Can the Members Please Share MT4 Experience / Compability on 4K / UHD Monitor ?

Can Seniors / Members / Traders Please Share Their MT4 Experience / Compatibility on 4K / UHD Monitor running Windows 10 System ?

Hi, I am a beginner with limited Computer Technical Stuff.
I am planning to buy a New 42 inch 4K Monitor specially for running MT4 on windows 10 so that can place more no. of charts and to get large screen space to be used for more info on screen.

Please share your thoughts / experience on this / Points to Consider.

1) Does MT4 work properly on 4K Monitor running Windows 10 ?

2) Is MT4 compatible with 4K Monitors ?

3) Do MT4 charts look appear perfectly fine on 4K Monitors ?

4) Does it require any scaling of text / fonts or any specific settings in Windows 10 Settings ?

Thanks in Advance and looking forward to your Views.

Kindly Help in This.

Re: Can the Members Please Share MT4 Experience / Compability on 4K / UHD Monitor ?

thomdel wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:21 am Can Seniors / Members / Traders Please Share Their MT4 Experience / Compatibility on 4K / UHD Monitor running Windows 10 System ?
Works fine on my end using Asus VP28UQG 4K and Windows 10 without any scaling issues. From MT4 build 940 it began supporting 4K :thumbup:

As quoted by MetaQuotes regarding 4K support since build 940:
MetaTrader 4 build 940: Optimized for ultra-high-resolution (4K) displays
Release Notes: MetaTrader 4
11 December 2015

Terminal
The terminal interface has been completely adapted for ultra-high-resolution (4K) displays. All user interface elements are properly displayed on large screens. On smaller screens, the UI elements are automatically enlarged for better readability.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
thomdel
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Can the Members Please Share MT4 Experience / Compability on 4K / UHD Monitor ?

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Works fine on my end using Asus VP28UQG 4K and Windows 10 without any scaling issues. From MT4 build 940 it began supporting 4K :thumbup:

Also, Please share your experience of Charts on 4K Monitor.
Do the Candlesticks Bars appear large enough for proper view ?
( MT4 has default size 3 for Candlesticks bars )

FYI...When I open my charts on 32 inch FullHD monitor (1920x1080) then Candlestick Bars appear decent enough to be seen properly but when the same chart is opened on 15 inch laptop the same candlestick bars appear very tiny in thickness ( almost unusable ).

If you are an indicator junky like me, I'd recommend Ultrawide WQHD monitor in vertical view rather than normal 4K monitor. This setup is ideal to view many indicator panes stacked up. :)
Also, IMHO, to effectively use 4K monitor, physical size of display is also important. (33 inch or bigger recommended). In a small display with higher resolution, letters and images render too small.

These users thanked the author heispark for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, thomdel
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Hi,

Can you please Help.

I got 43 inch 4K Monitor.

But the Candles appear too tiny on this...I tried different Scaling options in windows 10 also.

To see the Candles Properly, I have to zoom the charts but then the whole purpose for bigger 4K monitor becomes obsolete.
After zooming the candles become too large and charts occupy lots of Space.

Please Advice.

Thanks.
Attachments

heispark wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:06 pm If you are an indicator junky like me, I'd recommend Ultrawide WQHD monitor in vertical view rather than normal 4K monitor. This setup is ideal to view many indicator panes stacked up. :)
Also, IMHO, to effectively use 4K monitor, physical size of display is also important. (33 inch or bigger recommended). In a small display with higher resolution, letters and images render too small.

2019-05-29_20-51-40.png

IMG_2190.JPG
Killer trading desk setup J! :o
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
heispark
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