Re: HMA - Hull Moving Average Indicators MT4

Mladen's newest Hull moving average

By definition :

By Alan Hull
Back in 2005 when I was working on a new indicator I was temporarily sidetracked by trying to solve the problem of lag in moving averages, the outcome of which was the Hull Moving Average.
Since then the HMA has found its way into charting programs around the world and is regularly discussed on traders bulletin boards in different languages around the world. It was the result of an intellectual curiosity which I placed into the public domain by writing the following article Alan Hul Hull Moving Average.

The Hull Moving Average solves the age old dilemma of making a moving average more responsive to current price activity whilst maintaining curve smoothness. In fact the HMA almost eliminates lag altogether and manages to improve smoothing at the same time.

To understand how it achieves both of these opposing outcomes simultaneously we need to start with an easily understood frame of reference. The following chart contains a 16 week simple moving average which constantly lags the price activity and has poor smoothness.

Hull Moving Average (HMA) formula
Integer(SquareRoot(Period)) WMA [2 x Integer(Period/2) WMA(Price) - Period WMA(Price)]

There are multiple reasons for posting this indicator :

• The eternal "need for speed" cause : Hull average is (regardless how it is calculated) a CPU intensive calculation. This version is solving that by avoiding loops where they usually are used
  • This version is the variation that allows you to specify the "speed" of the Hull average and thus to adjust the Hull (that tends to be overshooting in its original form) to our needs
  • There are countless versions of Hull average, using countless names, that are showing the two colored line - and a lot of them are repainting. This one is a non-repainting version
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
heispark, Jimmy, Deez, moey_dw, nrv, appsoluxions, tvhh94, Patrick K, myrelax82, Jedidiah

Re: HMA - Hulll Moving Average

mrtools wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:04 pm This is a Hull moving average(HMA) using bb stops as an extra trend confirmation. The alerts are on Hma slope change.
MrTools would it be possible to take an HMA like this one that alerts on overbought / oversold levels? I've noticed, after using this indicator, for a few weeks that it is always at the top of the indicator window at the top of a large uptrend / start of a downtrend, and at the bottom at the end of a downtrend/ start of an uptrend. It also helps me recognize retracements because the color/slope changes that are in the middle of the indicator windows are usually just retracements.
I'd love to see if this could be done with indicating on overbought/oversold levels?

Re: HMA - Hull Moving Average Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:25 am Mladen's newest Hull moving average

By definition :

By Alan Hull
Back in 2005 when I was working on a new indicator I was temporarily sidetracked by trying to solve the problem of lag in moving averages, the outcome of which was the Hull Moving Average.
Since then the HMA has found its way into charting programs around the world and is regularly discussed on traders bulletin boards in different languages around the world. It was the result of an intellectual curiosity which I placed into the public domain by writing the following article Alan Hul Hull Moving Average.

The Hull Moving Average solves the age old dilemma of making a moving average more responsive to current price activity whilst maintaining curve smoothness. In fact the HMA almost eliminates lag altogether and manages to improve smoothing at the same time.

To understand how it achieves both of these opposing outcomes simultaneously we need to start with an easily understood frame of reference. The following chart contains a 16 week simple moving average which constantly lags the price activity and has poor smoothness.

Hull Moving Average (HMA) formula
Integer(SquareRoot(Period)) WMA [2 x Integer(Period/2) WMA(Price) - Period WMA(Price)]
There are multiple reasons for posting this indicator :

*the eternal "need for speed" cause : Hull average is (regardless how it is calculated) a CPU intensive calculation. This version is solving that by avoiding loops where they usually are used
*this version is the variation that allows you to specify the "speed" of the Hull average and thus to adjust the Hull (that tends to be overshooting in its original form) to our needs
*there are countless versions of Hull average, using countless names, that are showing the two colored line - and a lot of them are repainting. This one is a non-repainting version
Hi MrTools, could you please do an MTF version of this indi (with arrow/alerts - if you have the time)
These users thanked the author Deez for the post:
moey_dw

Re: HMA - Hulll Moving Average

rain wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:36 pm

MrTools would it be possible to take an HMA like this one that alerts on overbought / oversold levels? I've noticed, after using this indicator, for a few weeks that it is always at the top of the indicator window at the top of a large uptrend / start of a downtrend, and at the bottom at the end of a downtrend/ start of an uptrend. It also helps me recognize retracements because the color/slope changes that are in the middle of the indicator windows are usually just retracements.
I'd love to see if this could be done with indicating on overbought/oversold levels?
Sounds like a good idea, but the problem is that indicator has no set minimum and maximum bounds to determine oversold and overbought.

Moving AveragesRe: HMA - Hull Moving Average Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:14 am

Added mtf,arrows, and alerts.
mrtoolz u spoil us....... thx u so much for pretty mtf on this one coz now it is SIMPLY amazing :clap: :clap: :clap:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