Re: Ehlers Indicators for MT4

moey_dw wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm
so accurate on H4 timeframes big big thx 2 u mrtoolz......... jeff......... pacois......... <3 <3 <3
Absolutely. It's one of those indicators that really shine on the H4 timeframe and higher. You could use this indicator on it's own to swing trade trends on the H4, just wait for the close of each candle and jump in when it changes color and you'll be set. That's it.

Thanks and shoutout to Mrtools, Jeff and Pacois for their work on this tool over the past few days :clap:
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Bob Loblaw, RodrigoRT7
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

global wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 am Hi All,

I just came across this post on MQL5.

There the poster quotes that Mr Ehlers wrote in one of his books that, "the inverse fisher transform of the adaptive stochastic indicator gives clear and unambiguous indications of proper buy and sell points" and he posted Ehlers' code for that indicator. Ehlers bring science to technical analysis and based on what he wrote about this indicator it should bring more certainty to our trading decisions. So can anyone create an MT4 version of this indicator?

I've seen the Inverse Fisher Transform Stochastic and the Adaptive Stochastic indicators but maybe the combination of those two indicators as the "Inverse Fisher Transform of the Adaptive Stochastic" Indicator would give even better results. I hope one of you can make this possible. Thanks.

Attached is the Inverse Fisher Transform of Stochastic by Mladen.

Regards,
global
I did post the link to the post from mql5.com that contained the pseudocode but apparently it must have been automatically removed so here it is again.

Just in case the link is removed again, I attached the post with the pseudocode included as a text file.

global wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 pm
Attached is the Inverse Fisher Transform of Stochastic by Mladen.

Regards,
global
Thanks for attaching the code! Hmm you've been a member here for some time now so we're hoping you understand that it's against the rules to post links. If you would like to share a file, please help us by uploading it to your post.

PS: If you're unsure of the Forum rules, please take some time to check them out here :)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Jimmy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Thanks for attaching the code! Hmm you've been a member here for some time now so we're hoping you understand that it's against the rules to post links. If you would like to share a file, please help us by uploading it to your post.

PS: If you're unsure of the Forum rules, please take some time to check them out here :)
Sorry about that Jimmy. I'll reread the rules and of course abide by them. Thanks for informing me.

mrtools wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 am This is a step version of ehler"s optimal tracking filter(eotf), added a option to pre smooth it using a choice of 9 different moving averages, if you prefer the original simply set the pre smooth period to 1.
Great indicator thank you very much mrtools
would you please add alerts to this indicator

GADEY wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 pm
Great indicator thank you very much mrtools
would you please add alerts to this indicator
Added alerts and the shadow.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
Holmes27, ionone, Bob Loblaw, mades, Leomart, talaate, navid110, LorenzoNexus, maxus182, 太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, Akela

The (FIR) Finite Impulse Response by John Elhers was kindly coded by Vladamir and re-coded as a non-repainting indicator by Mladen a few years ago.

Although it may not look like something very interesting, it deserves a place in our Ehlers' Thread for those who are followers of his teachings.
It is noted that John Ehlers favorite FIR filter had 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 0 coefficients.

As explained by Vlad:
This moving average smooths the prices of the selected digital filter. In fact, the filter is the same (ideal low pass filter), and there are several approximations of its impulse response. These approximations are selected by the Window input variable.

Attached below is the indicator and also the article which talks about Non Linear Filters.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Bob Loblaw