Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

DRAXILL wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:45 am So here is my Powerdash that had been custom fitted for my personal trading style.

It was fitted like an expensive custom fine fitted suit by non-other than Xard himself.

I normally don't share the source code but since Xard has asked me to I will do it here.

You guys can go into the source code and custom it to your specifications since your trading style is different than mine.

I only ask if you come up with anything good then share it here.

DRAXILL
thanks for the code share. will try to change the font and release it here if comes out good.

xard777 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:57 pm Here is a second trade today on HK50.
The Squiggly lines in the sub-window keeping you out of the up move (probably banks faking it so they can buy in large) and getting you in on the continued down move.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.
Xard777
Hi Xard,
Can you please suggest how should stoploss be placed? You have given ADR scale for TP. Similarly, where should I place stoploss for trading of major Indices like Dax, HS, and WS.

XARD: I am the wrong person to ask about stops, I do not use stops in my trading. When I take a trade I sit on it and manage it the whole way. If the trade is not going my way I pull the plug and sit on the sidelines waiting... There is so much talk about brokers using stop hunting algos and the big banks and institutions faking moves in the opposite direction so they can get in on the main move action with multi billion dollar trades. Over time we tend to see these fake moves followed by massive moves in the direction of the main trend. That is why I create my setups to follow these main trends so that we get in on the action. In the past I too did use stops in my trading only to sit back and wait for my stop to be caught. I do not do that now. When I enter the trade it means that the market is moving in the direction of my trade and if it is not then I am out. Also, if a trade that I am in is slow or static for a while I am out. Sometimes, it pays to simply stay out and wait. If there are mixed signals on the chart I will not take the trade, instead I just sit there. When everything lines up and the market is moving in the direction of the main trend then I will not hesitate to pull the trigger. With stops I think we become lazy and too reliant on the stop when on hindsight we know that we should have been out of that losing trade ages ago. When we book a profit it no longer becomes house money, it's our money and to hell with giving it back.
These users thanked the author optionhk for the post:
StuartWong

xard777 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:10 pm I imagine that it is just a template put on an offline renko chart.
Here is the TMA background as a separate indy for your perusal.
All the best
Xard777
Thanks...

Please Sir, Have a Look at these 2 Requests.

1) Post : 737
viewtopic.php?p=1295396312#p1295396312

2) Option for Changing : Open Line Colour & Open Line Style & Open Line Width.

Thanks in Advance.
Please Try.

PREETHI wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:55 pm hi, XARD. Can you modify the ADR Indicator to add option to change the color of the ADR Lines as shown in the picture.[ Two different colours for BUY area ADR Lines and SELL area ADR Lines]
You can change the ADR levels color by changing default ADRColUP=clrSnow & ADRColDN=clrSnow from the Input menu.
Once you do change these level remember to save as a another template.
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 4):
optionhk, PREETHI, stond, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world