Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Is there a way to make the histogram different colored based on being above/below the signal line rather than using the signal line itself? Similar to attached pic...

All I have is the .ex for this Im guessing cant do anything with it? Or does anyone know of a zero-lag macd that can do this already? Im needing one with the ability to set the fast,slow, and signal settings, minus seeing the signal line itself of course.

As always thanks so much in advance!! :)

Mactormind wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:11 am Is there a way to make the histogram different colored based on being above/below the signal line rather than using the signal line itself? Similar to attached pic...

All I have is the .ex for this Im guessing cant do anything with it? Or does anyone know of a zero-lag macd that can do this already? Im needing one with the ability to set the fast,slow, and signal settings, minus seeing the signal line itself of course.

As always thanks so much in advance!! :)
Maybe this one?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Mactormind

I have an idea for an Indicator I would like to share, if my coding was capable enough I would try it myself. I have been researching the 'Angle Of'' type of Indicators (typically Angle of MA, but I would like to see Angle of TDI) and in particular those that are displayed as a histogram. I have read Mladen's information that says this is very difficult to do because of the two different axis of time/price - which I completely understand. However I have had a thought that might overcome this problem, and could potentially be used to calculate the angle of any indicator, or even just price.

Ideally I would like to see this as histogram for the TDI Green line, with a Zero Line, and then a range of +/- 90 degrees.

My idea is that rather than focusing on the time and price data, that we actually focus on the x/y coordinates of the TDI line itself based on a look-back in terms of bar reference. I believe it is possible to obtain the X/Y coordinates in MT4 with the ChartTimePriceToXY function.

In order to calculate the angle, we need two vectors. So if we look at the x/y coordinates of TDI Green 1 bar ago, and then the x/y coordinates of the TDI green 2 bars ago, we would have our first vector which would be the variable vector. Given then that we need a horizontal vector to reference then we create a second vector by using the same x/y coordinates of the TDI Green two bars ago, but the second point of the vector would be the same Y-coordinate of the TDI two bars ago, but the X-coordinate of the TDI Green one bar ago which will give us the horizontal vector.

Now that we have our two vectors, the formula for calculating an angle from two vectors is:

If this works, then you could effectively measure the angle of anything in MT4, and not only that - vary the look-back of that angle to suit your needs. Furthermore, it would be very interesting to see what the outcome would be using the adaptive look-back methods that have been cleverly thought up in this forum already.

I hope I have explained this well enough, and hope this is of interest to the great coders on this forum.
These users thanked the author rogerha for the post:
Jimmy

rogerha wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:28 pm I have an idea for an Indicator I would like to share, if my coding was capable enough I would try it myself. I have been researching the 'Angle Of'' type of Indicators (typically Angle of MA, but I would like to see Angle of TDI)
That's a very interesting idea and that would be a superb indicator.

I wonder if it would be possible for our coders to look into when they have time. Perhaps something that may be based off the Angle of Averages or Angle of T3? But as an Angle of TDI?
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
rogerha
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance