Re: Rijay's System of Moving Averages

where to place stop loss

at maximum convergence points of moving averages of multiple timeframes, ( convergence points of 13 ema and 20 ema zones on multiple timeframes)( this are also convergence points of multiple timeframes macd on chart)

at this convergence of moving averages, when prices starts breaking trendline , previous spike highs are good sl, and will not be tested most of the times.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
note- price action is of paramount importance for break of trendline(on closing basis) and for initiation of trade., around 90 % of times prices will pull back towards trendline to give better entry points after prices breaks trendline on closing basis of candle( this candle should be a large one and fast one)( to catch traders on wrong side suddenly and offguard, so that panic sets in the traders (counter trend traders and sideways market traders)and they rush in to square off their positions.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

rough estimate of targets-- length of consolidation ( draw horizontal line of length of consolidation and put the same line on vertically, ) that is your minimum targets.
Attachments

this is how after convergence points are identified, a fast and large price action should threaten the trendline , this move will catch traders on wrong side

prices will tend to pull back towards the previous days close prices often before resuming its move for the day, as previous days close price is the most important for major banks,( interbank close), so is very important is the close at US market closing prices,

and exchange close price for stocks and indexes

looks like us dollar strength started with start of us china trade war is going to end now with this beginning of end of trade war, and EUR and GBP are showing it as early change.

though looks like too early to predict ! just what longterm technical charts are telling on GBP and EUR based on moving averages only.

------------------------

more optimal setting of jurik_smooth_ribbon_nmc( to match with macd)

smooth 1 period=12
smooth price= close
smooth 1 phase= o
smooth 2 period=50
smooth price= close
smooth 2 phase= o
--------------------------------------------------------------------

for any country's currency, two close price are important

one is where is the close price on that country's interbank platform close. and other is where is close price of that country's currency on US session close(as that is decisive for daily candle close)

depending on how is closing on us session , the next day prices will open on that country's interbank platform and then will pull back to the previous day's close price on that country's interbank platform, and then again restart the move for the day in the direction of the trend.

this is also true for any other instrument like stocks and indexes

only in <10% of the time when there is very strong trend that this pull back to country's interbank close price level will be shallow.

price and volume move will come at

london open
tokyo close
us open
london close
us open
These users thanked the author rijay for the post:
hannele

reading the context of all important 13-20 ema zone using

moving averages 5,13,50 ema on any timeframe chart

----------------------------------

on current timeframe 5 ema can be replaced by either macd line(attached macd osma line indicator) itself or jma (attached is jam filter) for faster and smoother reaction to prices

i guess applying jma on this macd osma on chart mtf line(and /or making it atr adaptive) will make it more faster reactive, as currently it lags a bit, ( that is where the slope of macd histogram is of help to see things changing early, or just rely on price action, or analyse multiple timeframes to see the change early)
or squeezed oma for mt5

-----------------------------------------

same analysis holds true for all other timeframes, as described previously keep the right relation of all averages in all timeframes as per relation given on previous pages.
ChuChu Rocket

anticipating end of consolidation, retracement and trendline

macd and stlm histogram just helps to see when momentum is fading,

most important is the price action for any move to materialize in anticipated direction.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anticipating the price reversal bar at convergence points,

if prices breaks this grey line , with fast and large price action bar which is running towards the trendline to break it , the move is on, as traders are caught on wrong side, and will run to close their positions in panic.

this is extrapolation so all lines will readjust.

so do not focus on lines.

-----------------------------------------------------
only one criteria to find reversal bar.

focus only on last price bar. and its last status with line at that bar(current grey line and not red future line)

the bar that closes below or above this current grey line is reversal bar.( important to note is close of bar, price may dip below this line but till bar does not close below or above the line on closing basis it is not reversal bar)

till this closing of price bar on the other side of the line does not happen it is continuation of trend.(once again to remind- close of candle is to be taken in to account)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is not for signalling but for anticipation, but this is good extrapolation of ema.

all thanks to MLADEN and MRTOOLS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ema extrapolated indicator
settings-

ema period=1
bands deviation=2
last bar in the past data=0
number of past bars=200
number of bars to predict=50
total number of harmonics in model=8
tolerance of frequency calculations=0.0001
calculate on every tick =true

analyse in context with other indicators and systems.

