Moderators: mntiwana, mrtools

Re: Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:54 am
FBI wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:57 am

Yes please.
Added the bands and mtf.
Could you specify rule of trading using this Vwap indicator? Are white and red lines EMA lines?

Good afternoon, dear coders, you can create an Awesome Oscillator indicator to show divergence, if anyone has a normal such an actuator, please share it, thank you.

Range Action Verification Index - extended (Ravi)
I like this new work of mladens free mq5-indicator to find trending markets. Nothing similar is posted here. Is it possible to get it in mq4 with alert?
mladen:
"Original definition :

The Chande's Range Action Verification Index (RAVI) indicator was developed by Tushar Chande. As the ADX indicator, the RAVI is used to identify whether a market or security is trending. The RAVI indicator is calculated using moving averages of different lengths. The first one is a short moving average with a lookback period of 7 bars. The second one is a long moving average with a lookback period of 65 bars. The indicator returns a percentage value. Above a certain threshold, the market is considered trending.

Interpretation:

The market is considered trending if the RAVI value is above 3%. Otherwise, the market is consolidating

Changes :

Due to its nature, the levels mentioned in the original description are largely arbitrary and in some cases will never be reached (depending on symbol and time frame). This version is using levels that are adjusted to the value and that way it makes the indicator work the same on any symbol and any time frame

Usage :

All the usual : using color changes for trend start and possible re-entries"
Ravi.mq5
(11.37 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

friend4you wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 am
Range Action Verification Index - extended (Ravi)
I like this new work of mladens free mq5-indicator to find trending markets. Nothing similar is posted here. Is it possible to get it in mq4 with alert?
mladen:
"Original definition :

The Chande's Range Action Verification Index (RAVI) indicator was developed by Tushar Chande. As the ADX indicator, the RAVI is used to identify whether a market or security is trending. The RAVI indicator is calculated using moving averages of different lengths. The first one is a short moving average with a lookback period of 7 bars. The second one is a long moving average with a lookback period of 65 bars. The indicator returns a percentage value. Above a certain threshold, the market is considered trending.

Interpretation:

The market is considered trending if the RAVI value is above 3%. Otherwise, the market is consolidating

Changes :

Due to its nature, the levels mentioned in the original description are largely arbitrary and in some cases will never be reached (depending on symbol and time frame). This version is using levels that are adjusted to the value and that way it makes the indicator work the same on any symbol and any time frame

Usage :

All the usual : using color changes for trend start and possible re-entries"
Ravi.mq5
Do you think any of from these 4 possibly help you though old enough
Attachments
EURUSDM15.png
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

losajoca wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:26 am
losajoca wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 am

By the way, could this "end pointed" SSA have a sound alarm when arrows are displayed?
Thanks.

8-) *a superb 2019 to all in forum*
Please?
Try this of Mrtools enhanced and tweaked ver
"Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed mtf 2_nmc alerts+arrows"
arrowing and alerting on zero cross
Attachments
image_176980.png
GBPUSDH1.png
p.png
Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed mtf 2_nmc alerts+arrows.ex4
(35.12 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hey guys,

I've tried re-coding this old mql4 file but I find myself lost whether I'm re-coding a part that's already fixed, or I'm coding a part that's wrong.. I'm not too sure however here is the original old code (nmazz) that needs to be updated so I can use it on the newer version on metatrader. I also added the code I tried to edit (nmazz 1.1 - I'm a beginner in coding btw) , Thank you so much in advance!
Attachments
nmazz.mq4
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
nmazz 1.1.mq4
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 30 times