Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Could one of you fine coders add a third color option to the slope change of one of the all inclusive average indicators? That is if the slope is within a defined range the color is yellow, else red or blue. Im looking for the color change to filter out flats. so if the -a<current slope<a then yellow, else red or blue. where a is the defined range or even better, different inputs for positive and negative slopes. I want to test it out with different methods. Preferably Jurik, Hull, Mcginley and Volume weighted Exponential. So any multiple moving average with these features will be fine.

Thanks in advance for the great work that you do.

^eagle^ wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:18 pm Could one of you fine coders add a third color option to the slope change of one of the all inclusive average indicators? That is if the slope is within a defined range the color is yellow, else red or blue. Im looking for the color change to filter out flats. so if the -a<current slope<a then yellow, else red or blue. where a is the defined range or even better, different inputs for positive and negative slopes. I want to test it out with different methods. Preferably Jurik, Hull, Mcginley and Volume weighted Exponential. So any multiple moving average with these features will be fine.

Thanks in advance for the great work that you do.
Kind of a preliminary version, need to figure out code to make it more automatic on Yen pairs but you will manually have to adjust the up/down slope factor manually for now.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
^eagle^, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah, josi

JPeps wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:22 pm Hi, Is there a version of this indicator which includes ALMA? If not would any of the coders here be able to add it please? Or add atr bands to the ALMA indicator. I havent been able to find an mq4 version of the averages atr bands. Thanks
Added the atr bands, if using the colors on that version of Alma be careful they can repaint.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
JPeps, ^eagle^, friend4you

I Was perusing the Forex factory and came across these oldies. SSL indicators from 2008. I was searching for SSL channel with ATR bands. Probably doesn't exist as it's a channel in a channel. These are probably too old to run on mt4 but What I'm looking for is The ability to have ATR bands at a percentage of the ATR away from the SSL line. Ideally The bands would have separate colors from the SSL channel. Each ATR band could be turned off or unpainted.

You guys have been around for years! LOL. Thanks again for years of service to the community. And if you might be able to hack this or a newer version I would be very grateful. Thanks again. I only use the inside band of the SSL channel But would like to have an adjustable ATR band that runs along with it and the ability to have it run as a percentage. IE 50% ATR, 125% ATR etc.

edit) removed link added indicator

Hope its ok to link an old indie mrTools wrote to this page. CAn't seem to upload the indicators I found on this page.

^eagle^ wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:40 am I Was perusing the Forex factory and came across these oldies. SSL indicators from 2008. I was searching for SSL channel with ATR bands. Probably doesn't exist as it's a channel in a channel. These are probably too old to run on mt4 but What I'm looking for is The ability to have ATR bands at a percentage of the ATR away from the SSL line. Ideally The bands would have separate colors from the SSL channel. Each ATR band could be turned off or unpainted.

You guys have been around for years! LOL. Thanks again for years of service to the community. And if you might be able to hack this or a newer version I would be very grateful. Thanks again. I only use the inside band of the SSL channel But would like to have an adjustable ATR band that runs along with it and the ability to have it run as a percentage. IE 50% ATR, 125% ATR etc.

edit) removed link added indicator

Hope its ok to link an old indie mrTools wrote to this page. CAn't seem to upload the indicators I found on this page.
Not sure about the atr percentage yet, but maybe this would be a start.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
Jimmy, ^eagle^, michaelB, nrv, Deez, Sutatong, Topali, Jedidiah, alexm

rain wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:30 pm Can someone take this 3 Moving Average alerts indicator and add a fourth moving average? Same options for the settings (simple, exponential, etc) and (open, close, etc.)
I want to be able to track the 13, 50, 100, and 200 EMA crossovers!

Thank you for anyone willing to do this; you are far smarter than I am!!
Reposting because it ended up the last post of the page, and I would REALLY love a 4 EMA indicator. Could someone add a 4th EMA with notifications for it for me please?? I'm having really good luck following the EMAs, but sometimes I want want a 100 EMA and sometimes I want a 200 EMA, so being able to have 13, 50, 100, AND 200 would be wonderful!
Thanks again!