Re: MT4 Multi Time Frame (MTF) Indicators

PREETHI wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:08 pm hi, jimmy, i want to know about advantages of using mtf indicators and how to use it. please help me
Good question Preethi. Multi Time Frame indicators are beneficial because:

• They allow you to display the higher timeframe's indicator information in lower timeframes (of course).
  • Using an MTF indicator on a lower timeframe allows you to pin-point your entries to trade into the "bigger" trend, on the lower timeframe.
  • They help traders see higher timeframe information at a glance.
  • Multi time frame indicators allow smaller timeframe traders a look at the overall market sentiment, instead of being "locked" into the view of the lower timeframe.

Example:

One of my favorite ways to use MTF analysis is with the TDI Indicator and the Floating Indicator's MTF function.

In the chart below, you would take the 5 Minute chart's TDI trades into the 4 hour TDI's signal by using the Floating Indicator and MTF.

In the floating indicator's settings, I've set the MTF to the 4 hour timeframe.
When the Floating Indicator's 4 hour TDI crosses on a "strong angle", I won't enter immediately. I'll now watch this 5 minute chart's TDI (in my subwindow) and wait until the 5 minute chart's TDI crosses into the same direction of the Floating Indicator's 4 hour TDI's cross, then I will take the trade into the 4 hour TDI's signal.

By doing this, you will reduce drawdown and you'll be able to enter trades with precision and without switching charts too often.

This same technique applies to all MTF indicators and is also a technique that XARD teaches for using his Simple Trend Following System :)

To sum it all up, a Multi Time Frame indicator's purpose is to allow a smaller timeframe trader to see what the larger timeframe's indicators are doing. And this reduces the need for switching charts and can be beneficial for beginners as nearly all the information needed can be shown on one screen :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
PREETHI, AnCapFX, Patrick K, maroka, Itsart3
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

thiru wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:19 am Dear mrtools,

Could you please convert this mladen's CCI of ATR emphasized RSX to MTF ? Looks interesting.

Cheers
thiru

//
//
cci_of_rsx_amp_atr.mq4

//
//
2019-10-12 06_24_57-EURUSD,M5.png
Added mtf and made it user friendly.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
thiru, Jimmy, Jagg, Cazz223, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah

Eka wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:19 am Dear mrtools, would you please make this tool more user friendly on Mtf mode? Because sometimes nothing show on mtf,
Thank you in advance
Made it user friendly, added all the averages, and prices.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
rudiarius, Jimmy, camisa, myrx, pipsquirrel, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah, talaate