Re: Step Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:35 am This is the Step Kaufman with the different display types and alerts.
mrtools tthanks you for create this excellent indi and for yout time :clap:
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Hi all,

Just found this place and I'm loving the information here. I signed up to ask this question though as I cant find much data elsewhere. What exactly are the steps in the step indicators? The only info I've seen is taking steps at a specified # of pips but then every step would be the same distance and that obviously isnt the case with the ones I see here. Just asking for some understanding.

Thanks,

EJ

BostonEJ wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 am Hi all,

Just found this place and I'm loving the information here. I signed up to ask this question though as I cant find much data elsewhere. What exactly are the steps in the step indicators? The only info I've seen is taking steps at a specified # of pips but then every step would be the same distance and that obviously isnt the case with the ones I see here. Just asking for some understanding.

Thanks,

EJ
Hi EJ,

Good question, and welcome. I also want to know( also looked around in search of understanding what it is based on, and the Math behind, but could not find any helpful information). I hope experts and good people here will help.

Thanks,
Appsoluxions

Step indicators are quite amazing I must say, because the size of the step determines the resulting line more than period or anything else. You can have as low as 3 or 5 period setting and still be able to filter out a lot of noise by properly setting the step size. Therefore they eliminate the issue of other trending indicators, which is either very high smoothing and late signals or smaller smoothing and a lot of fake signals. Step indicators just ignore signals if volatility ain't there. This is the closest I've seen an indicator being "almost" flawless (the fake signals still occur sometimes) .

I completely reworked my system around these lately, using step vma, step kaufman and step ehlers. If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.
These users thanked the author mades for the post (total 3):
Holmes27, Bob Loblaw, ionone