Super Smoothed Average with Floating Levels

This is the latest version of the Super Smoothed Average by Mladen that was posted by member Mades.

From observation, it is essentially the same indicator as the Super Smoothed Average Trend for MT4, but with some nice additional options such as:

• Displaying "neutral" zones
  • Floating Levels

Thanks to Mladen for creating this remarkable tool :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
kam44, heispark, vvFish, pipmagnet, foreksman, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mades wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:26 pm Hello Jimmy,

no not really, floating levels is slightly something different than channel created by the average. Anyway I'm posting even newer version than yours I found among my collection.
No problem. Good to see some contribution of updated files to the forum.
Post moved to the correct section and updated my suggestion with the 1.5 file.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
mades
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Jimmy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 pm
No problem. Good to see some contribution of updated files to the forum.
Post moved to the correct section and updated my suggestion with the 1.5 file.
Good. Honestly this is the most accurate smoothing of a moving average. I wish Mladen would continue updating it (add more averages) or pass it to MrTools for tweaking if necessary, its been around since 2016.
These users thanked the author mades for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Cazz223

Re: Super Smoothed Average with Floating Levels

:!:
Jimmy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:05 pm This is the latest version of the Super Smoothed Average by Mladen that was posted by member Mades.

From observation, it is essentially the same indicator as the Super Smoothed Average Trend for MT4, but with some nice additional options such as:

• Displaying "neutral" zones
  • Floating Levels

Thanks to Mladen for creating this remarkable tool :)
Attachments
These users thanked the author vvFish for the post:
Jimmy
"Only the price on the chart can show the entrance to the deal..."

LikeRe: Super Smoothed Average with Floating Levels

vvFish wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:27 am :!:
Beautiful :clap:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
vvFish

Moving AveragesRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 pm Here is the highly accurate Super Smoothed Average Trend by Mladen for MT4 which is one of our favorite Moving Average style indicators from Mladen.

This version includes (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Alerts, Shadow Option & more.

PS: If you would like to download a template with the indicator set up as a Wave using the 34 EMA, see here: 34 EMA Wave using the Super Smoothed Averages indicator for MT4.

PPS: There is also a version with Floating Levels here: Super Smoothed Average with Floating Levels for MT4.
Hi Jimmy,

Awesome job with this indicator! I have been trying to make a small EA based on this indicator. When the indicator becomes green, it will send a buy order and vice versa (Red = Sell). Though I am having an issue with the indicator buffers while using iCustom. Buffers #2 and #3 always seemed to be returning Empty_Value, while all other buffers return zero. This is the same case always regardless if the indicator is green or red.

Here is a small piece of EA which I used to extract the buffer values during backtest in MT4 Strategy Tester.

Code: Select all

#include <stdlib.mqh>

extern int                AvgPeriod = 25;
extern ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE AvgPrice = PRICE_CLOSE;
extern ENUM_MA_METHOD     AvgType = MODE_EMA;
extern bool               AvgSup = false;
extern bool               alertsOn = false;
extern bool               alertsOnCurrent = false;
extern bool               alertsMessage = false;
extern bool               alertsSound = false;
extern bool               alertsPushNotif = false;
extern bool               alertsEmail = false;
extern color              ColorUp = 65280;
extern color              ColorDown = 11823615;
extern color              ColorShadow = 6908265;
extern int                  LinesWidth = 1;
extern bool               Interpolate = true;

void OnTick()
{  
   double Buffer0 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 0, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 0 is: ", Buffer0);
   double Buffer1 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 1, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 1 is: ", Buffer1);
   double Buffer2 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 2, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 2 is: ", Buffer2);
   double Buffer3 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 3, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 3 is: ", Buffer3);
   double Buffer4 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 4, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 4 is: ", Buffer4);
   double Buffer5 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 5, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 5 is: ", Buffer5);
   double Buffer6 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 6, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 6 is: ", Buffer6);
   double Buffer7 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 7, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 7 is: ", Buffer7);
   double Buffer8 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Super smoothed average trend 1.2", AvgPeriod, AvgPrice,AvgType,AvgSup,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsPushNotif,alertsEmail,ColorUp,ColorDown,ColorShadow, LinesWidth, Interpolate, 8, 1);
   Print("The value of Indicator Buffer 8 is: ", Buffer8);
 } 
When I run backtest using this code, the tester journal gives me results as shown in the image below. Also, the indicator doesn't show up on the chart once we finish/stop the backtesting in Visual mode.

Will you please advise me on how to get around this? Thank you very much for your time.
Attachments