Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:22 pm
Keeping it Simple...

Direction Identified on 30 min - Now we can trade smaller time frames in the same direction.

How hard is that?
Xard777

PS Before anyone asks, yes I have changed the template, make it easier on the eye.
Hi Xard
you changed the settings. Send a new template. The difference is visible in the pictures.
What settings does the CCI have on 5M and 30M? 5M - CCI Peiod 95?

stond
DOW 5min.png
[DJI30]M5.png

Lately, I have been trying to filter the 2nd white Dot using a fibo retracement to 61% but that does not seem to be the case as the 2nd white dot has proven to work albeit with different TFs.
In the enclosed screenshots we can see that the 2nd white dot hold and price goes all the way to the next Semafor.
We just have to filter with TF instead.
Xard777
2nd wht dot.png

francisfinley stimpy wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:08 am
normannasty wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:41 am

I understood what you say. But I never was rude and I never demand. I always ask because I would like to understand this strategy. Respect XARD777 for your hard work and I'm sorry that your thread has this kind of mood.
fair enough and thanks for the apology.

watch that course that was posted - ive watched most of it today, its a good base. He goes through each topic - come back and tell us what you think and how the zig zagging he identifies gives you better understanding of the xard zz system - i.e. mapping out higher highs or lower lows, defining a trend and then the entry on the pullback within that trend

https://www.marketlifetrading.com/course (its free, he doesn't appear to affiliate the hell out of it)
Thank you for examining my recommendation and your confirmation. The course I posted is a rare gem in the scam infested world of forex. Free forex courses are mostly just simple introductory steps to their paid, more complete versions, which most of the time don't even reach the level, and detail of this one. (The author has paid service, but he isn't pushy, and his quite thorough course is totally free; if anyone has similar I gladly examine it if it's posted in my mailbox).
On the other hand, though I agree with you in most of what you say, the style of communication is also important. Please be more patient like Xard, or many of us here and less toxic with newbies, who don't have proper resources, and ask for help, I doubt bashing them makes any good. Help them, or it's better to skip the obviously incompetent posts lol

xard777 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 pm
Lately, I have been trying to filter the 2nd white Dot using a fibo retracement to 61% but that does not seem to be the case as the 2nd white dot has proven to work albeit with different TFs.
In the enclosed screenshots we can see that the 2nd white dot hold and price goes all the way to the next Semafor.
Xard777
could you explain better? you say you don't watch 1, 5, 30 minutes anymore? and watch only once

braciola719 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:46 pm
xard777 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 pm
Xard777
could you explain better? you say you don't watch 1, 5, 30 minutes anymore? and watch only once
From all his posts, I think he watches those time frames. He trades the 30 Min cycle using the 5 Min or 1 Min charts, whichever delivers the goods quicker and clearer. I'm slowly beginning to understand what Xard is trying to achieve here. I can see lots of people asking which trend to go for if the 30 and 5 Min charts show opposite trends. From my understanding of what Xard has said so far, the 30 Min gives the main trend for the trading period. Of course nothing goes up or down in a straight line, so there will be mini cycles observed in the 5 Min and 1 Min charts. It's all up to us to trade only in the direction of the 30 Min trend or also capture the counter trends in the 5 Min or 1 Min charts, if they appear strong enough.

I was also worried initially about the 2nd dot and what happens if I see more dots or no dots between the large green and red semafors. I think those worries of mine were misplaced. All I have to do is to understand and trade the 2nd dot. I feel the 2nd dot helps me to come into the market a little bit late when the trend is already established, considering the fact that semafors repaint. Those 2nd dots in an ideal market condition are close to a holy grail. With more experience and risk appetite, I can see why some people can successfully trade all the major semafors including the 2nd dots. It depends on what is happening on other higher time frames. If a large red semafor is printed on D1, H4, H1, M30 and M15 and indicators show that the market is overbought/oversold in all time frames, then I can just go ahead and trade the 5 Min or 1 Min signal of those major semafors. At the end, every trade is a risk and all I need to do is to move the edge closer in my favour. Also I noticed that these dots vary depending on the time frames, what is a large green semafor on a 5 Min chart may be a white dot on a 30 Min chart. That was when I concluded that the problem is not the dots but my understanding of what they mean and information they are trying to convey. So, I'm getting more education in that aspect also.

Xard will come back with a better answer I believe but this is what I've understood so far.

HI
xard77 thankyou for sharing this wonderfull system
i have one question
gbpjpy in 5 minute red semafor and it means end wave 1 minute yet 2nd withe dot
wich candle inter the market?
change coulor is pink or break the trend line&change coulor?
god bless you man and thank you agin <3
you will see it when you blive it

Here is the problem I'm facing.

Both the M30 and M6 are showing red semafor, but M1 is showing green semafor. The M1 green semafor is also the same position as the white dot of M5.

Now that M1 showed another white dot after the green semafor, do I place a short trade here? As it can be considered the 2nd white dot using the M5 chart as an example?

Or do I need to have to wait for all 3 charts showing the same colour semafor, and count the 2nd white dot on the M1 chart after that?

Please advise.

Thank you
Image 001.png

In a nutshell - we want to trade from 30 min Red Semafor to 30 min Green Semafor to 30 min Red Semafor Ad Infinitum.
However, our Semafors have a tendency to recalc so a way around this is to use the 2nd White Dot to confirm the possibility that the current Semafor will no longer recalc and we can therefore make our trade to the next Green/Red Semafor with impunity. The problem that exists is that the 2nd White Dot can also recalc, it may not even turn up on the 1min chart and sometimes not even on the 5min chart and sometimes not even on the 15 min chart. That's sometimes, in most cases it will appear on one or two TFs below the 30 min and allow us to commit a trade towards the next Semafor on the 30 min TF (Woohoo kerching).

I got temporarily bogged down looking for a retracement of the 2nd White Dot towards the 61% and 78% zone level and missed out of some golden opportunities. It turns out that the 2nd white Dot can appear at as little as the 30% retracement level and hold the line then reverse and continue on the main trend.
The problem here is if we then enter at this level only to see price retrace back to 61% (or even 99%) can be a lot to swallow on the negative side - a position that none of us want to be in. I am finding that the 5min chart is giving us our best 2nd White Dot from which to trade toward our 30 Min Semafor. Hence, the 30 min & 5 min charts on my trading screen.
Hopefully other traders will see this and perhaps we can have a workaround for any inconsistencies along the way.
All the best
Xard777

PS Here is what the latest setup will look like...
Here we have the 30 Min chart showing 5 min White Dots, 15 min Blue Dots and 30 min Semafor Red Dots (Red Dots will cover up both white & blue Dots on the chart).
The 15 Min blue Dots are same as 5 min white Dots but showing on the 15 min TF - so in theory you are looking for the Highest/Lowest white or blue 2nd Dot from which to trade to the next Red Dot

This way you can simply stay on the 30 min chart at all times and get to trade the smaller TF 2nd Dots (be it 5 min or 15 min).

THIS IS HOW I WOULD TRADE THIS SETUP
Latest mix.png
XARD-20200205.zip
(729.67 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

1. Similar Topics

1. Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

50 Replies 1904 Views

by ImpLaNT, Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm in Trading Journals

50 Replies
    2. Ichimoku trading system for simple & profitable transactions

19 Replies 8076 Views

by hoanguyen, Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:52 am in Trading Systems

19 Replies

Return to “Trading Systems”