Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 am Try this one, please make sure it doesn't repaint, don't think it does.
Thanks a lot, I will test it next days. Also very interesting is this small mq5 oscillator. Mq4-version would be useful to many, I think.
mladen: "Efficiency ratio directional with levels
Basics :

The Efficiency Ratio (ER) was first presented by Perry Kaufman in his 1995 book ‘Smarter Trading‘. It is calculated by dividing the price change over a period by the absolute sum of the price movements that occurred to achieve that change. The resulting ratio ranges between 0 and 1 with higher values representing a more efficient or trending market. The Kaufman Efficiency Ratio is also know as Fractal Efficiency. It can be used as a filter to differentiate between trending conditions and sideways markets.

This version :

The original Efficiency ratio does not show the direction of the market. This version does that. Also, in order to identify market conditions self adjusting levels are added in order to make it easier to spot the change and current state of the market

Usage :

You can use the color changes to assess market direction and trend changes"

friend4you wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 am

Thanks a lot, I will test it next days. Also very interesting is this small mq5 oscillator. Mq4-version would be useful to many, I think.
mladen: "Efficiency ratio directional with levels
Basics :

The Efficiency Ratio (ER) was first presented by Perry Kaufman in his 1995 book ‘Smarter Trading‘. It is calculated by dividing the price change over a period by the absolute sum of the price movements that occurred to achieve that change. The resulting ratio ranges between 0 and 1 with higher values representing a more efficient or trending market. The Kaufman Efficiency Ratio is also know as Fractal Efficiency. It can be used as a filter to differentiate between trending conditions and sideways markets.

This version :

The original Efficiency ratio does not show the direction of the market. This version does that. Also, in order to identify market conditions self adjusting levels are added in order to make it easier to spot the change and current state of the market

Usage :

You can use the color changes to assess market direction and trend changes"
Efficiency ratio directional levels.mq5
Made this version using the 9 different moving average options to smooth the efficiency ratio the mt5 version looks like the smoothing is very close to a simple smoothed ma. As with the other of these conversions please make sure it doesn't repaint before using it on real money, hopefully I avoided the mt5 repainting traps. :shh:
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
friend4you, FXchaos, moey_dw, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 am

Made this version using the 9 different moving average options to smooth the efficiency ratio the mt5 version looks like the smoothing is very close to a simple smoothed ma. As with the other of these conversions please make sure it doesn't repaint before using it on real money, hopefully I avoided the mt5 repainting traps. :shh:
arrows please :)

mrtools wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 am

Added arrows and mtf.
Hi there passing on a thank you for all your hardwork on this forum. I have tested this indi backtesting using tick data running it on TF15min with the indi set to 4hr TF, the arrows are very late and do repaint. Only in the same TF both the test and the indi we get a non repaint arrow but with many false signals. Regards and thank you

kappaforex wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:49 am

Hi there passing on a thank you for all your hardwork on this forum. I have tested this indi backtesting using tick data running it on TF15min with the indi set to 4hr TF, the arrows are very late and do repaint. Only in the same TF both the test and the indi we get a non repaint arrow but with many false signals. Regards and thank you
Do MTF indicators need to recalculate? Yes!

of course in mtf mode all indicators need to repaint before close of MTF timeframe candle............. so for examples if you have a 4 hour MTF on the 1 hour chart it will take 4 x 1 hour candles to close first to generate the proper arrow signal etc. but prior to the close of those 4 x 1 hour candles the arrows will appear & reappear depending on movement of 4 hour chart & this is not repainting it is just calculating the higher timeframe open bar (which all indicator need to do to display) sorry for my english but maybe mntiwana can explain better than me............. bottom line is its not actually repainting indicator it's just calculating higher timeframe's movements still :think:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 4):
太虚一毫, Jimmy, Mundu19, Jedidiah
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Dear MrTools,

Would it be possible to create an indi from the attached, where:

1) The exactly same indicator is plotted on top of it but is calculated based on the first one - basically, as if we had used the "Apply to: Previous Indicator's Data" option in MT4
2) OPTIONAL Divergence finder (lines) between the two indis - i.e. First indi makes HH, but Second indi makes Equal High or LH, and vice versa. Hidden divergence would be great too.

Please let me know if this is too much work and I should PM you instead.

Thanks!

camisa wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

arrows please :)
I support the request, with arrows I think he means alerts too, when line breaks the levels and as option when slope changes.
Your vwap indicator disappears, if you choose real volume: true. Maybe a small mistake. VWAP is often used by pros on Indexes like S&P.
viewtopic.php?p=1295383772#p1295383772
So long, there is still this version:
viewtopic.php?p=1295377890#p1295377890
Thanks, good work.

friend4you wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:25 am

I support the request, with arrows I think he means alerts too, when line breaks the levels and as option when slope changes.
Your vwap indicator disappears, if you choose real volume: true. Maybe a small mistake. VWAP is often used by pros on Indexes like S&P.
viewtopic.php?p=1295383772#p1295383772
So long, there is still this version:
viewtopic.php?p=1295377890#p1295377890
Thanks, good work.
If your broker has real volume then it should work, think that is mainly for mt5 type brokers, my understanding is most if not all mt4 brokers are using tick volume. Just left that in there just in case.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, reachme