Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

Thank you guys, I'm glad it is helpful!

The new channel indicator is close to what I intended but not completely accurate, let me explain how it should work (and how I use it).

Take this M1 chart as example, the min-max RSI value channels are there to display what the RSI looked like in the recent period, to spot divergences that were there, to make sure the RSI was in divergence (or not) during a certain candle while it was opened, take this M1 as example: I connect the black (original, closed candles RSI) to the orange, and I can know if in the candles I connected (closed candle HAS to be connected with the wick of the other candle), the RSI was in divergence or not (this gives you an early signal that you can then confirm with price action or whatever you prefer).
This saves me the need to have my eyes glued to the screen during the whole candle to check if the RSI was in divergence at all times. It is like a "historic" of the recent RSI values (is not needed to have too much candles, to save calculations in the loop. Ideally the best would be to be able to choose the bars).

This is a comparison between both what I need and the current channel RSI, in the open of a M1 candle: Now the close of the same candle: I think the channels require a different loop (and an auto-set value to the RSI open candle value with every new candle), but not sure 100%.
I've tried to modify it myself to show you in the code, but don't attach it to a chart, it will hang the platform! Let's say my coding skills aren't the best :sweat:

Thanks, and please ask me any question!
These users thanked the author miau1 for the post:
Jimmy

Hello, sorry in advance if this in the wrong thread but I came across this interesting indicator called Relative Strength Levy. It's an oscillator that fluctuates around the fixed level of 1, the original formula is rather simple: RSL=Price/MA(n). It should be no problem for the one here that I found in MQL5 to be on the chart, but I wasn't able to make it run in strategy tester, so maybe is it non nmc? Either way, would you please build an update to this version with different MA option and price formular? Thank you!
VALAR MORGHULIS

miau1 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:50 pm Thank you guys, I'm glad it is helpful!

The new channel indicator is close to what I intended but not completely accurate, let me explain how it should work (and how I use it).

Take this M1 chart as example, the min-max RSI value channels are there to display what the RSI looked like in the recent period, to spot divergences that were there, to make sure the RSI was in divergence (or not) during a certain candle while it was opened, take this M1 as example:
example.png
I connect the black (original, closed candles RSI) to the orange, and I can know if in the candles I connected (closed candle HAS to be connected with the wick of the other candle), the RSI was in divergence or not (this gives you an early signal that you can then confirm with price action or whatever you prefer).
This saves me the need to have my eyes glued to the screen during the whole candle to check if the RSI was in divergence at all times. It is like a "historic" of the recent RSI values (is not needed to have too much candles, to save calculations in the loop. Ideally the best would be to be able to choose the bars).

This is a comparison between both what I need and the current channel RSI, in the open of a M1 candle:
1.png

Now the close of the same candle:
2.png

I think the channels require a different loop (and an auto-set value to the RSI open candle value with every new candle), but not sure 100%.
I've tried to modify it myself to show you in the code, but don't attach it to a chart, it will hang the platform! Let's say my coding skills aren't the best :sweat:

Thanks, and please ask me any question!
Hello again, I've continued to work with this RSI, and made some progress (got it to work in a chart) but I'm stuck, it still needs to set the channel lines to the RSI values in the open of every new candle, I tried everything and this is what I think is the closest I got.

Also, this is minor but Id like the central RSIs to "overlap" the channel lines, so you see the central RSI at all times, right now the channels are drawn "over" the RSI. Tried a few things also but couldn't get that.

This is how it looks like now (bottom RSI) compared to what I intend to get (upper RSI with the levels drawn): And this is the latest version (you can attach this to a chart safely at least)

Edit. Pasted the wrong file, this is the last one. The two problems the code has are:
1. Needs to start having the value of the normal RSI at the start of the bar.
2. Needs to display the highest/lowest point the RSI reached in every bar, even if it repainted back, currently it shows the highest/lowest that "closed" in X candles instead (defined by the "CalculatedBars" parameter, that should define the amount of bars where you want the calculation to be performed, as it might be CPU heavy).

Apologies for the confusion!