Re: Step Indicators for MT4

mades wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.
Definitely interested Mades, it's always great to try others settings and charts! Please post it up bro :)
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
Holmes27
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

mades wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm Step indicators are quite amazing I must say, because the size of the step determines the resulting line more than period or anything else. You can have as low as 3 or 5 period setting and still be able to filter out a lot of noise by properly setting the step size. Therefore they eliminate the issue of other trending indicators, which is either very high smoothing and late signals or smaller smoothing and a lot of fake signals. Step indicators just ignore signals if volatility ain't there. This is the closest I've seen an indicator being "almost" flawless (the fake signals still occur sometimes) .

I completely reworked my system around these lately, using step vma, step kaufman and step ehlers. If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.

Yes, I'd be very interested to learn what settings you have come up with Mades for the step indicators - thank you.

Holmes27
These users thanked the author Holmes27 for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

mades wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Try: DJI - step ehlers - 5 min - period 5 - NLMA - Step size 15 - price HA better formula trend biased extreme
I will try those settings, but i found out that with Stepma's each pair have their own settings at least the stepma which the step is based on number of pips, in those, the settings of a stepma that are perfect for eurusd (that you will even doubt if is repainting) is a disaster for gbpjpy and vice versa.

Again thank you very much for your settings.
These users thanked the author Demos4x for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

Demos4x wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:22 am

I will try those settings, but i found out that with Stepma's each pair have their own settings at least the stepma which the step is based on number of pips, in those, the settings of a stepma that are perfect for eurusd (that you will even doubt if is repainting) is a disaster for gbpjpy and vice versa.

Again thank you very much for your settings.
Of course, that's why i said its DJI. Small update tho - I changed the period to 7. Feel free to experiment and share if you find better settings for DJI.

I also use Step Kama (which is harder to setup due to the number of settings you can adjust) and Step VMA, if you feel like you want to experiment, we can move to separate thread and share all settings to find the most optimal one. I trade now only DJI and DAX due to low volatility on FX.
These users thanked the author mades for the post:
RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 pm This is a new step one more average, it has:

. Alerts on color change
. Mtf
. 7 different display type options
. Now using a jurik smoothed atr in it's step calculations(controlled by step size)
. Can show bands just add the pips distance from the step oma
. Has filtering option
Dear MrTools
I can't thank you enough for this. It completes my system to the best I can come up with. I just want you to know I appreciate your work sir, be well and stay with us for a long time ahead
VALAR MORGHULIS

This is an EA using StepMa of rsi adaptive ema with a low modeling quality it back test pretty good, using default settings except take profit 100 and stop loss 100. Ea has break even option along with trailing stop,time filters, spread filter, etc.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
talaate, Kiwi, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm This is an EA using StepMa of rsi adaptive ema with a low modeling quality it back test pretty good, using default settings except take profit 100 and stop loss 100. Ea has break even option along with trailing stop,time filters, spread filter, etc.
invalid trade volume
did you forgot to NormalizeDouble it ? (with MM)

mrtools wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm This is an EA using StepMa of rsi adaptive ema with a low modeling quality it back test pretty good, using default settings except take profit 100 and stop loss 100. Ea has break even option along with trailing stop,time filters, spread filter, etc.
is it possible to publish the *.set of the expert