Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Papybillou wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:22 pm Bjr, can someone transform this indicator of "volatility cycle" written for ProRealtime (not stolen) for MT4. Thank you very much.

Code: Select all

a=BollingerBandWidth[m](close).
b=highest[n](a).
c=lowest[n](a).
d=(a-b)/(b-c).

Return average [2] (d)+1.
------------------
[b]PS: m value and n=18[/b].

That code looks similar to Bollinger bands %b, there is a version here app.php/attach/file/3337598
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Papybillou

Hi mrtools
There is old simple expert since tsd website called "simple (stepma of rsi adaptive ema 2.9) EA_1", I am using this expert for specific currency pair. I would like to make small change on it.
Right now, the expert close the position either the stop-lose reached or the beginning of the next trend. For instance, when the expert open buy position and never reach to tp or sl and then new trend comes with sell signal, the expert closes the previous position on lose.
My request is to add or modify the expert such that it never closes any position until and only the price reaches to either take-profit or stop-lose limits.
I hope I explain my request clearly

talaate wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:14 pm Hi mrtools
There is old simple expert since tsd website called "simple (stepma of rsi adaptive ema 2.9) EA_1", I am using this expert for specific currency pair. I would like to make small change on it.
Right now, the expert close the position either the stop-lose reached or the beginning of the next trend. For instance, when the expert open buy position and never reach to tp or sl and then new trend comes with sell signal, the expert closes the previous position on lose.
My request is to add or modify the expert such that it never closes any position until and only the price reaches to either take-profit or stop-lose limits.
I hope I explain my request clearly

simple (stepma of rsi adaptive ema 2.9) EA_1.mq4
Try this one added made it an option to close on the opposite signal, not able to test it to verify.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
ionone, talaate

mrtools wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Try this one added made it an option to close on the opposite signal, not able to test it to verify.
Hi mrtools
Now the situation is like the following when close on opposite signal is set FALSE:
- Expert begins to open multiple positions (sometimes more than 70 positions) on the same trend, (i.e. when buy signal or when sell signal)
- Expert collects the profit for each position when takeprofit is taken place.
- If the indicator signal is changed (i.e. from buy to sell or from sell to buy), the Expert again closes all opened positions which I do not want since it is not reach to takeprofit value yet.

I suggest if possible:
1- to limit the number of open positions ( new add extern statement of maximum open position)
2- never close the positions till reach the takeprofit or stoplose values or when stoplose value equals 0

I am so sorry for disturbing you.
Thanks

talaate wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:10 am

Hi mrtools
Now the situation is like the following when close on opposite signal is set FALSE:
- Expert begins to open multiple positions (sometimes more than 70 positions) on the same trend, (i.e. when buy signal or when sell signal)
- Expert collects the profit for each position when takeprofit is taken place.
- If the indicator signal is changed (i.e. from buy to sell or from sell to buy), the Expert again closes all opened positions which I do not want since it is not reach to takeprofit value yet.

I suggest if possible:
1- to limit the number of open positions ( new add extern statement of maximum open position)
2- never close the positions till reach the takeprofit or stoplose values or when stoplose value equals 0

I am so sorry for disturbing you.
Thanks
Sorry about the last version was heading to slumber land and to sleepy or lazy to test, anyway this one seems more like it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
SilverBB