Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:58 am In a nutshell - we want to trade from 30 min Red Semafor to 30 min Green Semafor to 30 min Red Semafor Ad Infinitum.
However, our Semafors have a tendency to recalc so a way around this is to use the 2nd White Dot to confirm the possibility that the current Semafor will no longer recalc and we can therefore make our trade to the next Green/Red Semafor with impunity. The problem that exists is that the 2nd White Dot can also recalc, it may not even turn up on the 1min chart and sometimes not even on the 5min chart and sometimes not even on the 15 min chart. That's sometimes, in most cases it will appear on one or two TFs below the 30 min and allow us to commit a trade towards the next Semafor on the 30 min TF (Woohoo kerching).

I got temporarily bogged down looking for a retracement of the 2nd White Dot towards the 61% and 78% zone level and missed out of some golden opportunities. It turns out that the 2nd white Dot can appear at as little as the 30% retracement level and hold the line then reverse and continue on the main trend.
The problem here is if we then enter at this level only to see price retrace back to 61% (or even 99%) can be a lot to swallow on the negative side - a position that none of us want to be in. I am finding that the 5min chart is giving us our best 2nd White Dot from which to trade toward our 30 Min Semafor. Hence, the 30 min & 5 min charts on my trading screen.
Hopefully other traders will see this and perhaps we can have a workaround for any inconsistencies along the way.
All the best
Xard777

PS Here is what the latest setup will look like...
Here we have the 30 Min chart showing 5 min White Dots, 15 min Blue Dots and 30 min Semafor Red Dots (Red Dots will cover up both white & blue Dots on the chart).
The 15 Min blue Dots are same as 5 min white Dots but showing on the 15 min TF - so in theory you are looking for the Highest/Lowest white or blue 2nd Dot from which to trade to the next Red Dot

This way you can simply stay on the 30 min chart at all times and get to trade the smaller TF 2nd Dots (be it 5 min or 15 min).

THIS IS HOW I WOULD TRADE THIS SETUP
Fabulous system I usually combine it with my usual analysis system that is the Market Profile with very good results.
XARD ... a doubt ... in this last template you have eliminated the murray zones. Do you no longer consider them important? In the previous templates they worked very well as important support and resistance areas.

Greetings and thanks for your great contribution!

XARD: I like and still do use MMath but too much info on the chart can be confusing for traders wanting to pull the trigger.
That is why I am trying to create a simple setup that identifies direction on the 30 min and then allows traders to hone in and pull the trigger on the best possible multiple entries that appear on the 5 min chart for the duration of that 30 min direction.
Xard777

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:39 am Here is a 30 Min chart of HK50 showing BUY entries on the 5 min Dots.
Xard777
I was in this move since yesterday, but on SELL dots. It got momentum quite slowly, got out earlier today as I was cautious that this move might be a pullback on a bigger timeframe. Later could have been OK, too as the market din't really like the mixed employment figures... still booked an acceptable profit.

I also got on the move on your second picture, but I avoided the volatile nonsense after the news, I got on a bit later after the retest of previous support hopefully turning into resistance, a half hour ago.

The creative new colors of dots can help newbies better!:
1. What's the colour of the big dot / series of big dots on M30?
2a. Red? Trade downwards after the small red dot / series of dots, short
2b. Green? Trade upwards following the small red dot / series of dots, long

Xard, you said there's a problem with 5-min autorefresh, I believe you, what to do with it?

XARD: Will fix and post over the weekend

With the new setup the Red/Green Semafor on the 5min chart will now match the Red/Green Semafor on the 30 min chart
The Smaller Dots on the 5min chart will match the Red/Green smaller Dots on the 30 min chart.
This will allow you trade the 5 min Dots in the direction of the larger 30 min Semafor on both Time frames.
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 5):
optionhk, stond, fadhayemustafa, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:17 am With the new setup the Red/Green Semafor on the 5min chart will now match the Red/Green Semafor on the 30 min chart
The Smaller Dots on the 5min chart will match the Red/Green smaller Dots on the 30 min chart.
This will allow you trade the 5 min Dots in the direction of the larger 30 min Semafor on both Time frames.
Xard777

Hello XARD,

Where can I find the red/green Semafor indicator that you have on your screen?

Thanks