NO EXTERNAL LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

arsd wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:17 am
Oscillator of ocn nmc FL nrp arrow alert (new)

Mr Mladen / Mr Tools / Mr Mntiwana - I have a request. In this indicator

1) An up arrow appears when the oscillator crosses 30 from bottom
2) A down arrow appears when the oscillator crosses 70 from top

I also need...

1) An up arrow when the oscillator crosses 70 from bottom
2) A down arrow when the oscillator crosses 30 from top

Kindly modify

Regards

ARSD
Updated the osc ocn nma with more user friendly options, more price options, optimized the code, choice of bands,and added the arrows with alerts.
Oscillator of ocn nma fl (arrows + alerts).ex4
(65.31 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
GBPUSDM5.png

mrtools wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Updated the osc ocn nma with more user friendly options, more price options, optimized the code, choice of bands,and added the arrows with alerts.
Thank you for our updated indicator Mrtools :)
Looking for a Forex broker that puts you first? FBS are offering $100 to get you started! Find out more, here.

Flavio Esteves wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:49 am
Hi All! I'm new here, glad to join! Does anyone have experience with average true range (ATR) indicators? If yes, are they any useful? Some traders swear by it, but I'm skeptic about indicators in general.
Welcome brother. Kindly wait for experts' response.

Flavio Esteves wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:49 am
Hi All! I'm new here, glad to join! Does anyone have experience with average true range (ATR) indicators? If yes, are they any useful? Some traders swear by it, but I'm skeptic about indicators in general.
Welcome to the group. The ATR shows the average pips within a certain amount of days (default is 14). I use it to set my TPs when my system gives me a signal. One strategy some trades have employed is to set their TP at ATR and SL at 1.5 ATR. If your algo is tight, you should win more than you lose. However, under that strategy, 2 losses would wipe out 3 winners.

Also, you have to determine what trader you are. I believe traders fall into 2 categories: Trader 1 - many wins with small losses/short targets. Trader 2 - many small losses/huge wins which erase all losses. Trader 1 - increases their account, percentage wise, every trade. Trader 2 - increase their account dramatically because they are going for long runs. Trader 2 - are the guys that have 3:1 targets.

Back to the subject, the ATR is a great starting point to get a feel of how many pips and/or volatile a currency pair can be. Hope this helps.

Good day!

Can someone be kind enough and make an indicator for me as follows:

Looking for an indicator that can display yearly highs and lows, not pivots, on the monthly chart, preferably up to 10-15 years back.

I am no programmer but from little I gather, it should not be too complicated.

Appreciate it!

Best Regards,
HM.

1. Similar Topics

1. Requests & Ideas (MT5)

175 Replies 31025 Views

by mntiwana, Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:28 am in MT5 Indicators

175 Replies
    2. Trade ideas on June 19

1 Replies 836 Views

by ChuChu Rocket, Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:30 pm in Forex Fundamentals & News

1 Replies