Adaptive Lookback Nonlag MA & Histogram

Here are a set of great codes from the archives which Mrtools and I have managed to make NMC compatible. Most of the credit should go to Mrtools as he helped me out with two of the files that I couldn't fix. Thanks brother :)

These are the ALB (Adaptive Lookback) Nonlag Moving Average set of indicators and both come with Multi-timeframe + Interpolation.

As explained by Mladen when he originally published these two codes:
There was a reason why the percent filter was left out. There is a difference in calculation compared to igorads version : for long Lengths the difference tends to be very small but for shorter Lengths it can grow. Anyway made 2 new indicators : the "new" versions of nonlagma with percent filters added and 2 new ones with adaptive look-back period calculation and percent filter (here are a 1 hour 1 pct ones on a 15 minute chart)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
heispark, Chickenspicy
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Nonlag MA & Histogram

And continuing from the post above, this is the standard Nonlag MA and it's accompanying Histogram version.

Both include Multi-timeframe + Interpolation as well. Thanks to Mrtools & Mladen for these great codes (and for helping to restore these codes tonight) :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
heispark, bdunn, BeatlemaniaSA
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:52 pm This is the ingeniously coded ALB (Adaptive Lookback) Mogalef Bands by Mladen & Mrtools. It comes Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Future Projection & Alerts.

This advanced technical indicator can be used as a target for breakouts or for take profit/stop losses.

A little more information from the creator of the original Mogalef Bands:
just wanted to express massive and sincere thanks for this creation it is beautiful and very clever mean reversion is excellent - also gives you a grate idea of overpriced undervalued absolutely grate work thankyou
These users thanked the author Ayrton for the post:
Jimmy

Phase Accumulation

Phase Accumulation

Working through the archives again this week and here I would like to add the standalone version of the Phase Accumulation indicator coded by Mladen.

As explained by Mladen:
John Ehlers made also an indicator called Phase accumulation. I did not find a working version of it for Metatrader 4 (the ones I found are with too much deviations from the original, so the usage of those is rather limited) so made one. The idea (in short) is to find how many bars does it take to add up every bars phases and to reach certain cycle (Ehlers uses only 1 full cycle but I decided to make it as a parameter where you can choose for how many cycles do you want to check the phases for - the "why" I did it will be explained later)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
太虚一毫

Phase Accumulation EMA

Phase Accumulation EMA

The Phase Accumulation EMA in standalone form is also added here and we are continuing from the above post's explanation.

Continued explanation by Mladen:
So, the way it is calculated, it gives a kind of a "perfect" period that should be applied to some indicator. And now the "why" variable cycles parameter : if we test just 1 full cycle then the speed of an indicator can not be changed (it will depend solely on data) and that way some indicators that could use this way of calculating periods could not benefit from it : averages, MACD, and so on ... But with variable cycles they become "controllable" and in that way, much more usable. So here are two offsprings of the Phase accumulation : Phase accumulation EMA (so adaptive) and Phase accumulation MACD (adaptive again). On the picture : Half cycle EMA and full cycle EMA, and the same cycles MACD
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
rudiarius, nathanvbasko, 太虚一毫

Phase Accumulation MACD

Phase Accumulation MACD

This is the Phase Accumulation MACD in standalone form which was made by Mladen & Mrtools back in the TSD days.

Mrtools's & Mladen also generously created a Dynamic Zones & Dynamic Zones Adaptive versions here:

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
vvFish, nathanvbasko, 太虚一毫, Chickenspicy

Homodyne Discriminator

Homodyne Discriminator

For reference and for those who are researching this algorithm for their coding projects, I will post the Homodyne Discriminator here.

This particular version of the Homodyne Discriminator was kindly re-coded & fixed for MT4 by Mrtools & Mladen as the original translation from EasyLanguage code had issues when coded in MQL.

