Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Re XMAS setup

Hi Everyone,

I hope most of you get the Xmas setup to work.
Ideally you should be using at least Full FHD screen (display 1920 by 1080) with the font resolution set to 100%
Windows defaults these type of screens font resolution to 150% which puts the screen graphics on mt4 out of sync.

If you are having problems with your broker then I suggest using Gomarkets.com in Australia.
D/L their MT4 demo account and try the Xmas setup on it.

The alerts are not used as I refresh the screen every 5 mins so that the OctaveMath and the ADR indys redraw correctly on screen - a by product of my poor coding :-(
Apart from that the setup should work a treat.
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post:
Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 pm Re XMAS setup

Hi Everyone,

Ideally you should be using at least Full FHD screen (display 1920 by 1080) with the font resolution set to 100%
Windows defaults these type of screens font resolution to 150% which puts the screen graphics on mt4 out of sync.

If you are having problems with your broker then I suggest using Gomarkets.com in Australia.

The alerts are not used as I refresh the screen every 5 mins so that the OctaveMath and the ADR indys redraw correctly on screen - a by product of my poor coding :-(
All the best
Xard777
Could you share some more info about the setup you just mentioned? any rules for analysis and entry? any suggestions on avoiding bad or premature entries?

best,
fireflyk

DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

aaven wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:01 am

Draxill,

Would it be any trouble to throw some light on how you plan to trade the Xard System?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

From what I can see there are all kinds of goodies in this Xmas setup. I don't start trading again until mid-January but yeah I see some good stuff going on through the charts.
Attachments
These users thanked the author DRAXILL for the post (total 4):
fireflyk, aaven, Sincere007, StuartWong

xard777 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 pm Re XMAS setup

Hi Everyone,

All the best
Xard777

Sir,
Please Upload the Updated file if Updated on your End, showing Various Options for Changing Trend Line.
Please have a look :
viewtopic.php?p=1295399986&sid=b74f93c5 ... 1295399986
Attachments

I guess we should start with the backbone of the setup. When building a trend-following setup. You're only as good as your main trendline.

I usually compare the trendlines of other Xard setups and I do it on the Daily. If it doesn't look good on the Daily then it usually won't look good on the lower time frames.
Unless it was built specifically for the lower tf's. But I usually notice that if it looks great on the Daily and Weekly then it will probably look good on the lowers as well.
Attachments
These users thanked the author DRAXILL for the post (total 5):
Yashvi Suvarna, aaven, fireflyk, stond, Sincere007

DRAXILL wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:58 am Then you can check the Big Trends within the Higher Signal LIne.
If a setup is well balanced then you should easily be able to determine the bigger trend within the higher signals.
This is what is meant by trading towards the bigger trend.
Hi DRAXILL,

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

So am I getting this right... You look at the Daily timeframe at the BIGGER trend line to see if it's BLUE (UP trend) or RED (DOWN trend), then you move to lower timeframe and wait for the signals to line up in accordance with the Daily trend? Is that right?

jcorp01 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:14 am

Hi DRAXILL,

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

So am I getting this right... You look at the Daily timeframe at the BIGGER trend line to see if it's BLUE (UP trend) or RED (DOWN trend), then you move to lower timeframe and wait for the signals to line up in accordance with the Daily trend? Is that right?
Not necessarily. This is just basic trend trading. There’s a lot more to this setup besides trading with the trend.
I can tell the Murray Math has had a lot of work done and that’s a whole different type of trading onto its self.

I’m not the best math trader so I won’t even try to go into detail but I just know for me it can be useful to determine OB/OS areas or zones.

You can use the Semafor which are the circles at the higher highs and lower lows . You can use them along with the OB/OS zones of the math then take the trend change in the opposite direction.

Xards really good at that.

I’m sure he has improved his technique since I studied under him so you might want to ask him or one of these othe Murray Math traders.
These users thanked the author DRAXILL for the post (total 2):
aaven, fireflyk

Yashvi Suvarna wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:58 am

Please Could you share your edited Template, looks clean and easy to understand.
Thanks
I didn’t clean it up. I just took off everything on top.

When ever you try a new setup it’s best to strip it all down.
Strip it to its bare naked self and try to figure out what’s going on underneath.

Look at how it all started.

Get that down then add the next thing. And figure out how that works with what you had before .
Then the next.
That’s trading in a way right?
You win then you add to your lots if you can’t win then you don’t add. You go down till you figure out how to win .
Once you start winning then you add
These users thanked the author DRAXILL for the post (total 4):
Yashvi Suvarna, aaven, fireflyk, stond