Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

mntiwana wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 am
Welcome here at first - :)
I think the version you posted is old enough,if you can change your mind,may be some newest versions of Mladen and Mrtools can better help you creating your strategy
here is one of mladen Averages version,it displaying same with sma of same period 10 as yours

"Gann averages high-low activator_mtf 3_1 histo"
30 Averaging methods supported - mtf
not yet alerts/arrows
Thanks for the welcome,

About the indicator, have just try it and wow, really amazing how much options does it have. even without the signals I will keep it in the terminal.

not sure if it's possible to have it with the arrows/alerts in the mq4 version? if it's intended that way (the ex4) to keep it's code protected then can I trouble you to help me add the arrows/alerts to the normal one (or a newer version based on your consideration which could make the same calculations and have the mq4 version available)? when there are minor changes to make like the default settings, the message sent in the alert, the kind of arrow, etc, I like to be able to modify the code, since at least that minor changes I (usually) do know how to make them myself and it's just a thing of preferences.

as i said, even if it's not possible to get the mq4 I think that it will help me do some testing with the different settings it have to see which works the better. really surprised me the quantity of MaMethods available in this Gann version, so thanks a lot for showing it to me.

camisa wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:46 am

no, it's not that
did you try making a whole new copy of your mt4 folder and copying the indicator there? it's weird that it didn't appear, since even if the Indi didn't work (and it doesn't seem to be the case), as long as it's in the mql4 folder it should appear in the terminal.

EDIT: just tested it in my terminal and it worked perfectly, so if it still don't work for you could try reinstalling the mt4.
Attachments

mntiwana, mrtools, and all you guys who can help me with adding the arrows to the indicator,

below it's the indicator I used as a reference to try and change the histogram to arrows myself, however, no luck so far.

as I said, if it's easier to change the histogram to arrows so that way the arrows don't draw as deletable objects that will also work, I will just need to attach the 2 indicators to the chart, the one with the arrows/alert, and the one with the histogram (yeh I know it will show the same thing, but for some reason I like to have the histogram visible xD)

thanks in advance.

-L- wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:37 pm

did you try making a whole new copy of your mt4 folder and copying the indicator there? it's weird that it didn't appear, since even if the Indi didn't work (and it doesn't seem to be the case), as long as it's in the mql4 folder it should appear in the terminal.

EDIT: just tested it in my terminal and it worked perfectly, so if it still don't work for you could try reinstalling the mt4.
I tested it in a MT4 I have in another computer and it doesn't appear also, weird