Re: Homodyne Discriminator

nathanvbasko wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am

Period of Dominant Cycle
─ Based on Homodyne Discriminator by John F. Ehlers
─ Using JMA filter/smoothness
─ Using HA-APB price close
─ Doesn't need to load all the bars (as an option), and it doesn't recalculate all the bars on every tick

Homodyne means we are multiplying the signal by itself. To be more precise, we want to multiply the signal of the current bar with the complex conjugate of the signal 1 bar ago.  

NOTE: This indicator does not generate BUY / SELL signals. It is used to find the cycle period that can be used as inputs to other indicators. For example, if the current value of the indicator is 32, then it means that the current cycle period of the price is 32 bars, and this value can be used to calculated period based indicators like RSI, ADX, CCI, ATR, etc. Since this indicator value changes, we calculate our indicators like RSI dynamically (32-bar), etc instead of a fixed RSI period. 

This screenshot below shows some indicators that use the value of the dominant cycle period. This is just an example of a trading system or a tool that uses the Dominant Cycle Period. ─an upcoming version of the v2v dynamic trading system, but without the cycle period line showing up on the chart sub-window. 

DCP_1.png

Period_Of_Dominant_Cycle.ex4 
Hello Nathan
Does it mean that when PDC indi gives a reading,says 32, then other indi will likely be producing optimal results if their respective period settings are also set to 32?

Re: Homodyne Discriminator

Cazz223 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:48 am

Hello Nathan
Does it mean that when PDC indi gives a reading,says 32, then other indi will likely be producing optimal results if their respective period settings are also set to 32?
Yes, that's the technical assumption... but it cannot be applied to all technical tools or indicators. It just like... "If the shoe fit" kind of thing. And this is just one of the things that may increase the probability of your technical trading setup.

You may need to test/practice with this type of system that I shared here >>> viewtopic.php?p=1295398584#p1295398584

These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Cazz223
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

Cazz223 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Adaptive Jurik Filter

Dear MrTools,
Is it possible to make this filter into a sub-window indicator with Double Zones?
I tempered with template to "transplant" the filter in SW, but somehow the bands are a bit too close.
download/file.php?id=3335443
Thank you
Made a separate window double dynamic zone version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
Cazz223, Jimmy, rudiarius, kvak, pipsquirrel, camisa, macbeth, fantom_spb, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

LikeRe: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

Cazz223 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:43 pm

WOW! So fast! MrTools, you are like a almighty wizard.
This indi will be a powerful long range canon in the arsenal.
Many Thanks

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Look!
a DDZ Adaptive Jurik Filter in SW.
Ooow! That's a beauty right there bro. The colors remind me of Italy. Have you tried it out yet Caz? :D
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Cazz223, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance