Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Cazz223 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:22 pm Hello Kam44
Would you please share with me how would you read/use Jurik volty bands with the MA?
Hi,

I'm still learning the nuances of the indicator myself.

But the addition of an MA to the Jurik Bands lets me replace the 14 period RSI with an MA.

On a 4H chart when the Jurik Bands cross the zero line you can enter long/short. If you're conservative you can wait for a zero cross and then a pullback to the MA (I use an 8 period). A push into the outer bands will usually signify strength to the upside/downside. But it has to be a push into the outerbands and not just a touch and bounce back. However if it does bounce off the outerbands but doesn't retrace further than the MA that is usually a sign of continuation in that direction.

Pay attention to the angle of the outerbands when price touches it. If the outerband stays flat then usually price won't go much further?

You can also use this method on the lower timeframes but for the 15M timeframe it's best to let price push up against the outerbands.

Most importantly I think it's best to use the Jurik Bands indicator with a couple of moving averages to get a general sense of direction. Also pay attention to S/R levels as price may stall after it has crossed the zero line or hit the outerbands around strong S/R levels.

Hope this helps?
These users thanked the author kam44 for the post (total 3):
ChuChu Rocket, Cazz223, simontw

mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:07 am

Added mtf.
Dear MrTools,

I am trying to use indicator "Trend scalp & arrows mtf" in an expert advisor. I use another indicator to print buffer values to understand which buffer provides what information.

In my understanding, buffer 5 of idicator "Trend scalp & arrows mtf" is used to provide +1 for DeepSkyBlue dots (when indicator line is above dotted area over 0) and -1 when indicator line is below dotted area (over 0).

But I could not find any buffer providing information for printing dots in PaleVioletRed color. I need information when indicator line crosses below/above dotted area under zero.

I also need to mention that I have no coding information or such skills.

Can you please advise MrTools?

Regards.

PanicTrader wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:50 am

Dear MrTools,

I am trying to use indicator "Trend scalp & arrows mtf" in an expert advisor. I use another indicator to print buffer values to understand which buffer provides what information.

In my understanding, buffer 5 of idicator "Trend scalp & arrows mtf" is used to provide +1 for DeepSkyBlue dots (when indicator line is above dotted area over 0) and -1 when indicator line is below dotted area (over 0).

But I could not find any buffer providing information for printing dots in PaleVioletRed color. I need information when indicator line crosses below/above dotted area under zero.

I also need to mention that I have no coding information or such skills.

Can you please advise MrTools?

Regards.
I haven't tried it in a EA but imagine you could use the buffer #5 +1 for the deepskyblue dots and -1 for the palevioletred dots, also the deep skybluedot is buffer # 2 and palevioletred dot is buffer # 3.

mrtools wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:43 am

I haven't tried it in a EA but imagine you could use the buffer #5 +1 for the deepskyblue dots and -1 for the palevioletred dots, also the deep skybluedot is buffer # 2 and palevioletred dot is buffer # 3.
Yes MrTools,

Mentioned buffers provide such info as you said but EA prints the following info for the buffers in related circumstances:

#Buffer 2: Prints 100 when indicator line crosses up dotted area above zero and -EMPTY_VALUE when crosses down dotted line (above) regardless of any other scenario.
#Buffer 3: Prints EMPTY value when indicator line crosses up dotted area above zero and 100 when crosses down dotted (above 0) line regardless of any other scenario.
#Buffer 5: Prints +1 when indicator line crosses up dotted area above zero and -1 when crosses down dotted line (above 0) regardless of any other scenario.

So, Buffer 3 & Buffer 5 seems to provide inadequate information when PaleVioletRed colored dots or cross up/down (dotted area below o) occur.
"Trend scalp & arrows mtf" buffers "Trend scalp & arrows mtf" buffers
Please forgive me if I am wrong and took your time.

Regards.

PanicTrader wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:56 am

Yes MrTools,

Mentioned buffers provide such info as you said but EA prints the following info for the buffers in related circumstances:

#Buffer 2: Prints 100 when indicator line crosses up dotted area above zero and -EMPTY_VALUE when crosses down dotted line (above) regardless of any other scenario.
#Buffer 3: Prints EMPTY value when indicator line crosses up dotted area above zero and 100 when crosses down dotted (above 0) line regardless of any other scenario.
#Buffer 5: Prints +1 when indicator line crosses up dotted area above zero and -1 when crosses down dotted line (above 0) regardless of any other scenario.

So, Buffer 3 & Buffer 5 seems to provide inadequate information when PaleVioletRed colored dots or cross up/down (dotted area below o) occur.

indi-buffers.jpg

Please forgive me if I am wrong and took your time.

Regards.
On your indicator call you can use buffer # 2 and buffer # 3 if you want to use the dots. Can do something like

Code: Select all

buffer2[Bar] !=EMPTY_VALUE && buffer2[Bar+1] == EMPTY_VALUE
for buys

and

[Bar]!=EMPTY_VALUE && buffer3[Bar+1]== EMPTY_VALUE[code]   for sells

or maybe you can try just using the trend trigger factor itself for <> zero

[code]buffer1[Bar]>0 && buffer1[Bar+1] <0 
for buys

and

buffer1[Bar]<0 && buffer1[Bar+1] >0 
for sells

mrtools wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:02 am

On your indicator call you can use buffer # 2 and buffer # 3 if you want to use the dots. Can do something like

buffer2[Bar] !=EMPTY_VALUE && buffer2[Bar+1] == EMPTY_VALUE
for buys

and

[Bar]!=EMPTY_VALUE && buffer3[Bar+1]== EMPTY_VALUE[code]   for sells

or maybe you can try just using the trend trigger factor itself for <> zero

[code]buffer1[Bar]>0 && buffer1[Bar+1] <0 
for buys

and

buffer1[Bar]<0 && buffer1[Bar+1] >0 
for sells
Dear MrTools,

I am OK with buffer 2. Buffer 3 does not provide any value other than 100 until it crosses up the dotted area above 0. So I can not create condition for buy at dips (PaleVioletRed colored dots).

Using indicator line (trigger factor as you say I guess) by it self is a limited option for my strategy on this indicator. So I have nothing I can do at this point.

But anyways, thank you very very much for your time and advise.

Regards.

PanicTrader wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:39 am

Dear MrTools,

I am OK with buffer 2. Buffer 3 does not provide any value other than 100 until it crosses up the dotted area above 0. So I can not create condition for buy at dips (PaleVioletRed colored dots).

Using indicator line (trigger factor as you say I guess) by it self is a limited option for my strategy on this indicator. So I have nothing I can do at this point.

But anyways, thank you very very much for your time and advise.

Regards.
Hi, as I understand it, you need the buffer of the dots, try to use the buffer5> 0.
buffer5 <0

As you can see in the picture I used the buffer 5 to detect the points.
Attachments
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
PanicTrader

kam44 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi,

I'm still learning the nuances of the indicator myself.

But the addition of an MA to the Jurik Bands lets me replace the 14 period RSI with an MA.

On a 4H chart when the Jurik Bands cross the zero line you can enter long/short. If you're conservative you can wait for a zero cross and then a pullback to the MA (I use an 8 period). A push into the outer bands will usually signify strength to the upside/downside. But it has to be a push into the outerbands and not just a touch and bounce back. However if it does bounce off the outerbands but doesn't retrace further than the MA that is usually a sign of continuation in that direction.

Pay attention to the angle of the outerbands when price touches it. If the outerband stays flat then usually price won't go much further?

You can also use this method on the lower timeframes but for the 15M timeframe it's best to let price push up against the outerbands.

Most importantly I think it's best to use the Jurik Bands indicator with a couple of moving averages to get a general sense of direction. Also pay attention to S/R levels as price may stall after it has crossed the zero line or hit the outerbands around strong S/R levels.

Hope this helps?
Great Thanks for the detail explanation.
I would drill into it.