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:52 am Updates to the Xmas setup

Added Session boxes for best trading times
Added Daily High/Low (Black rectangle box)
Replaced the Trend line with a GoldBand line
Adjusted the colour scheme slightly
Amended Trend Meter to match GoldBand line
Amended Spread & Timer functions on Info Panel.
Amended Session High/Low on HK50
Xard777
hello, xard

you are doing nice work by giving everyone free trading system, and i think everyone appreciates your work here.

you are really lion hearted, to share your hard work for free.

as you are putting in lots of efforts for new trading system;

i thought to put some efforts in a way i use jma for entry and exit and to identify swings in all timeframes, just as a friendly gesture.
in case you can find this useful for background coloring on your system.

so far i have found jma better for fast signals, so i have here attached templet and indicators here in case you can find it useful for background coloring, with settings that i use on this templet as my primary trading templet.

this all indicators of jma are made by mladen and mrtools, so many thanks to them for sharing it too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for example i have taken up H4 and H1 timeframes in it, will attach few images for it ,

this are h4 time frame signals , for trading on h1 time frames, but can be modified for any timeframes,

here from H4 up to down (from up arrow to down arrow) is one background color can be applied and for H4 down to up color another, and you can trade on h1 timeframe till opposite signal appears on H4 arrow, keeping in mind higher timeframes trend.

may be meter showing all timeframe color will be an idea, i do not know how will it work out.

i am afraid, i am not able to find this back ground coloring indicator of jam filter( or may be not made yet, or not published yet, or may be i am wrong !!), so i adapted to arrow, thanks to mladen and mrtools that it is published !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jam ribbon is faster , ideal is macd ribbon on chart to analyze , but can not find any macd ribbon on chart, may be Mt4 has its limitations, i do not know, hope one will be made for Mt5 in future )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

points-

-consider jma ribbon as 13 and 20 ema zones .(each timeframe ribbon is 13 -20 ema zone of that timeframe)(so its coloring of jam ribbon is also back ground color of that timeframe swing, a nice idea for background coloring, but will be a bit late then arrow in example, as it jma ribbon is on slower settings of jma then arrow settings a fast one)

-Jma ribbon is for seeing start and end of whole swing, arrows are for entry and exit for in between retracements for entry on lower timeframes. so posted here example for H4,H1 timeframes in image and on templet.
and for background coloring option

-prices crossing to other side of jma ribbon and sustains there indicates end of swing.

-upper border of jma ribbon is are to which prices takes support and carry on in direction of trend, lower border of ribbon is the last support, break of lower border will change the atr of prices to other side, and reversal sets in.
-prices breaking lower time frame ribbon will hit the next higer timeframe ribbon and will consolidate there, and then again resume move.

-news spikes, unexpected spikes will take support at next higher timeframe, for example if trend is setting up in H4, and news spikes prices maximum move will be to the D1 jma ribbon .
- if prices breaks jma ribbon then it will retest it from below , to restart the move down again.

convergence points are when two timeframe jma ribbon collides with each other , this are good for entry , along with convergence of moving average on multiple timeframes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

attaching here indicators and templet here, indicators goes into Downloads folder. ( all my indicators resides in Downloads folder from beginning !)

attaching indicators here as i have, i think all indicators here are a good one and can be of help to you in coding(you are better person to make moifications to make changes)(may be mladen and mrtools also have this copies), and not decompiled one, i do not know, as i do not know coding, but you know it better, as long as i remember jma ribbon will be the right one as it is from tsd times.

jma filter is the same as ribbon made of kind of two jma filter, try applying same jma values on both of it and will match on each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just attaching one more indicator momentum scalper revised coded by mrtool, in case you find it useful for background coloring, i have not tested it much, but it looks faster then jma on primary testing !( i thought jma is better !), have not tested it for recalculating yet. but it is beating the expectation and looks to go much closer to price action, may be mtf coloring will like jma will be good.

continue your good work, have a nice day ahead.

i also take up this moment to thank mladen, mrtools, and jimmy too for their good work
These users thanked the author rijay for the post (total 4):
thomdel, stond, PREETHI, bdunn

xard777 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:18 pm Thanks Rijay for your generous contribution, I will take a look at these goodies over the weekend.
All the best
Xard777

thanks for reply

attaching one more image of EURUSD current chart, with the same H4 timeframe arrow on H1 chart for referance, if up arrow to down arrow of H4 is colored on background , rest of retracement on H1 can be taken for trade.

once candle on H4 closed this arrow will not repaint,
this is with moving averages convergence points on multiple time frames with qwma adaptive fls, as 13-20 ema zones of each timeframes,

at convergence points this arrows are takeble trades , till no convergence it could be better to wait out.
hope i explained well.

thanks.
Attachments
Sincere007

rijay wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:46 pm

thanks for reply

attaching one more image of EURUSD current chart, with the same H4 timeframe arrow on H1 chart for referance, if up arrow to down arrow of H4 is colored on background , rest of retracement on H1 can be taken for trade.

once candle on H4 closed this arrow will not repaint,
this is with moving averages convergence points on multiple time frames with qwma adaptive fls, as 13-20 ema zones of each timeframes,

at convergence points this arrows are takeble trades , till no convergence it could be better to wait out.
hope i explained well.

thanks.
Hi Rijay,
The Arrow from Jurik Filter for EA or other indicator ?
Thanks