded each indicator individually and it is indicator !!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-MARKERS.ex4 which crashes MT4 and that is the one producing the support/resistance dots which I want.

Can anyone help? Thank you.
For me the v9 very slow. 30 second while its change from 30 minutes to 1 minutes. During that mt4 not answering.

normannasty wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:59 am

For me the v9 very slow. 30 second while its change from 30 minutes to 1 minutes. During that mt4 not answering.
Some indicators are huge beasts that gobble up mt4's limited resources and it may be that the platform itself is struggling under the load, there are a few tricks that might help. For example in Market Watch you may have just clicked 'Show all' so you are constantly receiving data on every market your broker covers, you can save resources by hiding all the ones you don't need. Also do you really need the full 'Max bars in History' and 'Max bars in Chart' in the Charts tab in Tools > Options, halving the default values will also save mt4 resources. Then consider how many charts you have open and the number of indicators on each one and if you really need them all running all the time. Trimming things down a bit can really make a big difference to load speeds and crashes.

Ogee wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 am
Some indicators are huge beasts that gobble up mt4's limited resources and it may be that the platform itself is struggling under the load, there are a few tricks that might help. For example in Market Watch you may have just clicked 'Show all' so you are constantly receiving data on every market your broker covers, you can save resources by hiding all the ones you don't need. Also do you really need the full 'Max bars in History' and 'Max bars in Chart' in the Charts tab in Tools > Options, halving the default values will also save mt4 resources. Then consider how many charts you have open and the number of indicators on each one and if you really need them all running all the time. Trimming things down a bit can really make a big difference to load speeds and crashes.
Thank you, Ogee.
I only trade GBP pairs and then GBPAUD and GBPNZD most of the time so I will hide all the other pairs in Market Watch. I have reduced the "Max bars" to 50000 and will see how that goes when my broker comes on line later today. I only have 3 charts open at a time with only the indicators on which I use. Thank you very much for your kind help.
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

Latest Setup

Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world