Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Could you please test this version, not sure if there is a mt4 problem or maybe my computer but can't get it to work on my side, but it should be working, if not look for a blau tvi or an blau ergodic tvi.
it workds! no issue found
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Jimmy
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

nathanvbasko wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:27 am

it workds! no issue found
Thanks! Come to find out the new mt4 build 1184 think it was has a bug it will compile fine, when you try to place your file on a chart you get this error "" Error Access violation write to 0x00000034" . I messed with it and finally decided the error was from my computer, anyway long story short ended up doing a reset on my computer and lost a lot of files again :facepalm:

mrtools wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:08 am

Thanks! Come to find out the new mt4 build 1184 think it was has a bug it will compile fine, when you try to place your file on a chart you get this error "" Error Access violation write to 0x00000034" . I messed with it and finally decided the error was from my computer, anyway long story short ended up doing a reset on my computer and lost a lot of files again :facepalm:
With the build 1184 - just replace metaeditor with previous metateditor
Leave the terminal.exe as is - it will keep metatrader happy and it will not attempt new downloads - and with older metaeditor you shall work the usual way (without that mess)
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 2):
navid110, myrelax82

mladen wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:37 am

With the build 1184 - just replace metaeditor with previous metateditor
Leave the terminal.exe as is - it will keep metatrader happy and it will not attempt new downloads - and with older metaeditor you shall work the usual way (without that mess)
Oh! good thing that I disabled my MT4 auto-update

In case others wanted to update manually only or in order not to experience an unexpected issue with future MT4 builds and wait for some users feedback before updating to a new build.

Change your Windows User Access Control (UAC) settings
Windows UAC stops MT4 update process and asks for your confirmation. Now it’s your choice what will you answer. If you answer NO, your trading platform will not be upgraded and you will be able to use the current version you have installed. If you answer YES, then obviously MT4 will be upgraded.

Here’s what happens when I restart my MT4 with Windows UAC enabled.
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

mladen wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:16 am That doesn't work
Try opening a demo account on metaquotes demo site and see what happens. Brokers still do not have that upgrade - that is why the majority was not hit by it.
Oh yes... with metaquotes it prompted asking for an update.

Luckily I have one installed MT4 build 1170 with a demo account (not from a broker)

Results:
...Windows UAC prompted me immediately and I updated it to build 1190

...so far no issue : set of v2v dynamic system indicators compiled successfully with build 1190
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

mrtools wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:08 am

By the way, I slightly modified the structure of your indicator. Please find the attached.
Now, Is it possible to add MTF option with this type of structure that I am using?

Thanks.

Beansy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:57 am Hi All,

I've been looking around for volume indicators, in particular a zero cross indicator. Has anyone come across a good one? I've been on the hunt for some time and cant find one that fits what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Beansy
Welcome to the site mate :wave:

We've moved your post into the appropriate thread. Have you had a chance to look through this topic yet?
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance