CodeMaking Vertex Indicator non-repaint

Hi guys, can anyone help to make the vertex indicator non-repaint? even though the indicator sometimes repaint, it still does a good job identifying the reversals. Someone at the Tradingview platform has already updated the codes so it becomes non-repaint ("...written based on the current bar interval so it dose not repaint on any time frame").

It would be great if the non-repaint version can be coded into MT4.

Here is a screenshot of the non-repaint version from Tradingview, thanks guys!

Re: Making Vertex Indicator non-repaint

hunter_eye wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:41 pm Hi guys, can anyone help to make the vertex indicator non-repaint? even though the indicator sometimes repaint, it still does a good job identifying the reversals. Someone at the Tradingview platform has already updated the codes so it becomes non-repaint ("...written based on the current bar interval so it dose not repaint on any time frame").

It would be great if the non-repaint version can be coded into MT4.

Here is a screenshot of the non-repaint version from Tradingview, thanks guys!
Hey Hunter! I think many have tried in vain to fix this indicator but haven't been able to do it due to a number of complications. Perhaps one of our coders will retackle this challenge again when they are free :)

Have you tried this? It's pretty much the Closest thing to Vertex non-repainting for MT4 :think:
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

hi Chuchu thanks very much for the direction, will try out the BB_%.

The guy at Tradingview said he modified the Vertex indicator code to be based on the current bar interval, which eliminated the repaint. The non-repaint version will occasionally give false signal since it is now non-repaint, but I guess one can combine it with other indicator to confirm when to enter market.

Cheers

Use these Vertex settings and the additional Spearman indicator and you will have a good result. Good luck
These users thanked the author roman251117 for the post (total 9):
ionone, gtudor, lesh, mrhossein23gh, pin12, Kiwi, yoku, tvhh94, Daniel1fx1

HELP NEEDED !!!! I think there are small parts of the VERTEX INDICATOR that are not repainting .... Am I wrong?

Hello traders.

I am currently in the process of trialling out a new trading strategy using the Vertex Mod 3.1 Indicator and I have read many times that this indicator repaints so its basically not useable at all. BUT, for my strategy, I am not planning on using the arrow signal or the dot signal of the vertex because obviously, it is not good to use a repainting signal to get into a trade because it disappears all the time and is not valid. Instead, I want to focus on the two line crossover funtionality within the vertex signal because from what I can see, this can often give really nice signals for upcoming swing reversals (especially on the higher timeframes)

So to help me research this idea, I spent some time with the vertex indicator on a 1 minute chart & 15 minute chart to see how these two lines are plotting themselves and to see whether it repaints itself in any way. From what I could see, the lines themselves move around when the candle is playing out (of course) and then they are confirmed once the candle closes. They then seem to stay this way and do not repaint over time.

Therefore, from my basic research, I cant see any reason to say that the vertex lines (only the lines) repaint. And given the accuracy of these spiking type signals, I am not understanding why everyone writes off this indicator off so quickly without at least playing around with the other parts of it. Am I wrong to think that these lines do not repaint? Or am I wrong to say that this indicator is not giving off good signals when we see these RSI type o/b or o/s spikes appearing on the indicator?

If anyone knows any more about this, can you please tell me why people say that these lines are 'repainting' because from what I saw on my live charts, the lines didn't move after the candle had been closed, just as any other line based indicator would work. Am I missing something here?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!