Re: Identify This Indicator

Marco320 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi.

Be careful with this indicator. In the past I tested and it repaints.

Look for better options like Averages Channel Candles + alerts 2.07.ex4. Set the average period tighter for ur convenience to get earlier signals.
Cheers Marco
Well, I don't use the channel anyway. As it looks into the future and is curve fitting, of course it has got to repaint. But for the short term fanatics :D I'm sure it has got its advantages too.
The Averages I wouldn't really call a channel per se, as it is just an MA using high/low and close.
If someone would want to use a channel I guess he's better off with the ATR Bands using the weekly/monthly average for ATR.

RplusT wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Well, I don't use the channel anyway. As it looks into the future and is curve fitting, of course it has got to repaint. But for the short term fanatics :D I'm sure it has got its advantages too.
The Averages I wouldn't really call a channel per se, as it is just an MA using high/low and close.
If someone would want to use a channel I guess he's better off with the ATR Bands using the weekly/monthly average for ATR.

Channel.GIF

Try..
These users thanked the author Deez for the post:
RplusT

Hi all.

I downloaded the attached indicator which should be used as a currency changer. Although I search for the settings, all I tried won´t help to make the currencies visible. By compiling the indicator there is also a warning on the symbol in the coding which it would be great to have fixed.

Furthermore if set to ALL only EURUSD and GBPUSD is visible.

If I look in the string "string CurrencyTable" other pairs are too not visible.

Could you take a look at the coding and make changes so I see the pairs on the separate chart correctly for switching between the charts?

BTW if I add more other pairs do I need to in this in the string CurrencyTable too after?

Thx a lot for the help.

Cheers Marco

Marco320 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:26 am Hi all.

I downloaded the attached indicator which should be used as a currency changer. Although I search for the settings, all I tried won´t help to make the currencies visible. By compiling the indicator there is also a warning on the symbol in the coding which it would be great to have fixed.

Furthermore if set to ALL only EURUSD and GBPUSD is visible.

If I look in the string "string CurrencyTable" other pairs are too not visible.

Could you take a look at the coding and make changes so I see the pairs on the separate chart correctly for switching between the charts?

BTW if I add more other pairs do I need to in this in the string CurrencyTable too after?

Thx a lot for the help.

Cheers Marco

BUTTONS_SW_TRO_MODIFIED.mq4
Warning removed
and it is working now as expected
Please be habitual always post your try (illustration picture) so that the responding person know what and where is problem
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:43 am
Warning removed
and it is working now as expected
Please be habitual always post your try (illustration picture) so that the responding person know what and where is problem
Dear MLaden.

Thx a lot. Next times I will send including screenshots.

But plotting the indicator into the chart it is still not working correctly on mine.
I only can use EURUSD and GBPUSD to change from charts and all the buttons are still black differently showed as in ur picture.

Do I something wrong? or?

As you can see in the market watch all pairs are activated if this should give a problem when they werenot activated but thats not the case.

Thanks for the great help and hope to hear soon from you (basically as always you do :) ).

Regards Marco

RplusT wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 pm It works on broker pairs without suffix.
Even though it has got the option to set a suffix in the parameter window, like .pro as on one of my brokers i.e. EURUSD.pro....it does not work.

Dear MLaden.

Thx for the effort but still cannot get the changer on track ;).

When I set the suffix ecn or .ecn which are for this broker, than the underlying pair is gone on and not visible anymore too which makes it more strange what happens. On ur side its looking great on my side it even doesnot work. Do you have any opinion what I am doing wrong? Or has it to do with an installment on Metatrader?

Hope u can help or suggest me what to do?

Thx and cheers Marco