Re: MT4 Volatility Alert with pips display (Scalpers Buddy)

Jimmy wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm Hi traders,

Back in 2015, Keith Watson (Gumrai) helped me to re-design a simple indicator similar to Paul Haye's "Scalpers Buddy".
Basically it's an indicator that sounds a chime and highlights in red (or a colour of your choice) when the current candle has moved a certain amount of pips and signals us of volatile moves.

Indicator features:
  • Sound alerts
  • Visual alerts (text colour change)
  • Draggable on chart - can be placed anywhere
  • Customizable font and font size
  • Multi-timeframe (but for accurate and constant volatility alerts leave the setting on M1)

Even though this indicator was designed to alert you on when to scalp during a trend trade, I use it for simple counter-trend trading simply by:
1. Waiting for the alarm to chime
2. Checking on the M15 which chart is moving
3. Jumping in and scalping the opposite direction once the candle moves close to an important structure like Daily Pivots, 200MA's, whole round numbers (sweet spots), and support and resistance.

Here's an example of a live trade taken by using the Volatility Alarm:
Forex Volatility Alert Indicator Scalpers Buddy MT4.jpg

When I want to be alerted of volatile moves I leave it on the default 5.0 pips when trading the volatile currencies (GBPJPY, GBPAUD, EURNZD, EURCAD, GBPCAD, GBPNZD and EURAUD).
All other major pairs I set it on 4.0 pips.

Try it out, I'm sure many of you will find it useful to help alert you of volatility.

How to use the Volatility Alert Indicator for MT4.jpg

How to use the Volatility Alert Indicator for MT4 2.jpg

PS: I've also included the sound chime I use which is a low frequency "dong" sound. Just drop this file into your "Sounds" folder in the MT4 directory and load the Volatility Alarm Settings file included.

7th March 2018
  • Fixed issue with resetting "Chart on foreground" and renaming issue with indicator not appearing in list

Volatility Alarm.zip
Thanks for an awesome indicator. I have 2 ideas to modify.

1. I would like the option to change the word VOLATILITY on the chart, to anything of my choosing. Example, to a pair name (GBPNZD or GBPUSD or GBPJPY) or an individual currency (GBP or USD or JPY) so i can match the name displayed to the chart.

2. I would like to attach multiple copies of this indicator to 1 chart. Each will represent a different currency pair. Currently it can only display the volatility of the active chart. Can it be modded to show the volatility of a different pair than the chart the indicator is on?

If #2 above can be done. Then I believe an advanced version of the Volatility indicator is possible. 1 indicator which shows volatility of multiple pairs. I would like to view the volatility of 8 pairs from 1 chart via 1 indicator. (Can be powerful insight for currency basket traders)

Jimmy wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 6:33 pm
Thanks for the screenshot, I know you probably have done this already but have you restarted your MT4 client? If not, could you please do that and try to add the indicator to your charts again?

I've just added the ex4 to my client again and all is well here. Let me know how you go.

1111.jpg
Hi Jimmy,

I like this indicator a great deal. However, I have the same trouble when it comes to change the indicator background colour, I have closed MT4 and reloaded the indicator several times into the Indicators folder and had no success.

I have attached a pic of my settings in the indicator and how nothing changes. If you have a solution that would be well appreciated.

Thank you,
Attachments
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

Jimmy wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm MT4 Volatility Alert with pips display (Scalpers Buddy)

Hi traders,

Back in 2015, Keith Watson (Gumrai) helped me to re-design a simple indicator similar to Paul Haye's "Scalpers Buddy".
Basically it's an indicator that sounds a chime and highlights in red (or a colour of your choice) when the current candle has moved a certain amount of pips and signals us of volatile moves.

Indicator features:

• Sound alerts
  • Visual alerts (text colour change)
  • Draggable on chart - can be placed anywhere
  • Customizable font and font size
  • Multi-timeframe (but for accurate and constant volatility alerts leave the setting on M1)

Even though this indicator was designed to alert you on when to scalp during a trend trade, I use it for simple counter-trend trading simply by:

1. Waiting for the alarm to chime
  2. Checking on the M15 which chart is moving
  3. Jumping in and scalping the opposite direction once the candle moves close to an important structure like Daily Pivots, 200MA's, whole round numbers (sweet spots), and support and resistance.

Here's an example of a live trade taken by using the Volatility Alarm:

When I want to be alerted of volatile moves I leave it on the default 5.0 pips when trading the volatile currencies (GBPJPY, GBPAUD, EURNZD, EURCAD, GBPCAD, GBPNZD and EURAUD).
All other major pairs I set it on 4.0 pips.

Try it out, I'm sure many of you will find it useful to help alert you of volatility.

PS: I've also included the sound chime I use which is a low frequency "dong" sound. Just drop this file into your "Sounds" folder in the MT4 directory and load the Volatility Alarm Settings file included.

7th March 2018
  • Fixed issue with resetting "Chart on foreground" and renaming issue with indicator not appearing in list

Volatility Alarm.zip
Why do you always find new treasures, much like a child going to a toy store to buy toys
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Moving AveragesRe: MT4 Volatility Alert with pips display (Scalpers Buddy)

honje19960321 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 pm Why do you always find new treasures, much like a child going to a toy store to buy toys
Haha, you have been finding many treasures over the past few days bro, I see!

It makes me so happy when members are taking some time to visit the depths of our pages and look around because I know they will certainly stumble across some interesting and useful tools. Plus it reminds me if something needs to be updated or fixed 😊

Happy exploring ✌
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, BeatlemaniaSA
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance