Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mntiwana wrote:
It is simply 3 state (3 deviations) SMA bands
What did you means for H lines - can you explain with illustration picture/s
[/quote]

this is my explanation ... sorry, my english is bad

Three price movement patterns ... namely Up, Down and Flat . Of these three patterns ... the most important thing for us to observe is the Flat movement pattern ... why? because of this pattern the movement will start to move Up or Down. And the most important thing is the Flat movement pattern mathematically and the statistics of the movement boundaries are easier to predict !!!.

how can we predict the limits of current price movements? Well, here is the important point ... the boundaries are like signs on the highway ... which helps us to predict where to go next. we will use Bollinger Bands to help us predict these limits. This indicator already has a built-in trading platform available today. Only the way we use BB with the same period in a flat movement condition. !!!!

Well ... why do we use Bollinger Bands to calculate or see the limits of price movements? You can read the details about the Bollinger Bands indicator, all of which are technically explained ... just read the details there. But one reason why we use BB to see the limits of movement is because BB calculates the Standard Deviation from SMA with a certain period. Then what is Standard Deviation? Standard Deviation is meaning the degree or boundary where the value of a group of data resides. Well, the standard deviation that is commonly used is its value 2. Why 2? ... in short, from the statistical calculation of a group of data it is known that 96.5% of the values of a group of data observed will be in the calculation range with Standard Deviation 2. So that's the reason why we will use BB to determine the limits of price movements , because with this definition we can conclude that when the price touches the Upper line BB level or BB Lower line then it indicates that (possibly) the price movement will reverse . But I need to underline here that ... this applies to static moving, not dynamic data ... that's one reason why I only use BB at the reference point of price movements that are in Flat condition.

It means that the BB we will use for the period must always be the same as the period of reference point of the movement of the SMA that we are using. And we only use BB if there is a reference point of movement in Flat conditions, so we will not use the BB when the SMA movement is being used. in trending state.

Then can we immediately predict that the price will move down if the current price is below the BB 480 Upper Line again? We do not act on price positions but we still use reference points to take action. So we can predict the price will move down if the MA Daily (SMA 24) which describes the daily movement also moves down or the MA line is directed down (Pointing Down). Then how do we know that prices will not turn up or rise again? Observe the MA Daily line ... we can predict that the price will move up only if the MA Daily line penetrates the Upper Line BB Monhtly (480). Pay attention when the price plays in the BB area, doesn't the MA Daily never penetrate the Upper or Lower BB? REMEMBER the MA Daily describes the daily movements !!! Then if it goes down how far will the price go down? What is clear is that our first target is the MA Monthly ... but we can only make sure the price will move there if the price is below the MA Weekly (120 SMA) and the MA Daily (24 SMA) is also below the MA Weekly (SMA 120)

Well in summary we have obtained information about the direction and limits of price movements ... this is in accordance with the purpose of our analysis. Then when do we OP it?

we know that we will BUY if the price is above the Upper Line BB Monhtly (480). and 24 SMA penetrates or passes the Upper Line BB Monhtly (480) ... And we will SELL if the price returns below the Upper Line BB Monhtly (480). and MA Daily (SMA 24) leads down.

we will use or see price movements per 8 hours. Now when we have the results of the analysis we will use it to help us OP ... Well ... to see it on the H1 chart we plot the MA 8H (yellow line). Well ... we can use crossing MA 8H and MA Daily as the right time for OP

Can we also use MA 4 H (blue line). to monitor movement and use it when crossing with MA Daily on H1 as a sign for Entry? It's okay ... that means we use a comparison of the 4-hour moving average and the daily movement to determine when Entry . It depends entirely on the trader himself but I myself often use crossing the 4H MA and 8H SMA in the H1 for entry points . The most important thing is that we already have analysis material ... so we only use crossing crossing to ensure Entry and Exit . Even if you want you can also use the crossing MA 1H and MA 2H for the OP. .. Why not? as long as you are sure and know the risks ... that's the most important thing. Then what about the SL and TP? Well ... to determine the SL I usually use the Upper / Lower line BB which I use as a basis for determining the limits of price movements. So if I sell Sell, then I use Upper Line BB, which becomes a limit plus spread + 1 point as SL . And my TP uses the middle BB as the first target ... but sometimes I just leave it without TP and Exit based on crossing the MA 8H and MA Daily . Well ... so far I think it's quite clear basic analysis that I usually do ... all based on mathematical and statistical calculations.

we can use any TF ... as long as the reference is fixed ... On M1, M5 and M15 you can ... just convert the reference points of daily, weekly, monthly and annual movements to the TF you want to use.

So far we have discussed how to analyze price movements and determine the limits of their movements. I will try to summarize and conclude what we have discussed:

1. We can follow the trend of the direction of price movements by observing the value of the average price movement based on certain reference points (observation points) that we have determined and we use as our standard analysis. In this discussion we use the daily, weekly, monthly and annual average movements as a reference point.

