Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

optionhk wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:43 am

Thank you for replying. I hope you will find time soon.
Dear mrtools,

I have located two indicators which hopefully will make the coding not so much time-consuming.

Third indicator provides shade graphics for the MA. The idea is to print short line when prices bounces off Moving Average by xxxx points upwards and separately downwards. It is not an envelope.

Fourth indicator just sends popup alert .AlertPips=10; // distance from close to MA in pips.
ONly have exe file. No mql.

AlertBarsSkip=3; // number of bars to skip before next alert.
MAperiods=10; // MAperiods - the number of periods to be used by the MA calculation.
MAmethod="E"; // MAmethod - the method to be used by the MA calculation ('S', 'W', 'E', 'M').
MAapply="C"; // MAapply - the price type to be used by the MA calculation ('M', 'T', 'O', 'C', 'H', 'L').
MAshift=0; // MAshift - the number of periods for the MA shift calculation.
CloseBar=false // true means sending the alert only after the bar has closed and is still greater than the target distance from the MA.
MailAlert=false// set to true to receive emails. This option only works if the platform is properly configured for em

optionhk wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:10 am REQUEST

I think I posted it in wrong thread. And without indicators.
viewtopic.php?p=1295398281#p1295398281

I am reposting it here in the right forum.

Dear mrtools,

You have coded MA histo indicator more than 10 years ago and have updated recently with mobile alerts. I find it useful till this day.

However, recently, because of my age not helping me to watch screen, I have adopted a new "set and forget" strategy which is working well.

I sell EU from 60 pips distance based on H4 MA of 48 and keep doing it a few times in one account. In another account I buy when EU falls 45 pips from H4 MA and for a few times. For this strategy I use smaller lots so that in case averaging of adverse positions is required it does not easily invite margin calls. Ultimately anyone can make money 50% per annum in each of the accounts. Discipline and patience is needed for this kind of effortless trading . I have tried this strategy on EU only because of its strong tendency to mean revert. Whether it will work for other symbols or not, I am not sure.

Can you kindly code this as per the picture. Requires an MA graphic , fixed MA price box, short dash lines to be drawn from inputs of pips/points based on MA price for Up and Down directions (both need to be different)

Thank you.
MA buy and sell lines.jpg
try!!

pacois wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 am
try!!
Dear Pacois,

Thank you so much for the indicator.

You done an excellent job . The idea is to print Moving Average Price at the closing of every 4TF. while the MA price keeps moving dynamically. The Pips threshold horizontal lines are not required.

The H4 moving average price has to be captured in a price box after each of TF H4 candle closes. All these small price boxes will act as reference points and print short lines on the chart .

Example I select H4 and MA 48, when Moving Average crosses Price, it should print the H4 Moving Average Price at its closing candle and this price box and short line remains fixed captured in a small price box. A small price box and smaller font is required.

The attachment shows high low price range of selected Time hours. I have selected 8 hours time. Instead of using high and low prices as reference points I want to use MA of TF crossing Price during the time as reference points for each H4 or H8 or H12 or H16 time..

Thank you again.

optionhk wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:48 pm
Dear Pacois,

You done an excellent job . The idea is to print Moving Average Price at the closing of every 4TF. while the MA price keeps moving dynamically. The Pips threshold horizontal lines are not required.

The H4 moving average price has to be captured in a price box after each of TF H4 candle closes. All these small price boxes will act as reference points and print short lines on the chart .

Example I select H4 and MA 48, when Moving Average crosses Price, it should print the H4 Moving Average Price at its closing candle and this price box and short line remains fixed captured in a small price box. A small price box and smaller font is required.

The attachment shows high low price range of selected Time hours. I have selected 8 hours time. Instead of using high and low prices as reference points I want to use MA of TF crossing Price during the time as reference points for each H4 or H8 or H12 or H16 time..

MA distance in pips suggesting.jpg

Hi, I think that to fully satisfy your articulated requests, you have to think about the idea of a coding request from a mother programmer.

Thank you again.
Hi, I think that to fully satisfy your articulated requests, you have to think about the idea of a coding request from a native English programmer.

optionhk wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:48 pm
Dear Pacois,

MA distance in pips suggesting.jpg

Thank you again.
Attached indicator MA touch does the same job but just issues an pop-up alert as well as other alerts.
I want it to print one MA touch point at the closing of the TF bar.