DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CODES OR REQUEST FOR DECOMPILED INDICATORS TO BE MODIFIED. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Step Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:35 am
This is the Step Kaufman with the different display types and alerts.
I am so in love with step Indicators, they never break my heart, :).
Thanks MrTools for the good work yet again. :thumbup:

Hi all,

Just found this place and I'm loving the information here. I signed up to ask this question though as I cant find much data elsewhere. What exactly are the steps in the step indicators? The only info I've seen is taking steps at a specified # of pips but then every step would be the same distance and that obviously isnt the case with the ones I see here. Just asking for some understanding.

Thanks,

EJ

BostonEJ wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 am
Hi all,

Just found this place and I'm loving the information here. I signed up to ask this question though as I cant find much data elsewhere. What exactly are the steps in the step indicators? The only info I've seen is taking steps at a specified # of pips but then every step would be the same distance and that obviously isnt the case with the ones I see here. Just asking for some understanding.

Thanks,

EJ
Hi EJ,

Good question, and welcome. I also want to know( also looked around in search of understanding what it is based on, and the Math behind, but could not find any helpful information). I hope experts and good people here will help.

Thanks,
Appsoluxions

Step indicators are quite amazing I must say, because the size of the step determines the resulting line more than period or anything else. You can have as low as 3 or 5 period setting and still be able to filter out a lot of noise by properly setting the step size. Therefore they eliminate the issue of other trending indicators, which is either very high smoothing and late signals or smaller smoothing and a lot of fake signals. Step indicators just ignore signals if volatility ain't there. This is the closest I've seen an indicator being "almost" flawless (the fake signals still occur sometimes) .

I completely reworked my system around these lately, using step vma, step kaufman and step ehlers. If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.

mades wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm
If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.
Definitely interested Mades, it's always great to try others settings and charts! Please post it up bro :)
Download over 500+ Forex & Trading books from Forex-Station's (member's only) Trader's Library.

mades wrote:
Step indicators are quite amazing I must say, because the size of the step determines the resulting line more than period or anything else. You can have as low as 3 or 5 period setting and still be able to filter out a lot of noise by properly setting the step size. Therefore they eliminate the issue of other trending indicators, which is either very high smoothing and late signals or smaller smoothing and a lot of fake signals. Step indicators just ignore signals if volatility ain't there. This is the closest I've seen an indicator being "almost" flawless (the fake signals still occur sometimes) .

I completely reworked my system around these lately, using step vma, step kaufman and step ehlers. If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.

Yes, I'd be very interested to learn what settings you have come up with Mades for the step indicators - thank you.

Holmes27

ChuChu Rocket wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm
mades wrote:
If anyone would be interested, I'm willing to share my settings for DJI and DAX 5min for some intraday action (forex volatility is so miserable this year that even step indis prolly won't help with fakes) and hope that someone smarter than me can optimize them further.
Definitely interested Mades, it's always great to try others settings and charts! Please post it up bro :)
Try: DJI - step ehlers - 5 min - period 5 - NLMA - Step size 15 - price HA better formula trend biased extreme

mades wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:19 pm
ChuChu Rocket wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Try: DJI - step ehlers - 5 min - period 5 - NLMA - Step size 15 - price HA better formula trend biased extreme
I will try those settings, but i found out that with Stepma's each pair have their own settings at least the stepma which the step is based on number of pips, in those, the settings of a stepma that are perfect for eurusd (that you will even doubt if is repainting) is a disaster for gbpjpy and vice versa.

Again thank you very much for your settings.

1. Similar Topics

1. need help with Step MA V7

0 Replies 688 Views

by ionone, Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 pm in MT5 Indicators

0 Replies
    2. MT5 Indicators

2 Replies 2491 Views

by Joserra, Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 pm in MT5 Indicators

2 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”