NO EXTERNAL LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

hi coders, can you make an arrow indicator near candle (main chart) of the crossover/point of touch between %K and %D of stochastic 3,3,5 - closed/closed - simple/linear weighted.

i place the white vertical lines for reference.

also, can you make an alert sound (not message) along with the arrows. its ok if it recalculates/rapaint/reposition, as long as the touch happens
qwe.jpg
Stochastic.ex4
(11.07 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Stochastic.mq4
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

You can change the Wingdings font symbol
Fibonacci numbers = 5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144
8x Stochastic mtf.mq4
(19.6 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
metatrader-symbols2.gif
CADJPYM15_20200114a.png
To Reduce CPU and RAM usage -- MT4 > Tools > Options > Chart --->> Decrease "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" (My setting is 5000)

Modified a little bit so we can use any Wingdings font symbol.
The indicator displays signals to buy/sell.

Parameters:

KPeriod=5;
DPeriod=3;
Slowing=3;
MA_Method=0; // SMA 0, EMA 1, SMMA 2, LWMA 3
note_Price="PriceField: Low/High = 0, Close/Close = 1";
PriceField=0; // Low/High 0, Close/Close 1
OverBoughtLevel =80;
OverSoldLevel =20;
show_KD_cross=true;
show_K_OBOScross=false;
show_D_OBOScross=false;
_MA_Method="SMA0 EMA1 SMMA2 LWMA3";
cStochastic_Cross_Alert_SigOverlayM_cw.mq4
(12.03 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
metatrader-symbols2.gif
USDJPYM5_20200115a.png
To Reduce CPU and RAM usage -- MT4 > Tools > Options > Chart --->> Decrease "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" (My setting is 5000)

Re:

mrtools wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:27 pm
Using Mladen's Dss Bressert function, made the version with dots.
Modified it so we can use any Wingdings font symbol.
DSS Bressert dots.mq4
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
metatrader-symbols2.gif

Re: Stochastic indicator(s)

jerrysb wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 am
mntiwana wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:24 pm
Hi jerrysb
Can you illustrate with pictures what you explained in above lines,may be it help traders to better understand and exercise,after all we gathered here to share and contribute our part of knowledge - same thing doing our kind experts too :)
Hi,
Well it's more of an art that a science. In fact that's why I am looking for indicators to make it rule-based.
What I do is basically a mean-reversion scalping strategy on the 15 min timeframe.
- I use the recursive stochastics for a "cyclical" view - i.e. what was supposed to happen if price were cyclical. I assume there is a 20 bar cycle - William Bressert said so! :)
- I use the DSS r-squared for the actual momentum view - what actually is happening with orderflow.
When they agree - price has a chance to bounce from the S/R or supply and demand zone.
When they disagree - a new S/R or supply demand zone has a chance to form that will be a point of entry later when tested.
To identify S/R or S/D zones I look in the past - if cyclical stochastics said down but price went up then there are strong bids there so I can scalp the bounce or if price should break through - bids will flip to offers and support will become resistance.
I don't care much how I draw my S/R lines or S/D zones - don't think there is a "correct" way of doing so. I just use the closest round numbers to trade off.
Here is a pic from the recent euro price action.
Here's the template to trade his way.
DSS (r-squared) adaptive 1.1.ex4
(43.04 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Recursive smoothed stochastic mtf.mq4
(22.21 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
M15 Smoothed Stochastic DSS (r-square) adaptive.tpl
(99.06 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Good day,

All the divergence indi on the internet are crap when it comes to M1. div of rsi, stoch, cci, macd, trix, osma, tsi, rsx, ewo, ao, and so forth.. with smoothing or adaptive of all sorts

Please make divergence on the %K line of this indicator. (K period 3, slowing 3)
thanks.
Stochastic.mq4
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Amunra5 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 am
Good day,

All the divergence indi on the internet are crap when it comes to M1. div of rsi, stoch, cci, macd, trix, osma, tsi, rsx, ewo, ao, and so forth.. with smoothing or adaptive of all sorts

Please make divergence on the %K line of this indicator. (K period 3, slowing 3)
thanks.
I think this was posted before but really is one of the best divergence indies around and is Stoch as well. Also take a look at Wildhog it's pretty good too.
DiverStoch.mq4
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
wildhog-nrp-divergence-alerts.mq4
(29.4 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
ds1.png

Amunra5 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 am
Good day,

thanks.
If they are all garbage why would you want to add it to stochastic, sorry not understanding?