2. Prices always move dynamically following the pace of demand and supply that occurs in the market so as to form a certain pattern. This pattern of price movements to simplify us for only three types, namely: Pattern of upward movement (Up Trend), Pattern of downward movement (Down Trend) and Normal pattern of movement (Flat Trend). 3. Prediction of movement limits is only calculated based on the average reference movement that is moving with the normal movement pattern (Flat Trend). Calculation of these limits is done by calculating the Deviation Standard from the reference movement average value. From what we have obtained, it means that in general we have got a picture or map of the currency travel that we will follow.

Next is how we enter and take advantage of the movements formed by the price.

the first key that I often use is ... "I will not take a city bus by jumping on a speeding city bus, but I will wait for him at stops or places to stop to stop carrying passengers" .. Likewise with the trading we will do ... Then where is the stop ...?

The next question is whether only the boundaries that we have set are our places or points for Entry? No, the limit is only signs that tell us the levels that will be our focus. Well, this is where we need a simple trick to see when the entry is right ... because if we wait for the MA to move daily, weekly, monthly or yearly, we will lose a lot of moments or opportunities. Then how do you do it? It's easy, we just have to monitor price movements by using a smaller reference point in time. For example, we can monitor price movements with the help of 4H MA in H1. This means we monitor price movements that occur in the last 4 hours ... I use 4 Close High School and 4 High School Open to see the direction of price movements in the last 4 hours ... Why 4 hours? Actually this is up to you ... but I sort the MA 4H in H1 to monitor price movements in more detail, the reason is because around the world working hours on average are 8 hours per day ... and for 8 hours of work there is a pause or time interval to take a break ... So by choosing the MA 4H to monitor price movements in more detail for me it's quite logical and reasonable. Isn't the market driven by humans too?

Regarding Flat conditions ... it is very important to remember that do not ever use the MA trend in Flat condition as the main benchmark. MA who is in a flat condition ... we use to set limits using BB. Then which MA should we hold as a benchmark? Use a higher MA as a benchmark and the smaller MA as a guide ... but just focus on the smaller MA ... because the MA is flat This will eventually follow where the smaller MA moves ... Try observing if the upper BB or Lower than the MA that is flat breakout, this MA or Middle BB will follow the direction of the small MA ... Flat conditions are ideal conditions for entry ... it may conflict with what is being heralded out there ... that we must avoid Flat conditions ... for me Flat conditions are the conditions that I am looking for ... Likewise as a question how do I enter in trending conditions? Keep in mind that entering in trending conditions is very dangerous ... (this also contradicts what is taught out there) ... Why? because we never know whether this trending will end or continue ... Then how about a safe entry? Look, say what we mean by trending is the daily movement ... when do we enter? Look at the 8 hour movement, 4 hours and 1 hour ... wait or search between the three smaller movement points that are in Flat condition ... create the BB and enter through there with the BB rule Of course..

and now what I need is a direct deviation of the current movement and I tried to make the Midle, SD1, SD2 and SD3 lines Horizontal unlike BB in general but more like Support and Resistance ... thank you in advance
These users thanked the author OscarMike for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, ionone

Jimmy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 pm

If the code was made by one of the FS experts and there is no MQL4 file on this site then the source code isn't shared (to prevent theft etc.).
In regards to source codes please refer to our rules here.
thanks Jimmy

does you or any one knows the coder personally ? i can't send PMs on the other forum

i'm ready to pay some money for the code (only in the event of some Platform change, to be able to recompile it)

thanks
Jeff

mrtools wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 am

Made this version using the 9 different moving average options to smooth the efficiency ratio the mt5 version looks like the smoothing is very close to a simple smoothed ma. As with the other of these conversions please make sure it doesn't repaint before using it on real money, hopefully I avoided the mt5 repainting traps. :shh:
Thanks for this, is there a mq4 version of this indicator you have available?

Fantasydank wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:21 am

Thanks for this, is there a mq4 version of this indicator you have available?
If the code was made by one of the FS experts and there is no MQL4 file on this site then the source code isn't shared (to prevent theft etc.).
In regards to source codes please refer to rules viewtopic.php?p=1295368880#p1295368880.
These users thanked the author reachme for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, moey_dw

mrtools wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Another good one from Mladen::::::

Theory :

Efficiency ratio was invented by Perry Kaufman as a measure of volatility and as a way of making some calculations adaptive. In his adaptive moving average he uses 3 periods for calculation which makes it a bit "cryptic" and, by all means, not so simple to use. This version is simplifying the whole thing without an intention to clone the KAMA indicator - but with an intention to use the efficiency ratio for adapting the average calculations and to use only two parameters for that :

period
price
No other parameters needed

Usage :

It can be used as any other moving average type indicator

Please make sure in my converting it I didn't cause it to repaint, don't think so but since the market is closed now, not sure.
Found some repainting issues with this version should be fixed in this version I'm posting.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
reachme, Jimmy, michaelB, Jedidiah

ChartRe: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Dear, Mr. tools:
I use this tool to determine the direction of breakthroughs every day in an hour cycle. I've been using this indicator for several years. I want to upgrade this indicator. I marked my idea and asked you to help me. It's very simple. First, remove the position of red forks, stop showing them, and then change these positions I marked to different colors of horizontal lines, and label them. Write down buy, sell, tp1, tp2. If there is an alarm when breaking through, it would be better. Thank you for helping me. I really need it.