Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

friend4you wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 am Range Action Verification Index - extended (Ravi)
I like this new work of mladens free mq5-indicator to find trending markets. Nothing similar is posted here. Is it possible to get it in mq4 with alert?
mladen:
"Original definition :

The Chande's Range Action Verification Index (RAVI) indicator was developed by Tushar Chande. As the ADX indicator, the RAVI is used to identify whether a market or security is trending. The RAVI indicator is calculated using moving averages of different lengths. The first one is a short moving average with a lookback period of 7 bars. The second one is a long moving average with a lookback period of 65 bars. The indicator returns a percentage value. Above a certain threshold, the market is considered trending.

Interpretation:

The market is considered trending if the RAVI value is above 3%. Otherwise, the market is consolidating

Changes :

Due to its nature, the levels mentioned in the original description are largely arbitrary and in some cases will never be reached (depending on symbol and time frame). This version is using levels that are adjusted to the value and that way it makes the indicator work the same on any symbol and any time frame

Usage :

All the usual : using color changes for trend start and possible re-entries"
Ravi.mq5
Do you think any of from these 4 possibly help you though old enough
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hey guys,

I've tried re-coding this old mql4 file but I find myself lost whether I'm re-coding a part that's already fixed, or I'm coding a part that's wrong.. I'm not too sure however here is the original old code (nmazz) that needs to be updated so I can use it on the newer version on metatrader. I also added the code I tried to edit (nmazz 1.1 - I'm a beginner in coding btw) , Thank you so much in advance!

bluebird wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 am Hey guys,

I've tried re-coding this old mql4 file but I find myself lost whether I'm re-coding a part that's already fixed, or I'm coding a part that's wrong.. I'm not too sure however here is the original old code (nmazz) that needs to be updated so I can use it on the newer version on metatrader. I also added the code I tried to edit (nmazz 1.1 - I'm a beginner in coding btw) , Thank you so much in advance!
Man - at first you are welcome here - :)
Here you go - i tried on the original
For the rest of readers/visitors,this code needs zigzags indicator too for to work - attached
looks like an combination or compound of cci,wpr and zigzag indicators,the well known style of Russian coders
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 am
Do you think any of from these 4 possibly help you though old enough
They are different and have less to do with sideways like mladens new combination I think. If you post them, these were the first ravi here. Is it difficult to convert the posted one as new mt4 seems to use often similar code as mt5?
"Due to its nature, the levels mentioned in the original description are largely arbitrary and in some cases will never be reached (depending on symbol and time frame). This version is using levels that are adjusted to the value and that way it makes the indicator work the same on any symbol and any time frame"

mntiwana wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 am
Man - at first you are welcome here - :)
Here you go - i tried on the original
For the rest of readers/visitors,this code needs zigzags indicator too for to work - attached
looks like an combination or compound of cci,wpr and zigzag indicators,the well known style of Russian coders
Thank you so much, you answered with such a quick response! I am very grateful :)

SydneyFox wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:54 am

Is it possible to get the mq4 version of your updated indicator? I'm no coder and am trying to use it in an EA I'm building using fxdreema.com but can't figure out how to add a custom indicator that is a .ex4 file and not a .mq4 file. Thanks.

Dynamic Cycle Explorer of averages.ex4
Mq4 file will not be shared. We have to respect their decision. All you need is to know the indicator buffer value to use it on EA.
These users thanked the author reachme for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, moey_dw

reachme wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 am

Mq4 file will not be shared. We have to respect their decision. All you need is to know the indicator buffer value to use it on EA.
I have no issue respecting their decision if that is their decision. There have been plenty of mq4 files shared which is why I asked.

When compiling my EA I get the following Compilation errors and don't know what to do to fix them? I haven't had this issue when using any of the indicators I have uploaded from mq4 files. Does anyone know how I use the ex4 files in fxdreema?

'MA_METHOD' - undeclared identifier
'MODE_SMA' - some operator expected

SydneyFox wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 am

I have no issue respecting their decision if that is their decision. There have been plenty of mq4 files shared which is why I asked.

When compiling my EA I get the following Compilation errors and don't know what to do to fix them? I haven't had this issue when using any of the indicators I have uploaded from mq4 files. Does anyone know how I use the ex4 files in fxdreema?

'MA_METHOD' - undeclared identifier
'MODE_SMA' - some operator expected
Just build an EA using dummy indicator. Later on, you can just replace the indicator name and buffer value to make it work. You can also choose paid work in this forum itself for reliable coding. Just a piece of advice, all online based coding is crap. it's not matured enough to code it with proper error handling.