Re: MA Crosses

frynizy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Mr. tools, I tried, but the arrow appear in none-shift position.
Please take a look
Not sure why that is happening because the arrows should appear when the cross happens no matter what the shift is set to. Been trying different combinations code wise and been coming up with similar results as yours, seems the custom moving averages would need a shift built in for it to work. Only thing I can think of is have an arrows shift but only way for that to work correctly would be for the fast,slow, and arrow shift to all be the same, which wouldn't work in your case.

mrtools wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:19 am

Not sure why that is happening because the arrows should appear when the cross happens no matter what the shift is set to. Been trying different combinations code wise and been coming up with similar results as yours, seems the custom moving averages would need a shift built in for it to work. Only thing I can think of is have an arrows shift but only way for that to work correctly would be for the fast,slow, and arrow shift to all be the same, which wouldn't work in your case.
Maybe mt4 limited. Thanks Mr tools

optionhk wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm
May I request you to update your indicator: Price Cross MA histo with mtf alerts.
Kindly add Mobile notifications as well.
Thank you
You have coded MA histo indicator more than 10 years ago and have updated recently with mobile alerts. I find it useful till this day. However, recently, because of my age not helping me to watch screen, I have adopted a new "set and forget" strategy which is working well. I sell EU from 45 pips based on H4 MA of 48 and keep doing it a few times in one account. In another account I buy when EU falls 60 pips from H4 MA and for a few times. For this strategy I use smaller lots to be used so that in case of averaging it does not invite margin calls and ultimately will anyone can make money on both accounts and patience is needed for this. I have tried this strategy on EU only becaue of its strong tendency to mean revert.
Can you kindly code this as per the picture. Requires an MA graphic , fixed MA price box, short dash lines to be drawn from inputs of pips/points based on MA price for Up and Down directions (both need to be different)
Attachments

sal wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:16 am Mr.tools/pacois
is it possible to add one more signal period and make arrow single when 2 signal periods are in one PA BAR after closed time frame
Hi, try it, I think it repaints or the arrow is late, in the code there is a -1 sign
sal wrote: Mr.tools/pacois
is it possible to add one more signal period and make arrow single when 2 signal periods are in one PA BAR after closed time frame
Hi, try it, I think it repaints or the arrow is late, in the code there is a -1 sign
These users thanked the author pacois for the post (total 2):
sal, Holmes27

pacois wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks very much... the arrow late appear is in current bar no problem.. but its repaint to next bar !!!??.
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

sal wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:34 pm
Thanks very much... the arrow late appear is in current bar no problem.. but its repaint to next bar !!!??.
have not tested, the practical test will give the truth, but I think however the arrow will appear with a bar of delay.