As explained by John Ehlers:

Homodyne Discriminator exhibits superior performance in a low signal-to-noise environment.
Homodyne means I use the signal multiplied by itself one bar ago to produce a zero-frequency beat note. This beat note carries the phase angle of the one-bar change. Still using the basic definition of a cycle, the one-bar rate of change of phase is exactly the cycle period.

-- John F. Ehlers

A further explanation by Mladen in regards to this specific version that he coded:
There is already one more version of Homodyne discriminator but it is even heavier on resources than the HT (it calculates all the bars for every tick) and it has a deviation from the original indicator in the part where the price is concerned : it uses 4 period linear weighted price instead of "pure" price. This one solves all those issues

Examples of the Homodyne Discriminator used in MT4 coding:

For coders looking for an example of how the Homodyne Discriminator is implemented, Mrtools uses this specific algorithm in his Adaptive Gann High-Low Activator JMA Heiken Ashi Arrows for MT4 where the corrected version of the Homodyne Discriminator is integrated.

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Try this one!
mr tool,

Can you kindly add a filter for marking an arrow plus horizontal short line at a distance of xxxx pips input or suggest any moving averaage indicator which marks hort lines at a moving average distance of pips.

Example, for every 80 pips price move above the green moving average or trend line, i will sell and for every 60 pips below the red moving average i will buy. That is my objective. kindly help me .
thank you.

Re: Homodyne Discriminator

Jimmy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:40 pm For reference and for those who are researching this algorithm for their coding projects, I will post the Homodyne Discriminator here.

This particular version of the Homodyne Discriminator was kindly re-coded & fixed for MT4 by Mrtools & Mladen as the original translation from EasyLanguage code had issues when coded in MQL.

Homodyne Discriminator exhibits superior performance in a low signal-to-noise environment.
Homodyne means I use the signal multiplied by itself one bar ago to produce a zero-frequency beat note. This beat note carries the phase angle of the one-bar change. Still using the basic definition of a cycle, the one-bar rate of change of phase is exactly the cycle period.

-- John F. Ehlers

A further explanation by Mladen in regards to this specific version that he coded:
There is already one more version of Homodyne discriminator but it is even heavier on resources than the HT (it calculates all the bars for every tick) and it has a deviation from the original indicator in the part where the price is concerned : it uses 4 period linear weighted price instead of "pure" price. This one solves all those issues

Examples of the Homodyne Discriminator used in MT4 coding:
For coders looking for an example of how the Homodyne Discriminator is implemented, Mrtools uses this specific algorithm in his Adaptive Gann High-Low Activator JMA Heiken Ashi Arrows for MT4 where the corrected version of the Homodyne Discriminator is integrated.
I found this code (not an easy language) wherein it uses the linear weighted price. Not sure if it solved the said issues.
please find the attached
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Cazz223
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

Re: Homodyne Discriminator

nathanvbasko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:49 am ...

-- John F. Ehlers

I found this code (not an easy language) wherein it uses the linear weighted price. Not sure if it solved the said issues.
please find the attached
Period of Dominant Cycle
─ Based on Homodyne Discriminator by John F. Ehlers
─ Using JMA filter/smoothness
─ Using HA-APB price close
─ Doesn't need to load all the bars (as an option), and it doesn't recalculate all the bars on every tick

Homodyne means we are multiplying the signal by itself. To be more precise, we want to multiply the signal of the current bar with the complex conjugate of the signal 1 bar ago.  

NOTE: This indicator does not generate BUY / SELL signals. It is used to find the cycle period that can be used as inputs to other indicators. For example, if the current value of the indicator is 32, then it means that the current cycle period of the price is 32 bars, and this value can be used to calculated period based indicators like RSI, ADX, CCI, ATR, etc. Since this indicator value changes, we calculate our indicators like RSI dynamically (32-bar), etc instead of a fixed RSI period. 

This screenshot below shows some indicators that use the value of the dominant cycle period. This is just an example of a trading system or a tool that uses the Dominant Cycle Period. ─an upcoming version of the v2v dynamic trading system, but without the cycle period line showing up on the chart sub-window. 
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Cazz223
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─