Re: Which antivirus do you use?

macd & rsi wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:36 pm

when I bought my laptop , it had antivirus beside the windows , every six months I reset my pc to factory settings , then antivirus downloads the new update . but I never turn on my fire wall or anti virus , because I never use unknown software or forum .
I install only 4 metatraders and use their web sight , the forex station and forex factory forum , my gmail , linkedin . that's all .
simplicity is the best .
I have also reset the pc and now using the default mcafee antuvirus. But i have read very bad reviews about mcafee.
These users thanked the author shaileshm for the post:
vvFish
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

Guys, Windows Defender is surprisingly good! :)

Here's an article from a few days ago.

Windows Defender ranked one of the best antivirus solutions

What just happened? There once was a time when Microsoft’s Windows Defender was regarded as one of the worst options when it came to protecting your PC. But the free antivirus software has matured in recent years, and has just been ranked the joint top product in AV-Test’s latest report.

In the German independent research institute’s May/June 2019 ‘best antivirus software for Windows Home Users’ report, Windows Defender is one of four products to receive perfect 6 out of 6 scores in the protection, performance, and usability categories.

Windows Defender shared the top honors with F-Secure SAFE, Kaspersky Internet Security, and Norton Security, but Microsoft’s software has a significant advantage over those three: it comes free with Windows 10, while the others are paid-for options.

AV's test results show that Windows Defender managed to block 100 percent of its 307-sample zero-day malware corpus and 100 percent of its 2,428-sample general test corpus. The software was also shown to have little performance impact.

A couple of other free antivirus products just missed out on a perfect score. AVG and Avast recorded a total of 17.5 out of 18, both dropping half a point in the protection category. The lowest scorer, meanwhile, was Webroot SecureAnywhere 9.0, which had a total of 11.5.

Windows Defender has come a long way since it released as Microsoft Security Essentials a decade ago, after which it spent years regularly coming bottom in AV-Test’s results. Microsoft’s Corporate Vice President, Brad Anderson, promoted the good news on Twitter, adding that Defender is also the most commonly used Antivirus in the enterprise—it just missed out on another perfect score for business users.

You can download the latest Windows Defender definition updates here.

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/81396-win ... ogram.html
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Antivirus is one of those indispensable programs for those who use a computer equipped with the Windows operating system. However, it will have happened to many of you to install a new Antivirus and then never see it "in action": it's good, you say! It means that there are no viruses on the computer! Yes, but if a virus arrives and try to inoculate the PC, will Antivirus effectively get into action? Make a simple check of your Antivirus with this harmless test!

Antivirus TestMany times I have wondered if the Antivirus installed on my computer was really effective, because by paying attention (especially with e-mail) taking a virus is not such a common thing. However, so much so, Antivirus is there to take action when a virus maliciously and stealthily tries to enter the PC, and then the question is: does Antivirus really work?

Browsing the Net I found a site that describes a very simple test: in practice it is a matter of trying to save on your PC a normal text file or a zip file that contains a string of DOS characters that is considered harmful by Antivirus.

The small program in question is called EICAR AntiVirus Test File , and is provided by EICAR (acronym of European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research): it is a research institute whose reliability is absolutely recognized, so you can perform the test in complete tranquility: with this test no real virus will be inoculated into your PC! You can check its reliability also by going to WikiPedia (in English).

How to test antivirus

Let's see how to do it:

Open the Notepad program
Enter the following text (copy / paste):
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
Save the file on your Desktop with the name EICAR.COM
These users thanked the author pacois for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Ganesh

pacois wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:11 pm How to test antivirus

Let's see how to do it:

Open the Notepad program
Enter the following text (copy / paste):
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
Save the file on your Desktop with the name EICAR.COM
Holy shit haha it worked. Nice!
Attachments
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance