Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 pm This is an updated version of cci adaptive smoother.
Hi Mrtools,

I need to modify an indicator but I do not know how to do it, I have been advice to ask you in this forum.

What I need is a modification of the attached indicator, the formula used is a modification of OBV is like an enhancement. But I have found that the best formula for cumulative volume indicators is:

1. Money Flow Multiplier = [(Close - Low) - (High - Close)] /(High - Low)

2. Money Flow Volume = Money Flow Multiplier x Volume for the Period

3. ADL = Previous ADL + Current Period's Money Flow Volume

Basically the Accumulation Distribution Line or A/D Line.

Could you please change the current formula of the indicator for the A/D one please?

Thanks
Kind regards

Frag8383 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 am

Hi Mrtools,

I need to modify an indicator but I do not know how to do it, I have been advice to ask you in this forum.

What I need is a modification of the attached indicator, the formula used is a modification of OBV is like an enhancement. But I have found that the best formula for cumulative volume indicators is:

1. Money Flow Multiplier = [(Close - Low) - (High - Close)] /(High - Low)

2. Money Flow Volume = Money Flow Multiplier x Volume for the Period

3. ADL = Previous ADL + Current Period's Money Flow Volume

Basically the Accumulation Distribution Line or A/D Line.

Could you please change the current formula of the indicator for the A/D one please?

Thanks
Kind regards
Does this look close?

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:40 am

Swapped formulas.
Hi Mrtools,
I found another indicator that may be of use to people, the indicator is related to volume and is a simplification of VSA concepts that I use.

It has 4 states.
I believe that a price volume bar can have one of 4 states.

1. It can have increasing spread and decreasing volume. This means that price is moving without strong participation and can not be sustained. Due to the lack of participation, the price is ripe for a reversal.
This is displayed as a Magenta Diamond on that bar.

2. It can have increasing spread and increasing volume. This means there is wide participation and price should continue in this direction.
A red arrow shows the direction down when supply is overtaking demand.
A blue arrow shows direction up when demand is overtaking supply.

3. It can have decreasing spread and increasing volume, which means that the supply and the demand are temporarily stalemated. This is a warning that the direction move may be losing steam.
This is shown by a yellow x on that bar.

4. It can have decreasing spread and decreasing volume. This to me means that the bar has little participation from anyone and that the market is dull or congested. I do not show any indicator for this, because it does not portend any information other than dullness.

The problem with the indicator is that it displays the signal once the bar closes, this is ok if you trade bigger timeframes but if you trade smaller ones like I do and you are looking at different currencies you do not know which signal are you going to get.

Could you please make it so the signals are live while the current bar is taking shape?

Also I do not agree with the statement on 4, that this kind of bar does not portend any information other than dullness, is more Tom Williams the father of VSA says that a no demand bar is one of the most important bars, since it represents confirmation and is when we should go into the market. For example if after a uptrend you get a down thrust you should not get into the market just yet you should wait for an up bar that confirms that there is not energy to go up and that up bar is a no demand bar, up bar with volume below previous 2 bars and spread smaller than previous bar.
We could use a triangle or other shape that you think appropriate for this kind of bar

I asked a long time ago the creator of the indicator if he could modify and add this features but I never got a replied because his thread was already 4 years old.

That is why I’m asking for your help

Thanks
Kind Regards