Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

OK, It is not a mega trade but getting in on that pulback I thought was just right.
You can clearly see that price went all the way down to the baby 6/8th Murrey line (bml) which of course is also our baby -2/8th oversold level.
It held, even on the pullback so it was just right for a BUY entry and seeing as how it was a bit slow this afternoon I just booked the Pip$ (as you do).
Remember folks... don't be greedy... and of course it goes without saying... no one ever went broke taking a profit.
Xard777

PS on the xmas version I will post a conservative version which includes a trend line as well as the extreme sports version.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 10):
Sincere007, stond, Narkarn, Jimmy, BBurroughs, thomdel, hannele, DRAXILL, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

LikeRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:51 am PS on the xmas version I will post a conservative version which includes a trend line as well as the extreme sports version.
xard777 I would like to give you a great genuine thank you for sharing your work.

The past two weeks I have been observing and mixing this with my current plan, and I can see the potential is fantastic. You've also inspired me to look at indices; before I had not paid much attention to WS30 and HK50.

I have more exploring to do, and I'm excited.

Great buys today on GOLD, DAX, and OIL.

Wishing everyone happy days and good luck.

xard777 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:51 am OK, It is not a mega trade but getting in on that pulback I thought was just right.
You can clearly see that price went all the way down to the baby 6/8th Murrey line (bml) which of course is also our baby -2/8th oversold level.
It held, even on the pullback so it was just right for a BUY entry and seeing as how it was a bit slow this afternoon I just booked the Pip$ (as you do).
Remember folks... don't be greedy... and of course it goes without saying... no one ever went broke taking a profit.
Xard777

PS on the xmas version I will post a conservative version which includes a trend line as well as the extreme sports version.

Sir,
Extremely Thankful to you for all your shares.
Please do Consider me a Junior. My Apologies If I had offended in any way in this Post / Request.

Humbly Request You to Please Provide These Options in your Future Systems. This will Help us all.
1) Turn Off Option for All Respective Indicators.( Turn Off Semafor not present in recent latest versions )
2) Option to Change Colour of - All Respective Indicators / Lines.
3) Option to Change Size / Width of - All Respective Indicators / Lines .

Thanks for Kindness and Support.

Continuation from yesterday's post.

OK, As you know I do not like carry trades on Indices.
Yesterday on the HK50 price hit BML -2/8ths and bounced up.
If the current trading frame remains intact (MML 4/8th to MML 5/8th) then price wants to go back to center mass (4/8th BML).
It did in fact go up past it to just over the 5/8th BML (Woohoo!).

MMath is not for everyone but the OBOS areas (8/8th to +2/8th & 0/8th to -2/8th levels) are great for watching turning points.
All the best
Xard777

XARD: Follow up...
WS30 bounces off the 7/8th BML as the Gold Semafor top holds. This is approx a BML 4/8th move.
Murrey says that the 1/8th & 7/8th levels are the best entry levels inside the Trading Frame to take (albeit Major, Minor or Baby Octave).
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 12):
Blueman, stond, optionhk, BBurroughs, luckydude2013, bigdee, Sincere007, thomdel, Christonly, DRAXILL, Jedidiah, StuartWong

BBurroughs wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:09 pm xard fyi
2019.10.25 18:07:14.392 !!!-MT4 X-XARDFX88 XAUUSD,M1: *******Buffer MisMatch!!! 39 37
seems to be on all tf's
Also what is the significance of 400 look back for MM frame?
barry
XARDFX88 indy should work OK now, removed outer semafor lines and corrected buffer mismatch.
the 400 look back for MM frame is the number of bars to draw the MM lines (change it to 40 and you will see what I mean).
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 6):
thomdel, luckydude2013, BBurroughs, heldialfiadi, Mechkad, Jedidiah

Nice UP move on WS30 - we are still trading off the last Green bottom Semafor, just wait for the background to go Blue after WS opens and bingo Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding... the sweet sound of Pip$ paying out.

You will notice on the chart that I have taken out the Open line in favour of yesterday Gold Close line (yClose). The Open figure is still reported on the info panel.
I think it is more important to see where the market is in conjunction with yclose. Good, if the market gaps on the open you can see what's happenning, like closing the gap etc.
Also, placed a wkClose line (Black) on the chart too.
Today I got my SELL trade this morning on HK50 and a BUY trade on WS30 this afternoon.
Have a good weekend everyone.
All the best
Xard777

PS I will probably look at placing the text off chart to the right so that it is easier to read.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 5):
stond, jgxpro, Sincere007, Jedidiah, StuartWong

Dear Xard, just a little feedback on the first 3 weeks of taking into account the signals of your system with my findings in my demo trading:
+2260€ profit on 10k€ capital. I included all the trades from 2019.10.04-10.25. Sorry for the order, I had to filter out the many small transaction costs, so I arranged the Account History by Type. I have to admit, that I used quite wide SL levels, that where tightened when price went in favour of me, I have doubts I could totally replicate this on a real account. Besides monitoring trades I have to look into also setting appropriate price targets. I still have to refine position sizing, too, for indices I settled in considerably larger positions.
If you, or anyone could point to an effective resource on Murray Math (this is quite new concept to me) I would be very grateful.

Today's WS move: my biggest winner to date :)) I've waited for this move, though was way too early on the entry, in real life I would have stopped out yesterday to get in again today :)

Open vs Yesterday's Close: As the Open occurs many times when the main US / EU markets are closed I support your modification to prefer Yesterday's close. Did the buy/sell suggestions remained related to the Open though? At least your pic shows asymmetrical Buy/Sell order lines related to Yclose.
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 5):
stond, francisfinley stimpy, Sincere007, xard777, Blueman

I can see the message indicator on the Xard chart. I had a problem with my reader, it stopped working, I found another. Cool news reader made by mladen's.

Original description written by mladen's:

The options are all the usual:
- number of events to be displayed (not written in the options but for practical reasons it is limited to minimum 7 and maximum 40)
- for how long should the even be displayed in the list of events
- alerts settings (alerts are not going to be triggered over and over when time frame or symbol are changed or when terminal is restarted)
- and some settings for colors and lines and "flags" display

And that is all. With one exception: indicator needs to have dll imports enabled. Without it, it can not read the news from the net and can not work (but you shall get a warning if you try to run it without dll imports enabled)

The rest is done using the buttons available in the indicator (the choice of events impact that will be displayed, currency (es), display of lines and "flags", alerts, ....). Just drag the mouse over the indicator area and you shall see an explanation for each button / option what it does. That way we are saving on parameters and making it visually clear what options are used currently by the indicator

Some examples:
- Basic display (all defaults used)
- Display extended to 25 events
- Display extended to 25 events and display of lines and "flags" turned on
- Only current symbol used
- And off course, the window is drag-able - once you place it somewhere, it will stay there till you place it to some other place on the chart or till you remove it

PS:
- Minimizing the window does not turn the indicator off. All the settings and choices are still valid (that were set using the button choices) and the indicator is working the same as if it was not minimized at all (except that it takes less space on the chart - like on the example)

PPS: alerts are working independently from display - you do not need to have the lines and "flags" displayed for alerts neither does the news reader need to be maximized - even when minimized the alerts are going to be triggered at their proper time

That would be all
Happy toying with this indicator
These users thanked the author stond for the post (total 3):
Sincere007, jgxpro, bdunn