NO EXTERNAL LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

thiru wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:34 am
mladen wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:35 am

Replace the code of OnCalculate() with this :

Code: Select all

int limit = rates_total-prev_calculated; if (limit>=rates_total-1) limit = rates_total-1;
      for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) Temporary[i]=tick_volume[i]*(close[i]-open[i]);
      for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) LinearMomentumBuffer[i]=iMAOnArray(Temporary,0,SmoothingPeriod,0,SmoothingMethod,i);
   return(rates_total);
The code used in that indicator is unnecessarily complicated

Capture.PNG
Thanks mladen :)

with that simplification, we lost the vertical scale. could you please fix that? also input configurable level alert would be very nice
//
//
Linear-Momentum-1.1.mq4

2019-12-22 05_31_17-Settings.png

looks like its in the Trend direction & force index category of indicator.
Delete line that is saying IndicatorDigits(1) or change it to some bigger number (IndicatorDigits(_Digits+1) would be OK based on the way it is calculated)

PS: that vertical scale is more or less a thing you should ignore. To see what I mean change time frames and see what happens to the "scale" - that is going to be very similar to macd, and as we all know, "levels" and macd are not something that is recommended to be used in any form
PPS: that 0 there is only n the display. If you use icustom, the values are going to be different from that

thiru wrote:
mladen wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:35 am

Replace the code of OnCalculate() with this :

Code: Select all

int limit = rates_total-prev_calculated; if (limit>=rates_total-1) limit = rates_total-1;
      for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) Temporary[i]=tick_volume[i]*(close[i]-open[i]);
      for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) LinearMomentumBuffer[i]=iMAOnArray(Temporary,0,SmoothingPeriod,0,SmoothingMethod,i);
   return(rates_total);
The code used in that indicator is unnecessarily complicated

Capture.PNG

with that simplification, we lost the vertical scale. could you please fix that? also input configurable level alert would be very nice
//
//
Linear-Momentum-1.1.mq4

Added zero cross alerts and custom ma's, also THANKS Mladen for the simplication. :thumbup:
Linear-Momentum.mq4
(8.21 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
EURUSDH1.png

mrtools wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:46 am
thiru wrote:

//
//
Linear-Momentum-1.1.mq4

Added zero cross alerts and custom ma's, also THANKS Mladen for the simplication. :thumbup:
Dear Mrtools,

I cant find the bands in your mql4 file .Where are they hiding :) ?

mosiskv wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:50 pm
W35 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:37 pm

I'm looking for a version of this for MT5. Any chance you know of 1?
Hi

Try this. Toggle Borders MT5 remove borders.

MosToggle borders.ex5
'Toggle borders' stopped working when MT5 updated in early December 2019.
It says, 'made as indicator by mladen'.
Can you see if can be fixed please please please?

If this is the wrong place to ask for this, please tell me.
"Unfortunately, the more complex the system, the greater the room for error." - George Soros

mrtools wrote:
thiru wrote:

//
//
Linear-Momentum-1.1.mq4

Thank you mrtools :)

it is awesome now.

mrtools wrote:
dear mrtools,

It looks like something is missing. you mentioned that you have added custom ma's but only the standard 4 ma's are in the indicator.

also, could you let us know how you got the bands?

cheers

thiru wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:28 pm
mrtools wrote:
dear mrtools,

It looks like something is missing. you mentioned that you have added custom ma's but only the standard 4 ma's are in the indicator.

also, could you let us know how you got the bands?

cheers
Instead of using the built in moving averages I used Mladen's 4 custom moving average function, and for the band just dragged bollinger bands indicator and put it on previous indicator data.

1. Similar Topics

1. Interesting Market Setups

21 Replies 5847 Views

by Krelian99, Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:46 am in Forex Fundamentals & News

21 Replies
    2. Post image online

5 Replies 1368 Views

by mbastem, Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 am in Trading Platform Discussion

5 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”