Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

normannasty wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:41 am

I understood what you say. But I never was rude and I never demand. I always ask because I would like to understand this strategy. Respect XARD777 for your hard work and I'm sorry that your thread has this kind of mood.
fair enough and thanks for the apology.

watch that course that was posted - ive watched most of it today, its a good base. He goes through each topic - come back and tell us what you think and how the zig zagging he identifies gives you better understanding of the xard zz system - i.e. mapping out higher highs or lower lows, defining a trend and then the entry on the pullback within that trend

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:50 am

Hey Caro, recognise you from SHF. Its not a biggy, the semafor is actually from one of Xard's earlier systems so it still qualifies and underneath it is a Zig Zag. There have been various forms up until the present - don't worry there is seldom one better than the other - it will never be a case it doesn't repaint/calculate.

Dotty people - Anyone interested in what xard is currently doing may want to read up on mark douglas and jesse livermore - at least 700 pages so should hold you up from asking if a dot is the dot before the dot but under the dot thats over the other dot and me losing my mind reading these posts.
Hello Francisfinley,
are you referring to "Methods of trading in stock" & "Trading in the zone" books ?
They may help understand the dots process ?
Thank you.

xard777 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:02 am I have been drawing the fibonacci retracement onto the 5min chart to help pinpoint my 2nd white Dot.
I am ideally looking for price to enter in between 61.8% and 78.6% area (granted, it can go higher) in order to validate my 2nd Dot.
Today on the DOW this did not happen so instead, I decided to WAIT and take a BUY trade off the low of the Orange Box during the 1st couple of hrs on the opening bell of the DOW.
Price crossed and we had a nice +150 Pips move (it actually went higher but no one ever went broke taking a profit).
Why the BUY trade you may ask, well, on the 30 min we were coming off a low Semafor BIAS (as well as the 5 min) so we only wanted to trade BUYS in our Orange box today).
This way we keep with the Trend.

I enclose a screenshot for your perusal.
Xard777

PS If price had crossed into our retracement zone then I would have taken a BUY at the 2nd White DOT with 2nd BUY off the low of the Orange Box.
Hello XARD,
Identifiying the BIAS is where most of us fail. I tried the second dot strategy on WS30 today but I was on the wrog side of the market. I got beatten up properly :). But it's all good tho, cause i am learning from mistakes.
Quick question : Let's consider the 30Min showed a Green semafor and a first Withe dot. The 5Min is Showing a Red Semafor for a Downtrend.
Which trend are you considering on the 1Min to choose buying or selling opportunities only?
regrads.

Oswald wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:21 am
Hello XARD,
Identifiying the BIAS is where most of us fail. I tried the second dot strategy on WS30 today but I was on the wrog side of the market. I got beatten up properly :). But it's all good tho, cause i am learning from mistakes.
Quick question : Let's consider the 30Min showed a Green semafor and a first Withe dot. The 5Min is Showing a Red Semafor for a Downtrend.
Which trend are you considering on the 1Min to choose buying or selling opportunities only?
regrads.
Yes, I would like to know this too. Many times the M5 chart and M30 chart had 2 different semafors. Unsure which direction we should follow in the M1.

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:22 pm Keeping it Simple...

Direction Identified on 30 min - Now we can trade smaller time frames in the same direction.

How hard is that?
Xard777

PS Before anyone asks, yes I have changed the template, make it easier on the eye.
Hi Xard
you changed the settings. Send a new template. The difference is visible in the pictures.
What settings does the CCI have on 5M and 30M? 5M - CCI Peiod 95?

stond
Attachments

Lately, I have been trying to filter the 2nd white Dot using a fibo retracement to 61% but that does not seem to be the case as the 2nd white dot has proven to work albeit with different TFs.
In the enclosed screenshots we can see that the 2nd white dot hold and price goes all the way to the next Semafor.
We just have to filter with TF instead.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, Erebøs_X, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:08 am

fair enough and thanks for the apology.

watch that course that was posted - ive watched most of it today, its a good base. He goes through each topic - come back and tell us what you think and how the zig zagging he identifies gives you better understanding of the xard zz system - i.e. mapping out higher highs or lower lows, defining a trend and then the entry on the pullback within that trend
Thank you for examining my recommendation and your confirmation. The course I posted is a rare gem in the scam infested world of forex. Free forex courses are mostly just simple introductory steps to their paid, more complete versions, which most of the time don't even reach the level, and detail of this one. (The author has paid service, but he isn't pushy, and his quite thorough course is totally free; if anyone has similar I gladly examine it if it's posted in my mailbox).
On the other hand, though I agree with you in most of what you say, the style of communication is also important. Please be more patient like Xard, or many of us here and less toxic with newbies, who don't have proper resources, and ask for help, I doubt bashing them makes any good. Help them, or it's better to skip the obviously incompetent posts lol

xard777 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 pm Lately, I have been trying to filter the 2nd white Dot using a fibo retracement to 61% but that does not seem to be the case as the 2nd white dot has proven to work albeit with different TFs.
In the enclosed screenshots we can see that the 2nd white dot hold and price goes all the way to the next Semafor.
We just have to filter with TF instead.
Xard777
could you explain better? you say you don't watch 1, 5, 30 minutes anymore? and watch only once

braciola719 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:46 pm

could you explain better? you say you don't watch 1, 5, 30 minutes anymore? and watch only once
From all his posts, I think he watches those time frames. He trades the 30 Min cycle using the 5 Min or 1 Min charts, whichever delivers the goods quicker and clearer. I'm slowly beginning to understand what Xard is trying to achieve here. I can see lots of people asking which trend to go for if the 30 and 5 Min charts show opposite trends. From my understanding of what Xard has said so far, the 30 Min gives the main trend for the trading period. Of course nothing goes up or down in a straight line, so there will be mini cycles observed in the 5 Min and 1 Min charts. It's all up to us to trade only in the direction of the 30 Min trend or also capture the counter trends in the 5 Min or 1 Min charts, if they appear strong enough.

I was also worried initially about the 2nd dot and what happens if I see more dots or no dots between the large green and red semafors. I think those worries of mine were misplaced. All I have to do is to understand and trade the 2nd dot. I feel the 2nd dot helps me to come into the market a little bit late when the trend is already established, considering the fact that semafors repaint. Those 2nd dots in an ideal market condition are close to a holy grail. With more experience and risk appetite, I can see why some people can successfully trade all the major semafors including the 2nd dots. It depends on what is happening on other higher time frames. If a large red semafor is printed on D1, H4, H1, M30 and M15 and indicators show that the market is overbought/oversold in all time frames, then I can just go ahead and trade the 5 Min or 1 Min signal of those major semafors. At the end, every trade is a risk and all I need to do is to move the edge closer in my favour. Also I noticed that these dots vary depending on the time frames, what is a large green semafor on a 5 Min chart may be a white dot on a 30 Min chart. That was when I concluded that the problem is not the dots but my understanding of what they mean and information they are trying to convey. So, I'm getting more education in that aspect also.

Xard will come back with a better answer I believe but this is what I've understood so far.
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post (total 3):
Skyold, charli, StuartWong