Re: Step Indicators for MT4

nightvision wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi,

It is my first post here. I would like to thank you for this great work.
Last night, I tested it for XAUUSD for a few months back at different TFs. It did good work.
I have one question:
Should I expect the opening of any order and the indicator alerts (color/direction change of the plot line) to be at the same time for the same settings in indicator and EA? If yes, I have some problem with the indicator as order openings and color change in the line plot are not at the same time.
The way the EA is coded to trade first bar after the color change. This is a trade it's in now.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
nightvision

mrtools wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:19 am

The way the EA is coded to trade first bar after the color change. This is a trade it's in now.
Thank you. It is my fault. I set the variable "Bar To Use" to zero. Therefore, they did not match.
By the way, if you would update the EA in the future, could you please allow the change of EA comment by the user? and also adding Server Minute as well?
This EA combined with Step Kama or SuperTrend would be perfect for me.
Great work of you as usual. Thanks again.

Hi Mrtools,

The followings are some problems I have in EA of StepMa of rsi adaptive ema:
1. When I turn AutoTrading off, popup windows stating that autotrading is off appear for each chart. Even if I close them, they appear again after a while. Is it possible to disable this warning?
2. It is not possible to add EA to a chart if Autotrading is off. A popup window appear saying "You need to enable Autotrading". I would like to add EA and set it when Autotrading is off.
3. I set the "Close on opposite signal" option as true. When a trade is open and running, it is closed due to opposite signal. It is good. However, it does not open a new trade in the opposite signal. I would like to have it opened when the direction reverse happens. Probably, if I choose max trades as 2, it may open the reverse trade while closing the current trade. But, I would like to have max trades as 1.
4. In the expert tab, There are many errors of "Failed to select order()". See the picture.

I will be pleased, if you could fix above mentioned points. Furthermore, the following extensions would be nice:
Changeable EA comment
Server time with minutes
Option to open new trade in the current direction in the next signal candle after one trade is closed
Sending e-mail/push when a new trade is opened

One question:
The EA is using automagic. Lets say I have two identical chart (same pair, same TF). If I place the EA to these two charts, does it cause any problem (magic number conflict, etc.) or both chart will work? I ask this, as I might run one of them with fix TP, while the other with trailing.

Thank you in advance...
Attachments

gtudor wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:26 pm

Heloo

It may be a little help . She does not start EA .
EA and the indicator are placed correctly and AutoTrading is running .
I attached 2 Screenshots .

Thank you !
In the initialization I have guess you call it a process to make sure the dll;s allowed, trade allowed, libraries allowed, and expert enabled maybe make sure all that is checked and the EA should work. If they are not checked the EA will not initialize.

mrtools wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 am

In the initialization I have guess you call it a process to make sure the dll;s allowed, trade allowed, libraries allowed, and expert enabled maybe make sure all that is checked and the EA should work. If they are not checked the EA will not initialize.
It's work.
Thank you!

Hi MrTools,

If you will have chance/time/interest to update the StepMA RSI EA considering the points in my previous post, please consider also adding the followings:
1. Total Profit, Total Loss, Breakeven, Trailing for multiple orders
If multiple orders are opened for one pair, I would like to have all orders in this pair closed at the same time when the target total profit is reached. I dont know if BE and trailing are possible in the case of multiple orders opened. If possible, please also add BE and trailing for multiple orders opened. (Total profit instead of pips)
2. Lot multiplier
I would like to have trades with the lot size double of the first one. In other words, lets say first trade is 0.01 lot buy. When direction changes, buy trade will remain and EA will open 0.02 lot sell. That means we have 0.01 net lot for sell. If total profit is reached, EA will close two trades. If not, direction will change again, and EA will open 0.02 buy. This time we have 0.01 net lot for buy. So, all the time, there will be 0.01 lot higher trade in the last direction. If this is difficult, a simple lot multiplier will also be fine for me. Actually, both options will be better. I would like to test both.

My tests on demo accounts are going well. It is really a promising EA. I really liked it.
I will be really very pleased if you could update the EA.
Thank you in advance,
Regards...

mrtools wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:37 am

On number 1 think it is doing that now, on number 2 no not planning on adding a martingale now.
Dear MrTools,

Thank you for your response.
I posted two messages: # 239 and #243. However, you did response only for #243. Please also check my previous note #239 as there are some problems with the EA.
Regarding your answer for #243, EA does not look for total profit, loss, trail, etc. It controls every single trade separately. What I need is to close all trades at the same time when the overall target profit or loss is reached. Also trailing based on overall P/L.

Best regards...