Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Greetings all,

I have been making my way through this thread and maybe I can save some time by asking here at the end. I'm looking for an indicator that puts BB around the ATR indicator. I tried to write this myself since I've had no luck finding this online but I am a super MQL novice. It would have the typical BB and ATR settings. I'm looking to use this indicator to signify when not to take a trade (when fast ATR jumps out of a fast BB.)

If anyone has seen such an indicator, please let me know. Thanks.

EJ

BostonEJ wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm Greetings all,

I have been making my way through this thread and maybe I can save some time by asking here at the end. I'm looking for an indicator that puts BB around the ATR indicator. I tried to write this myself since I've had no luck finding this online but I am a super MQL novice. It would have the typical BB and ATR settings. I'm looking to use this indicator to signify when not to take a trade (when fast ATR jumps out of a fast BB.)

If anyone has seen such an indicator, please let me know. Thanks.

EJ
Sounds like you could be looking for something like bbsqueeze, there is a version here viewtopic.php?p=1294858845#p1294858845

Thanks for the idea. I checked it out and looks like it causes too many signals. I created the indi I was looking for on TradingView to compare against but cant figure out writing things on MQ4. I'm sure I'll find it somewhere. I cant be the first to think about it.

Thanks!

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Sounds like you could be looking for something like bbsqueeze, there is a version here viewtopic.php?p=1294858845#p1294858845

The Kirshenbaum Bands was developed by Paul Kirshenbaum who is a mathematician with a Ph .D. in Economics from NYU (New York Univeristy).

Kirshenbaum Bands use the Standard Error of Linear Regression lines of the Closing price to determine the width of the bands and has the effect of measuring Volatility in the current trend, rather than measuring Volatility for changes in trend.

This indicator was kindly translated and coded for MT4 by Mladen some time ago and can be used as a trend trading channel.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
Yuvrajjj, moey_dw, Sutatong, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:16 pm The Kirshenbaum Bands was developed by Paul Kirshenbaum who is a mathematician with a Ph .D. in Economics from NYU (New York Univeristy).

Kirshenbaum Bands use the Standard Error of Linear Regression lines of the Closing price to determine the width of the bands and has the effect of measuring Volatility in the current trend, rather than measuring Volatility for changes in trend.

This indicator was kindly translated and coded for MT4 by Mladen some time ago and can be used as a trend trading channel.
Hi,

Can we get an alert/arrow after N numbers of bar closed outside completely the channel?

Thanks,
Rana

SK_Rana wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 am

Hi,

Can we get an alert/arrow after N numbers of bar closed outside completely the channel?

Thanks,
Rana
gr8 idea think this will be nice development........... hopes mrtool or pacois can investigate
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:27 am
Added alerts and made it more userfriendly.
Thank you for this solid upgrade Mrtools :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
moey_dw
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

SK_Rana wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 am

Hi,

Thanks,
Rana
try
These users thanked the author pacois for the post (total 8):
ChuChu Rocket, rudiarius, moey_dw, Skyold, Jimmy, Antonio, Sutatong, Jedidiah