Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:31 am Ish,
How many Pip$ did you make on the TRADE LIKE A BOSS setup?
500'000? more?
Xard777

PS Here is the above CADJPY chart on 15min for your perusal.
Altogether, yeah pretty close to it. Those where the good ole days.
Before Presidental Tweets and Brexit.

But I still manage to scrounge out a few here and there.

The Christmas setup is looking great and Christmas like.
Great job.

DRAXILL

OK, made more changes to xmas setup
Changed the backgound to default no trade C'74,74,74' - makes it easier on the eye.
Adjusted the Meter and Info panels backgrounds colurs to compensate.
Shifted the Signal line two bars to the right.
Blacked out the TMA channel line - make it easier on the eye.
Added 4/8th (white Dash line) & 33% (Orange Dash line) to Octaves indy - can be used as OBOS areas within the 1/8th levels (works great on Indices).
Enclosed 1min chart of HK50 for everyones perusal.
If the setup is accurate on 1min TF then it will work fine on all other TFs.
I did +175 Pip$ this morning trading the 1 min chart and left way more Pip$ than that on the chart.
With this setup you can actually stay in the trade until price crosses the Signal line.
If I had done that with my last trade I would have made +350 Pip$ instead of +175 Pip$.
Like I said before, no need to be greedy and no one ever went broke taking a profit.

With this setup it should be possible to do around +200 Pip$ Daily on Hk50 with an additinal +100 Pip$ on WS30 each day with ease. Other traders like Ish will blow these conservative figures clear out of the water (as he already does).
All the best
Xard777

PS I know that the Leaderboard indy is not shown on the chart but I will include it on the main template.
As I am not trading currencies it is pointless me having it on my Daily trading chart.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 8):
stond, luckydude2013, Sincere007, SWicak, hannele, thomdel, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:34 pm Update on Xmas setup

This is how the new Xmas setup looks like, making it sooo easy for Directional Trading.
Hopefully everyone will make tons of Pip$ with it's ease of use.
All the best
Xard777

This screenshot was taken on an old iMac 9.1 (2009 Edition)
The iMac hard drive had been wiped and Linux Mint 19.2 installed along with Wine 4.0
It (MetaTrader) actually runs faster than on my PC.
The moral of the story is, if you buy a Mac the first thing that you should do is wipe it and install Linux Mint :-)
Anyway, people are throwing these Macs out as they are no longer supported and they make for the best trading machines out or at least as a backup machine to your main pc.
Hi Xard
Linux Mint 19.2 has 32- and 64-bit versions in three variants: Cinnamon, MATE and Xfce.
Which one do you recommend? I've never had Linux, I want to check it on my old laptop.

Regards
stond

XARD: I use Linux Mint Cinnamon 64-bit version.
If you do decide to install Linux onto a pc or a mac then make sure that your connection to the internet is hard wired.
This way when you choose third party software, everything should install from the get go. You can choose to run Linux along side your existing OS or wipe everything and just install it on it's own. Either way take a look at this link as it shows you how to setup your hard drive.
Don't be put off by the information as it is very easy when done in baby steps. Also, I keep my MT4 files in a separate Folder (called MT4 FHD & MT4 FHD-bak) which I store in a VAULT directory. The good thing about this is that you do not have to install MT4, all you do is go in to the MT4 FHD folder and double click on the terminal.exe file and MT4 starts. This also makes it easier to zip up a copy and post to the cloud as a backup.
http://www.rodsbooks.com/ubuntu-efi/
How to install Wine 4.0
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/06/lin ... -available

If it an old laptop chances are that Linux will boot OK.
Just goto https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=267
Download Linux Mint 19.2 to your pc
Once down simply right click on the file and choose " Make Bootable USB Stick"
This will write the iso file to your USB
Now just bootup Linux from the usb on your laptop
It will start with whats called a live version that is not installed yet but allow you to use Linux (albeit a bit slower off a usb).
When you decide that you want to install Linux just dbl click on the Install Icon and it will walk you thru the steps.
Xard777

stond wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi Xard
Linux Mint 19.2 has 32- and 64-bit versions in three variants: Cinnamon, MATE and Xfce.
Which one do you recommend? I've never had Linux, I want to check it on my old laptop.

Regards
stond

XARD: I use Linux Mint Cinnamon 64-bit version.
If you do decide to install Linux onto a pc or a mac then make sure that your connection to the internet is hard wired.
This way when you choose third party software, everything should install from the get go. You can choose to run Linux along side your existing OS or wipe everything and just install it on it's own. Either way take a look at this link as it shows you how to setup your hard drive.
Don't be put off by the information as it is very easy when done in baby steps. Also, I keep my MT4 files in a separate Folder (called MT4 FHD & MT4 FHD-bak) which I store in a VAULT directory. The good thing about this is that you do not have to install MT4, all you do is go in to the MT4 FHD folder and double click on the terminal.exe file and MT4 starts. This also makes it easier to zip up a copy and post to the cloud as a backup.
http://www.rodsbooks.com/ubuntu-efi/
How to install Wine 4.0
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/06/lin ... -available

If it an old laptop chances are that Linux will boot OK.
Just goto https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=267
Download Linux Mint 19.2 to your pc
Once down simply right click on the file and choose " Make Bootable USB Stick"
This will write the iso file to your USB
Now just bootup Linux from the usb on your laptop
It will start with whats called a live version that is not installed yet but allow you to use Linux (albeit a bit slower off a usb).
When you decide that you want to install Linux just dbl click on the Install Icon and it will walk you thru the steps.
Xard777
Thanks Xard.
I'll check it for sure. This will be very good for my old laptop.

Regards
stond

xard777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:19 pm OK, made more changes to xmas setup
Changed the backgound to default no trade C'74,74,74' - makes it easier on the eye.
Adjusted the Meter and Info panels backgrounds colurs to compensate.
Shifted the Signal line two bars to the right.
Blacked out the TMA channel line - make it easier on the eye.
Added 4/8th (white Dash line) & 33% (Orange Dash line) to Octaves indy - can be used as OBOS areas within the 1/8th levels (works great on Indices).
Enclosed 1min chart of HK50 for everyones perusal.
If the setup is accurate on 1min TF then it will work fine on all other TFs.
I did +175 Pip$ this morning trading the 1 min chart and left way more Pip$ than that on the chart.
With this setup you can actually stay in the trade until price crosses the Signal line.
If I had done that with my last trade I would have made +350 Pip$ instead of +175 Pip$.
Like I said before, no need to be greedy and no one ever went broke taking a profit.

With this setup it should be possible to do around +200 Pip$ Daily on Hk50 with an additinal +100 Pip$ on WS30 each day with ease. Other traders like Ish will blow these conservative figures clear out of the water (as he already does).
All the best
Xard777

PS I know that the Leaderboard indy is not shown on the chart but I will include it on the main template.
As I am not trading currencies it is pointless me having it on my Daily trading chart.
Hi... I am sorry but I am new to this thread... are you sharing your system as well or just showing screenshots from it ?

Thanks