Re: Combining Indicators

Naughty 77 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 pm Hi all

I am wanting to find out if two custom indicators can be put in the same window on Mt4 , the same as standard indicators can operate when you apply to the previous indicators data etc ?

Kind regards

Naughty 77
Do you mean two indicators in one MT4 subwindow? If that's what you mean, sure you can easily do that in MT4 with the Navigator open (Ctrl + N) then drag the selected indicators into the same indicator window.

So just say with the chart below I've attached the indicator "Volume Emphasized" to my chart then once I've got that on the chart, I've gone back to the navigator by pressing (Ctrl + N) and dragged another indicator "RSI nrp" by Mrtools into the "Volume Emphasized" subwindow it'll look like this:

Is that what you mean bro?
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Naughty 77
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Hi Jimmy

Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes i am referring to the subwindow as you displayed. I have done this many times with various " custom" indicators and have always been dubious if it is displaying accurately. For example if you put a DSL RSI in the subwindow, and then i want to combine a RSI OF HULL MOVING AVERAGE on that.....because i want to specifically use the bands of the RSI HULL MOVING AVERAGE , applying it to the RSI of the DSL.......now when i drag the chart backwards and forwards the chart changes are not accurate like when you have 2 standard indicators combined. Hope you can understand what im getting at? Difficult for me to explain as i am still learning as i go along. Thanks to you guys for always being so helpful and kind.

P.S. Why do standard indicators have the " apply to previous indicators data" option and custom indicators don't ? Maybe this helps to explain my question

Regards

Naughty 77

Although it should be understood that even if you fix the scales of that custom indicator it will be getting its data from the price and not from the data of the indicator in the separate window, unless it has the option to 'apply to previous indicator's data'. I am not sure why we can't do 'apply to previous indicator's data' with custom indicators. Does anyone know the technical reason?

It would be very useful to be able to have a channel on on-balance-volume for example, but it seems impossible for now in MT4?

Jimmy wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:08 pm Do you mean two indicators in one MT4 subwindow? If that's what you mean, sure you can easily do that in MT4 with the Navigator open (Ctrl + N) then drag the selected indicators into the same indicator window.

So just say with the chart below I've attached the indicator "Volume Emphasized" to my chart then once I've got that on the chart, I've gone back to the navigator by pressing (Ctrl + N) and dragged another indicator "RSI nrp" by Mrtools into the "Volume Emphasized" subwindow it'll look like this:

Is that what you mean bro?
Hello Jimmy,

Is there a way to combine the alert signals from the same indicator across 3 differant timeframes? Like an alert would only popup when A Bollinger Band histogram paints a bar for the H4, H1 and 30 windows simultaniously.

Or even furthur, a combined mtf BB Histo alert combined with an alert from the Bolliner Band Arrow displayed on the chart??

Such an arrangement would reduce the number of alerts that are generated. Thanks....

Only know of a non-free solution: Make a google search "runwisefx indicator combine".

It would be extremely useful if our coders could come up with their own solution.
Itsart3 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:35 am Hello Jimmy,

Is there a way to combine the alert signals from the same indicator across 3 differant timeframes? Like an alert would only popup when A Bollinger Band histogram paints a bar for the H4, H1 and 30 windows simultaniously.

Or even furthur, a combined mtf BB Histo alert combined with an alert from the Bolliner Band Arrow displayed on the chart??

Such an arrangement would reduce the number of alerts that are generated. Thanks....
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post (total 2):
Itsart3, Forexlearner