Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: EA 60% DRAW DOWN Is it still good?

micmacaudio wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:17 am Hey guys i am looking to buy and EA from someone that has been showing good results has over a 91% win rate but has a draw down of 60% Is it still a profitable EA? Need some advice. Want and opinion on this specific matter from someone who knows a thing or two about EA's or unbiased opinion based of the drawdown.

Just a guess but with that large of draw down think maybe it is using a small take profit and a very large stop loss, if any stop loss at all.

mrtools wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:04 am

Just a guess but with that large of draw down think maybe it is using a small take profit and a very large stop loss, if any stop loss at all.
Okay i see what your saying, its a 1 min scalper ea that goes for 10 pips each trade. the backtest seem to be great but there is there is no SL. Its hard to judge, the ea goes for highs and lows as a start so the guy im buying it from says there couldnt be a SL, What he said to me exactly was
" [16.06.19 10:06]
it predicts through the high and lows
, [16.06.19 10:06]
if there was a sl there wouldn't be any take profits hit"

Here are some screen shots below thanks for the response
Attachments

micmacaudio wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Okay i see what your saying, its a 1 min scalper ea that goes for 10 pips each trade. the backtest seem to be great but there is there is no SL. Its hard to judge, the ea goes for highs and lows as a start so the guy im buying it from says there couldnt be a SL, What he said to me exactly was

Always good to ask for some fwd tests on a demo or real account.

To be honest, 60% drawdown happens. It's actually not that bad compared to other systems out there. Let's be honest, most of us have been hit with 100% drawdown and a Margin Call e-mail, haven't we? ;)

Mic, unless it's only a few bucks or you're testing something out, never buy something that doesn't have real, live trading results (using verified sources such as MyFxbook or FX Blue).

As Mrtools said it's always good to get some results first.

Remember, if someone's selling a robot or a system and there's no live trading results, 99% of the time it's bullshit :thumbdown:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
micmacaudio
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 pm To be honest, 60% drawdown happens. It's actually not that bad compared to other systems out there. Let's be honest, most of us have been hit with 100% drawdown and a Margin Call e-mail, haven't we? ;)

Mic, unless it's only a few bucks or you're testing something out, never buy something that doesn't have real, live trading results (using verified sources such as MyFxbook or FX Blue).

As Mrtools said it's always good to get some results first.

Remember, if someone's selling a robot or a system and there's no live trading results, 99% of the time it's bullshit :thumbdown:
Alright jimmy thanks for the wise words man, really appreciate the input and advice! Going to deff ask for some live trading proof and results before i buy if i decide to. So do you think that the backtest really can not be trusted? Because he backtested it on a few pairs like EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY All having about the same results of about 60% dd. USD/JPY had the lowest dd of 34%! this ea is a scalping ea that opens tons of trades for 10 pips each. in 2 weeks on USD/JPY backtest it turned the 1k to 10k lol thats a 1000% gain and on GBPUSD in 2 weeks it turned the 1k to 5k thats a 400% gain and on EUR/USD it turned 1k into 8k thats a 700% gain! lot size used is 0.1... Its a Russian scalper EA, based of the screen shots he sent me it uses no SL! he says the strategy is based on highs and lows is there anyone that can explain to me how this ea is able to survive with out a SL on m1 with a 10 pip tp opening positions based of highs and lows
Attachments

micmacaudio wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm Okay i see what your saying, its a 1 min scalper ea that goes for 10 pips each trade. the backtest seem to be great but there is there is no SL. Its hard to judge, the ea goes for highs and lows as a start so the guy im buying it from says there couldnt be a SL, What he said to me exactly was

Hello,
may i know your feedback now regarding this EA?