Re: Trade and Invest Talks

I am going to share my trading and investing ideas here and I hope to see ideas form other traders.
I trade based on fundamental factors and although I have spent few years studying technical trading I just start using simple indicators.
Are they useful? Still wondering.

From April 2018 I have short position in EURUSD and I think I will keep it through 2019. No hope for Euro!
During August and September 2018 I had a though time, seeing EURUSD rose back to 1.18 erasing most of the profit.
Now everything is OK!

Will EURUSD touch 1.1? Any idea?

Fuse wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:37 am I am going to share my trading and investing ideas here and I hope to see ideas form other traders.
I trade based on fundamental factors and although I have spent few years studying technical trading I just start using simple indicators.

From April 2018 I have short position in EURUSD and I think I will keep it through 2019. No hope for Euro!
During August and September 2018 I had a though time, seeing EURUSD rose back to 1.18 erasing most of the profit.
Now everything is OK!

I think if you catch pull backs,i means take your profit and re enter on same side but a little more higher/lower from,depends on which side you are,it help you in many ways
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Fuse wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:37 am I am going to share my trading and investing ideas here and I hope to see ideas form other traders.

Now everything is OK!

Every trader is as blind as he/she could be regarding market situation of future even next moment (except few big sharks)
so no matter some body using fundamentals or indicators or what else it is just assumptions and dreams
as for me,indicators are my nerves,they impulse at every single digit movement of price,same i wonder how peoples trade without
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Thanks for comments
If I could take any major trends and pullbacks I was in billionaire hall of fame now and maybe many traders!
If you want to enter market fundamentally you can not be blind. You have to know current market condition and
make a few hopefully correct guess about the future. If not how you can hold a position open for months? Or over a year?

I am starting a technical endeavor for the first time in my trading career. After calibrating my broker I will start.
Nothing high-tech, a simple Keltner channel indicator an a bit of market knowledge probably.
Go long or short on channel boundary breakout when market is trending and do the opposite when is not, simple!
How we should know the breakout is fake or not?! That's the million dollar question or even the billion dollar one!

mntiwana have you any idea about EURUSD for the week ahead? It will touch 1.1 or runaway to 1.15 again?

Fuse wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:13 pm mntiwana have you any idea about EURUSD for the week ahead? It will touch 1.1 or runaway to 1.15 again?
Should see it fall again at the start of the week then a continuation to the upside.
Here's the EURUSD Weekly Technical Forecast.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Fuse
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Thanks for comments
There are methods to confirm breakout, but uncertainty is always associated with them.
In technical trading or any other approach we have to accept some level of uncertainty. There is no way.
My trading setup is a classic Keltner channel with following setting:
Period 100, ATR 100, ATR Multiplier 2

We see a beautiful breakout in gold. What will happen in future? Up or down?
In fact I have no clue why gold is soaring. Risk? Week US dollar?! Inflation?
It is OK. In technical trading there is no need for clues!