Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:34 am

note your timeframe too.

I notice people are on 1,5,15,30,60 on this thread when most of the indicators are only confirming at 240 (that comes with its own bundle of problems with mt4) then the reads of those breakout dash'ss''ss's are from D1 - and remember what i said a few posts back about how they are constructed bid/ask ratio etc.
I agree with you that there is nothing so special about the bid/ask ratio etc. I guess it's the effect of using a new system for the first time and also curiosity to understand every feature on display.

Thanks for highlighting the timeframe difference. Does this mean that H4 is the ideal base timeframe for analysis when using this system? So, a trend on any lower timeframe is only correct when it agrees with H4? For example if I open a chart on M5, does it mean that most indicators are only "correct" or final for the last closed H4 bar?

I always notice when using other MTF indicators that when a H4 MTF indicator is opened on a H1 chart, that the last 4 bars of the indicator will keep recalculating until the current H4 candle is closed. Is this the case here? Let me know if my thought process is correct and please feel free to point me in the right direction. I'm always happy to put in the hardwork. Thank you again for taking out time to engage with me. I appreciate your help.

traderokey wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 pm

I've found a temporary solution. Create two templates; one for indices and another for currencies. Use "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" (from older editions) for currencies and then use "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" (from the Xmas edition) for indices and commodities.

Update:
The difference is that "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" refreshes automatically every 5 minutes while "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" will take a little longer for MT4 to refresh it especially after a sharp move in lower TFs. You can also manually refresh it. I only noticed this because I'm studying each indicator to see what they are doing before I go live. You can drop each indicator on M1 chart in a fast moving currency pair to see how the signals are changing.

"!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" and "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" look similar. The alternative is to have them both in the same template for currencies, so you both get the labels displayed and also have the charts automatically refreshed.
With further testing today, I noticed that "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" only displays labels for GBPJPY but not for other pairs. I also noticed that "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-OCTAVEMATH" and "!!!-MT4 X-XARDMATH v2" lines do not match with each other as they did yesterday.

traderokey wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm

I agree with you that there is nothing so special about the bid/ask ratio etc. I guess it's the effect of using a new system for the first time and also curiosity to understand every feature on display.

Thanks for highlighting the timeframe difference. Does this mean that H4 is the ideal base timeframe for analysis when using this system? So, a trend on any lower timeframe is only correct when it agrees with H4? For example if I open a chart on M5, does it mean that most indicators are only "correct" or final for the last closed H4 bar?

I always notice when using other MTF indicators that when a H4 MTF indicator is opened on a H1 chart, that the last 4 bars of the indicator will keep recalculating until the current H4 candle is closed. Is this the case here? Let me know if my thought process is correct and please feel free to point me in the right direction. I'm always happy to put in the hardwork. Thank you again for taking out time to engage with me. I appreciate your help.
Update:
I continued studying the indicators and I believe I've figured out what you mean. Thanks a lot. The key is the "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-MAv7" indicator. This system was like a blackbox to me but now I seem to understand the MA crossovers and how the 3 different timeframes need to align to ensure high probability trades.

The T1MAper, T2MAper and S1MAper settings can be adjusted to fit all 3 trend lines to the required trading style. Example if I want to trade on M30 chart, I can adjust the other two trend lines to point to M5 and H4 respectively. Hope I'm correct. Thanks.

traderokey wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm

i cant comment on 'ideal' - youll settle on your own preference.
You are absolutely on the right lines of the issue of bars and time ticking over which causes everything to recalulate/repaint next bar. This is what i have been banging on about, about mt4 since day dot.
It is a massive issue with mt4.

with reference to MTF, yes because its taking 4 1hr bars = 4 hours at a time.
These users thanked the author francisfinley stimpy for the post:
traderokey

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 am
i cant comment on 'ideal' - youll settle on your own preference.
You are absolutely on the right lines of the issue of bars and time ticking over which causes everything to recalulate/repaint next bar. This is what i have been banging on about, about mt4 since day dot.
It is a massive issue with mt4.

with reference to MTF, yes because its taking 4 1hr bars = 4 hours at a time.
Many thanks for this explanation. I'm already testing different templates with different combinations for the 3 MA timeframes. I'm varying how far apart the timeframes are from each other to see what works best.
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post (total 2):
francisfinley stimpy, bosamfo

bosamfo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm

"Senseless" is too harsh a word Sir... Read about 60% through this section and continue to read through. Just wanted to know if there was a newer version. Anyways sorry for asking.
Well then well done.. If you continue reading you will find it and thereafter you certainly will be supported by the entire community. Good luck in your trading and this indicator is certainly well worth the read.
These users thanked the author AndreAysen for the post:
DRAXILL

traderokey wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:33 pm

Update:
I continued studying the indicators and I believe I've figured out what you mean. Thanks a lot. The key is the "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-MAv7" indicator. This system was like a blackbox to me but now I seem to understand the MA crossovers and how the 3 different timeframes need to align to ensure high probability trades.

The T1MAper, T2MAper and S1MAper settings can be adjusted to fit all 3 trend lines to the required trading style. Example if I want to trade on M30 chart, I can adjust the other two trend lines to point to M5 and H4 respectively. Hope I'm correct. Thanks.
Thank you Xard for everything....May Blessings be on you always. I am using the 4hr tpl on 1 min candles as the 5 min.tpl doesnt show the trend line of 1 hr as we see in the pic. My problem is that the labels of MMath are not showing on 5 min tf or 1 min tf. Pl suggest how to fix it. thanks