QuestionRe: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi, I hope this is right/correct section to post this. I am having issues with alerts on 1 indicator and 1 template for the indicator. The alerts are coded into the indicator/template and I am pretty sure I have them all turned on correctly but I am not getting any alerts at all. Maybe Mrtools or someone else can take a look at them and see what is wrong? If nothing is wrong, I am not sure what settings on my end could affect this. Just hoping this can be resolved. I have attached pictures of the indicator/template and squared alerts that I never got at all as well as the files needed . Thank you for anyone who can help me! : )

This is where I originally downloaded the files - viewtopic.php?p=1295394655#p1295394655
These users thanked the author Capital Reserve for the post:
SijjiN

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Capital Reserve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:56 am Hi, I hope this is right/correct section to post this. I am having issues with alerts on 1 indicator and 1 template for the indicator. The alerts are coded into the indicator/template and I am pretty sure I have them all turned on correctly but I am not getting any alerts at all. Maybe Mrtools or someone else can take a look at them and see what is wrong? If nothing is wrong, I am not sure what settings on my end could affect this. Just hoping this can be resolved. I have attached pictures of the indicator/template and squared alerts that I never got at all as well as the files needed . Thank you for anyone who can help me! : )

This is where I originally downloaded the files - viewtopic.php?p=1295394655#p1295394655

On line 35, 36,and 37 try changing

Code: Select all

bool   alertsMessage   = false;
bool   alertsSound     = false;
bool   alertsEmail     = false;
to

extern bool   alertsMessage   = true;
extern bool   alertsSound     = true;
extern bool   alertsEmail     = true;

Also the alerts are for price breaking out of upper/lower bands the arrows are a little different, has some price action verification.

mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 am

On line 35, 36,and 37 try changing

bool   alertsMessage   = false;
bool   alertsSound     = false;
bool   alertsEmail     = false;
to

extern bool   alertsMessage   = true;
extern bool   alertsSound     = true;
extern bool   alertsEmail     = true;

Also the alerts are for price breaking out of upper/lower bands the arrows are a little different, has some price action verification.
I tried that. Nothing is happening. I changed the original indicator. I cannot say I really know how to alter or fix code that well. Do I have to do the same thing with the template? Also, I understand price and the actual arrows may be different but I am not getting any notifications at all for anything from this indicator. Thank you.

Capital Reserve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:46 am

I tried that. Nothing is happening. I changed the original indicator. I cannot say I really know how to alter or fix code that well. Do I have to do the same thing with the template? Also, I understand price and the actual arrows may be different but I am not getting any notifications at all for anything from this indicator. Thank you.
Actually, I think I have the alerts working. I tested it on 2 currency pairs on the 1 minute time frame and I am getting alerts. BUT the template is a different story. Do I need to create a whole new template similar to the one I added the attachment to and what is in the image I posted based off the now working indicator or is there a way to fix the template as is somehow? Thank you!

Capital Reserve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:46 am

Try this one, haven't tested so not sure if it's better, also not sure why they are named no repaint but they still recalculate/repaint.

Capital Reserve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:15 am

Actually, I think I have the alerts working. I tested it on 2 currency pairs on the 1 minute time frame and I am getting alerts. BUT the template is a different story. Do I need to create a whole new template similar to the one I added the attachment to and what is in the image I posted based off the now working indicator or is there a way to fix the template as is somehow? Thank you!
If you kept the name the same you can try to replace the old one with the fixed version and either rename the template to the same or different name and probably far as I know need to reinstall each chart with the new fixed template.

lucmat wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:22 pm hi mrtools and everyone,
is it possible to delete "rsi" from the indicator attached?
and is it possible to improve it (maybe dynamic zone) and maybe add alert when line reenter in zone or in band?
Thanks in advance

Lucmat

JS-StohlBBoRSI.mq4
Please try it out, not able to verify.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
lucmat

Capital Reserve wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:45 am

I suppose it's not worth the trouble since they repaint, right? Are there indicators like this that DO NOT repaint that you know of? Thank you!

here is a link to the topic
viewtopic.php?f=579496&t=8422580

also thanks to Jimmy, who is working on a daily download, you can look for decent indicators in his stream !!!
viewtopic.php?f=578480&t=8472845
These users thanked the author Antonio for the post:
Jimmy
Volente Deo