Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:24 am Tweaking Setup

Xard777
Hi Xard,
really interesting to see your different approaches to trading. I like your systems since over a decade. Can you change the latest adx histo indicator, so that values and the height on chart are changeable. Most here use 15 '' not 23 inch monitors like you. Also alerts, when all criterias are met, would be good.
Other posters should learn about the names of the indicators as tma or zig-zag "zz" are always repainting (no big issue on such higher values). Users may prefer non repainting atr-bands instead of tma, see my previous posts.

friend4you wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 am

Hi Xard,
really interesting to see your different approaches to trading. I like your systems since over a decade. Can you change the latest adx histo indicator, so that values and the height on chart are changeable. Most here use 15 '' not 23 inch monitors like you. Also alerts, when all criterias are met, would be good.
Other posters should learn about the names of the indicators as tma or zig-zag "zz" are always repainting (no big issue on such higher values). Users may prefer non repainting atr-bands instead of tma, see my previous posts.

I do not understand why people keep complaining about screen size. If you use 15", 23" or 65" screens in this day and age your minimum spec should be +FHD with +UHD on the larger sizes. As to indys that are in my setup being repainting, recalculating or whatever, I take my trades on crosses/breakouts where these indys no longer recalc and they give me a road map that allows me to proceed with a favourable outcome.
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 6):
AndreAysen, Phantom5000, lsreis, braciola719, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

128 Pip$ booked from open on HK50... no need to be greedy.

As you can see price then went down and filled the gap then crossed back up on our 1 min chart to make a new high.
Trading finished for today after just 30 mins :-)
+247 Pip$ in total Booked. 1st trade was the gap open, 2nd trade was after the gap was filled and price crosses back up.
Both trades were with the UP Trend (Above the Green Trend ribbon).
Note, No recalculating indys were harmed in any way during the course of this morning's trades.

I like the new Trend ribbon, makes it easy for directional trading.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 7):
jcorp01, braciola719, Oswald, SWicak, hannele, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:20 pm 128 Pip$ booked from open on HK50... no need to be greedy.

As you can see price then went down and filled the gap then crossed back up on our 1 min chart to make a new high.
+247 Pip$ in total Booked. 1st trade was the gap open, 2nd trade was after the gap was filled and price crosses back up.
Note, No recalculating indys were harmed in any way during the course of this morning's trades.

Xard777

Nice... looks simple!

Are you taking into consideration any higher timeframes for direction, or just the 5 min / 1 min and whatever the Trend Ribbon is showing at the time?

XARD: Yes, I will look at 15min & 1hr too.

xard777 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:20 pm 128 Pip$ booked from open on HK50... no need to be greedy.

Xard777
Where can I find the ribbon with you current setup? Thanks

XARD: It is still on test, requires more tweaking and the candles and background need to be in sync.

Xard777
Hi xard, Why did you carry on your 1st trade on market open? I thought we werent supposed to carry on trade before the open.

XARD: You're right, My Bad!.. as a rule I do not do carry trades - It was the 2nd impulse leg of the zigzag on 5 Min and I was testing the ribbon out. The new setup has been screaming trade me trade me. The visuals are in your face and there are loads of trades to be had on 5 mins and it is not just the first hour of trading, it is like all throughout the trading day. I am like a kid in a sweet shop.
These users thanked the author markstep for the post (total 3):
Skyold, Mundu19, hannele

Xard777
I'd like to have it all :mistake: :hug:

Xard777
Hi XARD & Friends,
I am a newbie here, and I am trying to use your trading system.
Could you share how you use the BidRatio on your decision process? Which value you like to have when you're considering a buy or sell position ?
Also, regarding the semafor on the zig zag indi, how to you interpret them as there are differents (one with big red circle & one simple white circle) ?
Thank you.

markstep wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi xard, Why did you carry on your 1st trade on market open? I thought we werent supposed to carry on trade before the open.

XARD: The visuals are in your face and there are loads of trades to be had on 5 mins and it is not just the first hour of trading, it is like all throughout the trading day. I am like a kid in a sweet shop.

Yes, sometimes I'm trading outside of the 1st hour and miss some HUGE moves... taking some pieces on a smaller timeframe is what I like about your setup.
These users thanked the author jcorp01 for the post:
StuartWong